• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious CHEE BYE TAT also join in the Sylvia bashing.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is trying to score points after Grace Fu failed disgracefully .

If they really wanted an apology from SL, they should first answer her question of whether there is double standard in the house ? Someone from the PAP if not the PM himself must have the courage to stand up and clarify the statement made by PM at the closing of the Oxley debate. So far all those who stood up to speak against SL had not dealt on this point and miss the woods for the trees.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I don't understand is why in the first place the GST hike announcement is for something that is going to happen in 3 years time. The Budget is a yearly affair outlining the gahmen's spending and revenue for the forthcoming fiscal year.

Should this not be an announcement for Budget 2020? Maybe the gahmen should also consider giving the $300 hong bao in 2021 too?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I don't understand is why in the first place the GST hike announcement is for something that is going to happen in 3 years time. The Budget is a yearly affair outlining the gahmen's spending and revenue for the forthcoming fiscal year.

Should this not be an announcement for Budget 2020? Maybe the gahmen should also consider giving the $300 hong bao in 2021 too?
PM had already mentioned it at the recent PAP convention . Not to mention it at the Budget statement will be a surprise. And everyone will be quizzing HSK on what happened and the seeming disconnect. It will only add more to the ‘suspicion’.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ZomboMeme 08032018220734.jpg

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Perhaps it is just distraction. It doesn't take much brain cells to know that there is no need for apology. This ministers are not fools. They know they are behaving like fools. Just like during the oxely saga they need to be foolish.

We should spend our effort figuring out the real issue or purpose for this show.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps it is just distraction. It doesn't take much brain cells to know that there is no need for apology. This ministers are not fools. They know they are behaving like fools. Just like during the oxely saga they need to be foolish.

We should spend our effort figuring out the real issue or purpose for this show.

I totally agree...Heng should take another long MC.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say KNN if they are game enough they can do a challenge of infinite loop of asking say soli and replying no.
he say this reminds him of 1 case he saw in a hospital where the cashier ask for payment in cash/nets and the patient insisted to use medisave.
he say the conversation was repetitive so have to see whos saliva dry first.

cashier say soli sir you cannot use medisave for this treatment.
patient say i want to use medisave . medisave is my money
cashier say soli sir you can't
patient say i want to use my medisave
cashier say soli you cant
cashier say soli you can't
repeated for at least 20x.my uncle say he left and maybe goes on till hospital counter close.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the PAP read too much into SL query about the timing of the GST and concluded that she is alleging the G of being dishonest . Anything can be stretched to its extreme if it is not tempered with sanity and grace. The PAP needs to strike a balance. Telling SL that it is not so and clarifying the circumstances and happening will be sufficient to refute the WP . We are supposed to be a mature gracious society . If our G is not showing it, can you expect more from the citizens?

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say KNN if they are game enough they can do a challenge of infinite loop of asking say soli and replying no.
he say this reminds him of 1 case he saw in a hospital where the cashier ask for payment in cash/nets and the patient insisted to use medisave.
he say the conversation was repetitive so have to see whos saliva dry first.

cashier say soli sir you cannot use medisave for this treatment.
patient say i want to use medisave . medisave is my money
cashier say soli sir you can't
cashier say soli you cant
cashier say soli you can't
repeated for at least 20x.my uncle say he left and maybe goes on till hospital counter close.
my uncle also say for such incident if you keep your coolness and know your rights, the cashier cannot call mata or force you to pay becas the cashier or the mata also know medisave is indeed the patient money. he say although pap say cannot use but pap is using the hung method so my uncle say kudos to that patient.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Chee Hong has no originality. Jumping on the bandwagon to score some brownie points and making a mountain out of a cheebye hole! Rebuttal is fine but slamming and pouting self-righteous statement is not!

Balasingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the PAP read too much into SL query about the timing of the GST and concluded that she is alleging the G of being dishonest . Anything can be stretched to its extreme if it is not tempered with sanity and grace. The PAP needs to strike a balance. Telling SL that it is not so and clarifying the circumstances and happening will be sufficient to refute the WP . We are supposed to be a mature gracious society . If our G is not showing it, can you expect more from the citizens?
Well said, I agree absolutely.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is, in fact, how the MP system is meant to work. Those are the MP’s duties. That is one reason why Parliamentary Privilege exists. So that MPs who have heard troubling allegations or news, can make these allegations and raise the matters in the House even if they are not completely proven and may be defamatory, without fear of being sued for defamation. That is how Parliaments are supposed to function.

The above quoted from LHL closing speech in Parliament 4 July 2017 over the OR saga.....

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word"

What have I got to do to make you love me
What have I got to do to make you care
What do I do when lightning strikes me
And I wake to find that you're not there

What do I do to make you want me
What have I got to do to be heard
What do I say when it's all over
And sorry seems to be the hardest word