• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam See Tong retiring n handing Potong Pasir to Desmond Lim

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it rather odd that we have people demanding that LTK put up his income for public view and insist he do even more than he could when PAP mps and ministers were paid millions and their actions and income were unmolested.

What I think is important is that LTK received his mandate from the people of Hougang.

Sure, any of us can campaign online against the WP and LTK just like we do for the PAP, provided if we are successful, he will not be voted out. But to me, at least he won without the gerrymandering that the PAP uses to win. On the contrary, he won against the gerrymandering and bribes offered to Hougang voters.

LTK has repeatedly challenged the PAP to draw Hougang into a GRC (common sense would place it in Aljunied GRC). The PAP refused to do so. I can see why. If Hougang's 63% were to be diluted into the 44% in Aljunied GRC and also given that 44% won't be 44% but higher since the voters in Aljunied GRC will be more confident of having an incumbent opposition MP helm the team, the WP would have won the GRC the last round in 2006.

If the PAP had the guts, they should absorb Hougang into Aljunied GRC in the next election.