• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheng Bok to run for President - MIWs Caught Off-guard?

jw5

Loyal
I like Tan Cheng Bok very much. I'm still suspicious though that he might be a PAPzi approved candidate. As such, I'm waiting to see if anyone else steps forward. Would Abdullah Tarmugi be on the slate? What about Tan Kin Lian? Or Zainul Abidin Rasheed? If TCB is returned unopposed, or if some weakling is put up against him, then it must surely be another whitewash.

It'll be quite easy to see if he is pap approved.
Just wait and see who are the other candidates.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal

After keleng pratashitdung it is time for Mat pakshitdung, cheena man stand please aside.

I remember seeing the good Dr Tan Cheng Bok cry baby on TV during the SARS period,
so I do not expect him to do anything brave as a Babashitdung of Sinkapoor.

Good luck to those who has faith in him

Ok I go to check. This guy got guts. He got speak up in Parliament against his own big bosses before. Voted against his own pappies in parliament even whrn party whip not lifted. Become the feedback unit boss and started pissing off ministars who refuse to respond to ground people. Get considered as one of the "trouble maker" MP and told to retire. His Ayer Rajah people love him like mad. He last time MP that time give free medical consultation one.

I think this one can believe. We wait and see he get dirt dig up on him or not.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This doctor and GCT very buddy-buddy. Maybe Lau Goh nudged TCB to consider running for Presidency? I am confident TCB will not be manipulated.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
This doctor and GCT very buddy-buddy. Maybe Lau Goh nudged TCB to consider running for Presidency? I am confident TCB will not be manipulated.

He is the Goh side candidate. The Lee side is recoiling in horror since it will be damm awkward for PAP endorse someone else.

We will be in for some interesting times if he wins. The Lee side control Parliament while Goh side controls the Presidency.

Also the elected President can do a lot more than just audit reserves.

He can also issue statements via the President's Office on just about anything he wishes. The office plus the moral authority TCB wields will make it hard for the PAP Parliament to ignore.

And this happens at a time when LKY's health is not good and was forced to depart the scene.

So is the stage set for Act 1 Scene 2. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Tan too old already where got fire to do this job, better elect Tan Kin Lian or Andrew Kuan.

Ok I go to check. This guy got guts. He got speak up in Parliament against his own big bosses before. Voted against his own pappies in parliament even whrn party whip not lifted. Become the feedback unit boss and started pissing off ministars who refuse to respond to ground people. Get considered as one of the "trouble maker" MP and told to retire. His Ayer Rajah people love him like mad. He last time MP that time give free medical consultation one.

I think this one can believe. We wait and see he get dirt dig up on him or not.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal

Or wait for Scroobal to come in and fill us with some other juicy insider stuff, if any. :biggrin:
I am also interested to know if the decision is his own or is it the idea of PAP HQ. If it is his own choice and does not have PAP backing and support, then it calls for the Hougang & Aljunied spirit again to create another major milestone in Singapore's political history, to help Dr Tan Cheng Bock be the next host of Istana. Compared to many of his colleagues in the party, he is still rather well-liked, like Lily Neo, whose words and actions stem from wanting to speak up for the people. They tried at least. Will he have the guts to finish what OTC tried and left behind. Even if he wants to, I'd rather he'd better not show it until after he got his seat. :smile:

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...... Will he have the guts to finish what OTC tried and left behind..........

It will be good if he can pick up from where OTC left behind and start asking questions about reserves,Temasek and GIC.
He says he wants to be a unifying force .If he stand and get elected, l hope he will remember what the people who vote for him wish for most fervently-
not be second class people in their own country .Why should foreigners from PRC,Philippines and India be given better treatment that locals?

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
DO not care who as long as he finished off what Ong asked, "how much are the reserves" and maybe commute a few death penalty cases. Also, adjust President's pay.

The Presidency should be more about the pomp and less about salary. So cap pay at S$1M max and throw in the Presidential RR and a few more honor guards.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
DO not care who as long as he finished off what Ong asked, "how much are the reserves" and maybe commute a few death penalty cases. Also, adjust President's pay.

The Presidency should be more about the pomp and less about salary. So cap pay at S$1M max and throw in the Presidential RR and a few more honor guards.

Let's learn from the Chinese, shall we? About time we make corruption, especially NEPOTISM, a crime punishable by death :mad:

Last edited:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well then we should ask the Presidential candidate what would he do as a President. As holder of the keys to the reserve, makes sense that he knows how much $$ there is. Take closer look at death sentence appeals and maybe open up Istana to the public more often. Maybe last Friday of every month unless there are official visitors. And even if there are official visits they could close off just certain segments of the Istana

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be good if he can pick up from where OTC left behind and start asking questions about reserves,Temasek and GIC.
He says he wants to be a unifying force .If he stand and get elected, l hope he will remember what the people who vote for him wish for most fervently-
not be second class people in their own country .Why should foreigners from PRC,Philippines and India be given better treatment that locals?

Later people will come up with "It will take 71 human years to audit the reserves."

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, I'm optimistic that TCB will make the presidency relevant once more. Finish the job OTC started

He is the Goh side candidate. The Lee side is recoiling in horror since it will be damm awkward for PAP endorse someone else.

We will be in for some interesting times if he wins. The Lee side control Parliament while Goh side controls the Presidency.

Also the elected President can do a lot more than just audit reserves.

He can also issue statements via the President's Office on just about anything he wishes. The office plus the moral authority TCB wields will make it hard for the PAP Parliament to ignore.

And this happens at a time when LKY's health is not good and was forced to depart the scene.

So is the stage set for Act 1 Scene 2. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: