• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen Show Mao

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although, in the old days, we have to serve 5 ICT (I served 3 ICT, and attended SATO, and therefore, short of 1 ICT), I believe that 30 years ago, there were not that many, like me, who left to work overseas.

However, I believe it is inappropriate (and no comparison) for any other individual to claim that being a medical doctor (and may be saving lives) is equivalent to serving NS. If that individual is an ordinary citizen, it may be OK to make that claim, but with respect, for a MP candidate or an MP to make such a claim, it clearly reflects his lack of respect for all of us who served 2.5 years NS, and reservist.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
just curious bro...why did u appear somewhat negative on CSM when he first came on the local political scene n what made u change yr mind?...

btw i too was v surprised to read such an article in ST...think patrick, han n warren now trying their best to demonstrate objectivity!!

Chen must be the key plank in recruiting capable people like him. Here is something else interesting to note. When an Opposition Party Leader was asked for an interview, he agreed to meet at the Fullerton.. CSM chose his council office and for the photoshoot the local hawker centre and with Ice Kachang to boot, a neutral and well loved dessert. This guy is sending all the right messages.

To top it all, his grasp of the issues was staggering.

I am still surprised that this article was written in this manner and passed the editors desk.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also felt tat CSM revealing the tragic death of his young daughter was pretty compelling stuff as well...has tat human touch...looks like CSM has both extremely high IQ n EQ/EI...

One of the most poetic & crystal piece of writing I am struck with coming from this kopitiam...

kudos kingrant, love yr use of 'abundance mentality' which sadly lots of cynics here from chaopappy to scroobal sadly yet understandly have become under the yoke of the party in white....

Seeing possibilities in spite of all the evil reports require a certain cause-driven consciousness.

Any can bitch, some even do so eloquently and caustically with wit to boot. But what next? More cursing & swearing of papzis/pappies/bastards etc etc...

Incidentally, Scroo, this place you called Braddell Brothel... Sigh, i have mixed feelings with this term since good men have walked down their corridors like Ken Kuek etc... I understand the revulsive contempt as well....

Suddenly i realized, with Chen Sow Mao's charisma, i won't be surprised sometimes even prostitutes fall into love helplessly with their clients .... With run-off-the-mill clients like ministars etc, once in a blue moon, a gem appears... Prostitutes occasionally have a heart you know, even if they prostitute for money in cowardice...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This is the para that irritated me the most. Did the ST ask the ministars this when they joined politics? Ridiculous.

bro,

ever noticed that the picture composition showed two aunties with the back of their heads sandwiching CSM :o:o:o

our suspicion may be right after all :p:p:p

jw5

Loyal
bro,

ever noticed that the picture composition showed two aunties with the back of their heads sandwiching CSM :o:o:o

our suspicion may be right after all :p:p:p

at first I thought they may be the chua sisters.
on closer look at the picture, the aunties look prettier.................. :p

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also felt tat CSM revealing the tragic death of his young daughter was pretty compelling stuff as well...has tat human touch...looks like CSM has both extremely high IQ n EQ/EI...

Cry about dead daughter also consider high EQ?
Looks more like opposition supporters faking orgasm about Chen.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kinana forgets the esteemed Patrick Tan who served NS in an air-conditioned lab while Chen Show Mao had to slug it out in the field.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

You served 3 ICT. Chen Show Man served none at all.
Service is a priviledge and not a sacrifice he said?
Don't listen to what people say, look at what they did.

You mean one should reject one of the most prestigious jobs in the world just so that he can remain in singapore to serve ICT a few weeks a year?
Or if one is overseas due to job employment, he would need to have an exit permit which means he won't be called up for ICT.
Are you a moron ?

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear, oh dear. Please do remember you do not represent the official viewpoint of the government nor the PAP. This is past the second time whereby a gentle reminder has been issued.
It is pity that you refuse to heed advice and while support for the government and PAP is much desired, association with people of radical behavior as a 1st world government like ours in Singapore, is not. Oh dear, dear, dear.

jw5

Loyal
Oh dear, oh dear. Please do remember you do not represent the official viewpoint of the government nor the PAP. This is past the second time whereby a gentle reminder has been issued.
It is pity that you refuse to heed advice and while support for the government and PAP is much desired, association with people of radical behavior as a 1st world government like ours in Singapore, is not. Oh dear, dear, dear.

He is Division II?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean one should reject one of the most prestigious jobs in the world just so that he can remain in singapore to serve ICT a few weeks a year?
Or if one is overseas due to job employment, he would need to have an exit permit which means he won't be called up for ICT.
Are you a moron ?

You mean service is not a priviledge but a sacrifice for chen show Mao?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
at least better than the taxpayer hving to foot the bill for an saf ceremonial gun carriage funeral procession for a person who never held public office whereas an ex president was denied even this let alone a state funeral...

btw am sure u were at the istana for this citizen(who never held public office) wake acting like the great apple polisher tat u r...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont talk so big lah kinana...i note the likes of the LHL n TCH were paid v nicely on taxpayerr's $$$ to do their "service" fm the v start even as students overseas...so dont come wif all this bs...

as for JP i recall he actually stated something along the lines of hving "served" the nation saving lives at KK as comparison of sorts for not hving done NS...wat bs...he was paid nicely as a medical practitioner plus was on a proper career path unlike conscripted ns men...bloody bs....

You mean service is not a priviledge but a sacrifice for chen show Mao?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont talk so big lah kinana...i note the likes of the LHL n TCH were paid v nicely on taxpayerr's $$$ to do their "service" fm the v start even as students overseas...so dont come wif all this bs...

as for JP i recall he actually stated something along the lines of hving "served" the nation saving lives at KK as comparison of sorts for not hving done NS...wat bs...he was paid nicely as a medical practitioner plus was on a proper career path unlike conscripted ns men...bloody bs....

Unlike LHL and TCH, Chen Show Mao earned his LTA rank by slugging it out. LHL got his BG rank because of his birth rite.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow looks like service is a burden n not a privileges to old apek Chen then.
Chen really like to talk big la