• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Child's Economics Question

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was telling my kid about GDP per capita.

Then he asked me, GDP per capita, refers to all individuals (population) in the country, including students, babies, retirees
OR
refers to average of the working population?

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's GDP per capital is about $80000.
If it refers to all individuals, including students, babies and retirees

For a family of four with one working daddy,
The father must clock $320,000 annual income, or $26000 per month, just to be near national average?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

The father must clock $320,000 annual income, or $26000 per month, just to be near national average?
My uncle think gdp per capita means $x divided by sg population. 80k is for the high ses group while low ses maybe onlee 8k which means based on current sg gdp most sinkies jiak sai

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was telling my kid about GDP per capita.

Then he asked me, GDP per capita, refers to all individuals (population) in the country, including students, babies, retirees
OR
refers to average of the working population?
it refers to total population.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

it's not income. it's the total value of goods and services produced. total output from the economy.

The distinction is confused because GDP per capita is commonly used as a proxy measure of prosperity of a country and it's people. It is easily taken to mean income per person but it is not. As above, it is total value of goods and services produced. i.e. in one year you managed to create $320,000 worth of stuff for sale per your calculation.

So next question I assume is why the hell did you not see $320,000 income last year? Taxes for one. Maybe there are more, but of the top of my head, taxes is the 1st thing that comes to mind.

Another probable question is why then don't they normally capture this per capita income figure? My guess is that gahmens like to keep you in the dark about how much money they take from you...:eek::eek: