• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen Show Mao for Hougang, LTK for Aljunied or M-K GRC?

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I think this may happen.

On Nomination Day, Chen Show Mao takes over LTK's place in Hougang. After all, both are Chinese chauvinists, gets along with people.

Hougang will be in good hands with Chen Show Mao & though he has absolutely no political experience, his credentials are enough to wow the Hougang voters. The close link between LTK & Chen Show Mao has already been played out in the press, the 2 seen close together. Not sure how the Malays would react to Chen Show Mao though, I guess more or less the same way to LTK. Both their mannerisms are Chinamen type.

If LTK guns for a GRC, its either Aljunied or Moulmein Kallang. LTK probably sees more urgency now as he sees that his old friend Chiam See Tong is way ahead of him despite suffering a stroke & now afflicted with Parkinsons disease. Its now or never for LTK.

So what do you think?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I understand Sylvia Lim is like me, can speak English only. Good for GRC but unsuitable for SMC.

That cannot do i'm afraid, a future madam Prime Minister have to suck it up and learn to speak her mother tounge, even though it may sound awful to most ears :biggrin:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
The team I would like to see is :- LTK, CSM, SL, etc... together contesting Aljunied or Moulmein-Kallang GRC. Hopefully, their minority candidate is strong to carry them thru.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's no telling how the hammer party will be playing their cards for now, but if Low would handover his chair in hougang, i'd agree that Chen probably would be the choice. after all, the turf has been soften by Low, Chen will only have to continue the legacy.

as for the 3 other GRCs, Sylvia must live up to her words, to make a come back for the aljunied constituents since 2006. it was only a marginal defeat in 06 on her 1st attempt suggests that there is still a good chance for her.

as for moulmein-kallang (MK) and/or yishun (YS) GRC, Low being the veteran is going to have to lead the campaign at either 1. MK may have more seniors than YS, and if they choose to play their cards right, Low & Freida would be positioned for MK, while Gerald can lead the front in YS.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
That cannot do i'm afraid, a future madam Prime Minister have to suck it up and learn to speak her mother tounge, even though it may sound awful to most ears :biggrin:

I think she's learning it. At Serangoon Stadium 2006, she did manage to string together a few sentences in Chinese. But it was obvious it's not her mother tongue. The way she speaks English, English is her mother tongue, i.e. she grew up speaking English only. Some Chinese and Singlish vocabs are later add-ons. Other Chinese politcians who give me this impression are CSJ and CSC.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think she's learning it. At Serangoon Stadium 2006, she did manage to string together a few sentences in Chinese. But it was obvious it's not her mother tongue. The way she speaks English, English is her mother tongue, i.e. she grew up speaking English only. Some Chinese and Singlish vocabs are later add-ons. Other Chinese politcians who give me this impression are CSJ and CSC.

yes i remember that, she was not very comfortable nor convincing in mandarin. I remember vaugely she admitted she's not comfortable in mandarin or dialects on stage too

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CSJ can spout hokkien even.

jw5

Loyal

I don't agree, but this is just my personal opinion.
In fact, it could even be argued that she would made the ideal pm or president, since she is only fluent in a language that should be common to all races.
As long as she doesn't show any bias towards or against people who are fluent in any particular language, it shouldn't be a problem.

jw5

Loyal
CSJ can spout hokkien even.

Should not be surprising since his wife is taiwanese.
What I want to find out is how his mandarin is, since I've never heard him speak mandarin.
Does anyone have any videos of CSJ speaking mandarin?

Last edited:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
its only less than 24 hours that we shall know who is contesting against who and where. no need 2nd guessing unless theres a prize.

the PAP and WP will play cho tai di now. Who has the diamond 2?

hope to see at least 2 GRCs won by opposition party.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTK and CSM should team up with SL at Aljunied. If voters still reject them, they deserve the PAP to screw them 24/7/365 - front and back.

jw5

Loyal
LTK and CSM should team up with SL at Aljunied. If voters still reject them, they deserve the PAP to screw them 24/7/365 - front and back.

Personally, I don't really mind if LTK and CSM don't win.
LTK has been an MP for many years. This is CSM's first time, it might be interesting to see what he does if he loses. Will he presist?
But if Sylvia loses and she gives up, Singaporeans really deserve what's happening to and coming to them.
Continue eating your kaya toast and drinking your kopi you ignorant and apathetic uncles and aunties. :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But if Sylvia loses and she gives up, Singaporeans really deserve what's happening to and coming to them.

She won't give up. That's for sure. She will play a less active role, that's all. That's her current thinking. I heard this from her direct. Am praying hard her Aljunied team succeeds. She deserves to be an MP. Not NCMP.