• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China bullet train derails; coaches fall off bridge

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds like there are alot of cost cutting with the train tracks when there are huge corruption...

referencing from Ash007's info, it sounds likely that the train track could be a cause of the accident.

as the derailment seems to be in between, the first carriage could skim through, the 2nd carriage could go off, and drag the rest of the 3 carriages down.

Nothing to do with the rails, it was a headon collision between an idle train and a moving train... software error is the propable cause.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
And my colleagues give me a funny look when I declared that I will not consume anything Made in China.:p

It was just a matter of time before somebody died on their trains. Chinese and China cannot and never will be world leaders in anything except cheap.

Its genetically predisposed that greed and cutting corners will be subconciously programmed into their behavior.

Do we really want China to replace USA as the leaders of the world? It may happen but not in my lifetime. They will be the catalyst that precipitates human decline.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
quality will rise in a matter of time... after countless lives, and countless money lost later... quality will rise.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
excuse me, but since i am not familiar with prc, is this the same bullet train that was just started operation in less than 1 month ago???
i heard they build it super quick, and super cheap compare to the other two countries who have it. I am sure there are lighting in france and japan too, their bullet train did not crash into each other. what kind of control system did they bought?? japan , france or PRC own control system, which cannot communicate with each other when something happen. this is crazy.

if they have own control system, it is better fly their dangerous domestic airline, at least it is airbus and boeing. They can still communicate with eachother through international warning system. At least i hope they have the same international standard.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad Omen !

4614030_f260.jpg

That was a bad omen? Then, it will be our turn soon.

merlion.jpg

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point now is whether they will give a transparent account of what went wrong. If they do then lesson learnt. I am impressed by that picture of a truck with huge Sat mounted for either TV or communication with HQ. Also the people around there all in uniform - seems professional.

If they coverup then commuters will lose confidence. Planes crash all the time but an investigation is done and the errors corrected and people still have confidence.

As for accidents - it happens even in the top countries like Germany and Japan.

2009 - http://www.euronews.net/2009/04/17/twenty-four-injured-in-german-train-crash/

2011 - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/30/german-rail-crash

Japan crash

2005 - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7624164/ns/world_news/t/toll-japan-train-crash-tops/

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
apparently one train was struck by lightning, lost power and stalled, and the oncoming train hit it. they have not fool proven the rail network with a robust lightning arrestment and grounding system. the challenge is in grounding a fast moving train with rubber on wheels onto the track system between stops.