• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chelsea axe Ancelotti

D

Dodomeki

Chelsea axe Ancelotti
23 May 2011

12427239730.jpg

Chelsea moved quickly to fire Carlo Ancelotti with the Italian manger dismissed just hours after the final game of the season.

The Blues were beaten 1-0 by 10-man Everton at Goodison Park on the final day of the Premier League, a result which capped off an altogether disappointing season for the reigning champions.

And clearly owner Roman Abramovich and the club's board held Ancelotti responsible for the poor results, with the Italian losing his job despite winning the Premier League-FA Cup double last season.

"Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Carlo Ancelotti parted company with the club today (Sunday, 22 May)," the club said in a statement on its website.

"The owner and board would like to thank Carlo for his contribution and achievements since taking over as manager in July 2009, which included winning the double for the first time in the club's history."

"However, this season's performances have fallen short of expectations and the club feels the time is right to make this change ahead of next season's preparations."

"Carlo will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge, where he will be given the reception and respect his position in our history deserves."

"Chelsea's long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged and we will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager."

Ancelotti appeared resigned to his fate when he addressed the media after Sunday's match, which was decide by Jermaine Beckford's senstaional solo-effort on 75 minutes.

"Maybe we will talk next week," the Italian said. "Now the club has finished the season they can judge my job and they will take a decision in one week. I have to wait and see what happens."

"I am now officially on holiday today but now I don't know how long I will be on that holiday."

"We would have liked to finish the season differently but unfortunately we didn’t have strong motivation today, even when we had one more player in the second half. We didn’t play well."

"It’s normal at the end of the season. We have struggled for motivation since the defeat to Manchester United. We worked really hard but then we lost the fight for the title so to maintain motivation is difficult."

Everton boss David Moyes, meanwhile, was delighted to end his season on a winning note and described Beckford's goal as the stuff of dreams.

"I was thinking to myself, 'Roy of the Rovers' lives on doesn't it?" Moyes said.

"It was the sort of thing you read about in magazines, get it in your own box, dribble past three players, get it up there, get a wee ricochet, 'keeper just gets his hands on it you can't tell if it's going in and it just goes in off the post."

"I thought it was a really good goal. I thought the whole performance epitomised Everton in a lot of ways today."

"I thought we played well with 11, I thought we did well with 10."

jw5

Loyal
Chelsea's new manager is younger than most of their players!!!! :o :biggrin: :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chelsea's new manager is younger than most of their players!!!! :o :biggrin: :biggrin:

I personally feel Ancelotti had done a good job at Stamford Bridge..

It will be interesting to see how the new manager cope with a boss like Abrahamovich...

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal

They call Andre Villas Boas "Mourinho 2.0". This guy was the tactical analyst for Mourinho but he doesn't play negative tactics that his ex-boss was criticized for. A man to watch!

D

Dodomeki

Chelsea close in on new coach

Chelsea, <abbr title="2011-06-20T13:41:01+00:00">13:41, June 20, 2011
</abbr>
andre-villas-boas-0fb4.jpg
<abbr title="2011-06-20T13:41:01+00:00">
</abbr>
Porto coach Andre Villas-Boas is on the verge of joining Chelsea as a replacement for sacked manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Villas-Boas, who was a member of Chelsea's coaching set-up under former boss Jose Mourinho, enjoyed a hugely successful season with Porto last term, winning the league and cup double in Portugal as well as the Europa League.

The 33-year-old has a release clause, understood to be around £13 million, in his contract which would enable him to complete the switch to Stamford Bridge.

However, Porto are insisting that they have not received an offer from Chelsea that would trigger his release.

Guus Hiddink has also been linked with a return to the Blues after a successful previous spell when he won the FA Cup as a caretaker manager in 2009.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
itz a big gamble. he is younger than most squad.
will the lao jiao listen loyalty to him?
he does not have much experience in managing.
wat we know is he won treble wif Porto and compare wif BPL, is tougher, more games to play.
rmb scolari?

i dun wish mid season, change manager again.:(
hope he can prove me wrong.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There must be continuity in Chelsea..

For me, Abrahamovich is the Biggest problem..

Keep on sacking managers every 2 years, will not help the team.
And its a major handicap for any manager to have the owner interfering in team tactics and players selections.

Mourinho was their best ever manager but he too was removed by this tyrant Russian.

But I guess being a Billionaire owner like Abrahamovich, you just have to face the reality that he got the right to do anything he want since he owns the club.

jw5

Loyal
itz a big gamble. he is younger than most squad.
will the lao jiao listen loyalty to him?
he does not have much experience in managing.
wat we know is he won treble wif Porto and compare wif BPL, is tougher, more games to play.
rmb scolari?

Don't forget his treble includes Europa league, not Champions League. :biggrin:

Lao jiao don't listen to him?
Don't worry, just get rid of the lao jiaos lah.
Sell Terry, Lumpar, Drogba, Sulky Anelki, bring in kids like Lukaku or whatever his name is and Neymar can already. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
new kids also need time to gel. Ancelotti i thot was one of the better manager for them.
aiya...that Abramovich wants a CL trophy lah...nxt season just win the CL for him, the mgr will have met his KPI...LOL

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sell Terry, Lumpar, Drogba, Sulky Anelki, bring in kids like Lukaku or whatever his name is and Neymar can already. :biggrin:
in fact, i do agree these players have to go. Drogba maybe still can stay cuz of the problems he can create on the oppo defence.
the rest can go, lumpar not creative, steal the role of striker. Anelka not deadly. Terry, he is only gd when there is sum1 beside him.
Cech also sell, so long liao still cant judge aerial ball properly.:(

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The permanent appointment of Dalglish as Liverpool manager was daft enough, Chelsea actually upped it to another level. :rolleyes:

The BPL trophy will stay in the city of Manchester come May 2012.
:biggrin:

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what the goddam shit , chelsea doing?
first i heard gus
then next this young unknown manager

i bet 10 dollars next season chelsea going down from top 4.