• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Child out of wedlock question

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From my understanding a married man in Singapore cannot legally father a child with another woman other than his wife....ie birth cert of illegitimate child cannot bear the father's name. Is this correct? So birth cert of child the father's column will have to leave blank and child's surname to follow mother's?

Some countries like Thailand not have such restrictions.

Anyone with legal expertise can advise what are the potential issues both if put or omit the fatter's name in birth cert?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From my understanding a married man in Singapore cannot legally father a child with another woman other than his wife....ie birth cert of illegitimate child cannot bear the father's name. Is this correct? So birth cert of child the father's column will have to leave blank and child's surname to follow mother's?

Anyone with legal expertise can advise what are the potential issues both if put or omit the fatter's name in birth cert?

not sure if the law has changed,but my birth cert has my fathers name and that of his mistress, ie my biological / birth mother, even tho i was born while he was married to his lawful wife

where is this question coming from?

CJPau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ref from SGH website

"Surname of Child: Any surname of the child to be entered in respect of the registration of the child's birth shall be that of the child's father. In cases where the child is illegitimate and the father is not an informant of the birth, the surname, if any, shall be that of the child's mother. "

But child's father cannot run away from maintenance. However, when he kicks the bucket, it is up to him to apportion assets.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm not mistaken if a childs father who is not married to it's mom has to take an Oath at ICA to get a birth certificate with the father's name on it.

No big deal, just a piece of cheap laminated paper.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the child is born out of wedlock and the mother puts the biological father name,,wont the biological father have to pay child support? that means the woman can purposely get pregnant to get child support like in ang mor lands?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ref from SGH website

"Surname of Child: Any surname of the child to be entered in respect of the registration of the child's birth shall be that of the child's father. In cases where the child is illegitimate and the father is not an informant of the birth, the surname, if any, shall be that of the child's mother. "

is the child allowed to take on a surname that is not the father nor the mother ? will there be complications in future ?

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal

No such Sinkie law. You have been misinformed.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every child, legitimate or otherwise, came about because 2 persons were involved. It is therefore right that even an illegitimate child has both parent's names on the birth cert. Whether or not the married man will be charged for bigamy is a separate issue.

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there a time frame wjen a man divorced his wife and get marry again to a foreign woman?

Zikoman999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every child, legitimate or otherwise, came about because 2 persons were involved. It is therefore right that even an illegitimate child has both parent's names on the birth cert. Whether or not the married man will be charged for bigamy is a separate issue.

I know of people who does not have the father's name on their birth cert.....branded a bastard for life.
Now even hold customary wedding dinner also need to produce marriage cert as proof....unlike back then.

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't see an issue. All you can't do is marry another woman while married to another (unless Muslim).

Having your name in the BC should be fine but be prepared to pay maintenance until the kid grow up and the mother can ask for an increase whenever she feels like.

If your wife, finds out. She can ask for divorce based on adultery and you will pay another lump sum for maintenance to her and your other kids.

Good luck!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see an issue. All you can't do is marry another woman while married to another (unless Muslim).

Having your name in the BC should be fine but be prepared to pay maintenance until the kid grow up and the mother can ask for an increase whenever she feels like.

If your wife, finds out. She can ask for divorce based on adultery and you will pay another lump sum for maintenance to her and your other kids.

Good luck!
Wow headache leh....
Ok convert to Islam....problem solved.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Habis Sarong; besides getting HPV, now you haVe to raise someOne's kid too..better Let your your Cancers'
take their toLL asap..:cool:
Do PM me once your condition haVe worsened; as i may not into this Forum any LOnger..at Least i can sent you
a Pre-wreath maked out of Cow-grasses & weeds ...:biggrin: