• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Cheap cheap phone

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can help recommend a simple cheap Android phone?

Budget $120-$160.

Old Peasant just need simple basic functions.
Talk, Sms and very most
download WhatsApp.
Thats all, no need top of the line camera lens, graphics,
games, etc.

Thank you very much.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Budget $120-$160.

Talk, Sms and very most
download WhatsApp.
games, etc.

Thank you very much.

You have to go to Little India and ask around at the ah neh phone shops. There is a row of ah neh phone shops at Race Course Road, near the Foochow Methodist Church.

All the prices are listed.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go for Redmi 7A. Fantastic phone to meet basic functions. Long battery life and solid voice quality. Less than $110. Naranjan Electronics. 158 Race Course Rd.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to go to Little India and ask around at the ah neh phone shops. There is a row of ah neh phone shops at Race Course Road, near the Foochow Methodist Church.

All the prices are listed.

Mustafa centre used to sell cheaper phone.
I saw many foreigners buy there

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Xiaomi handphones are cheap and good. can buy a Xiaomi 8a or 9a with local warranty 1 year at around $99 online from Lazada or Shopee on coming August 8-10. alternatively go community centre and ask about subsidised smartphone for seniors.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you very much for your prompt replies.
Very much appreciated.
Have a good week ahead.
Thanks again.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Xiaomi handphones are cheap and good. can buy a Xiaomi 8a or 9a with local warranty 1 year at around $99 online from Lazada or Shopee on coming August 8-10. alternatively go community centre and ask about subsidised smartphone for seniors.

Thanks very much.
I just phoned.
Advised go nearest CC to register,
attend half an hr course,
wait for Mda letter,
then go any Telco shop to purchase at
subsidised rate.

Last edited:

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those reading this,
pls note it is not automatic for senior citizens.

You have to be under COMCARE
to be eligible for the subsidised rates.

Cheers.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're buying a cheap phone, you don't need a bundle plan. You can just pick up any contract-free plan, they are cheap and have more than enough data for casual users.

People get bundle plans to subsidize their super expensive flagship phones. They get a nice discount if they sign a 2-year plan.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Budget $120-$160.

Talk, Sms and very most
download WhatsApp.
games, etc.

Thank you very much.
Bought this for myself and a relative.

https://m.aliexpress.com/store/v3/home.html?shopId=4665076&sellerId=234858389&pagePath=index.htm

This is the 3rd model I bought from this company. Cheap and good. Support 2 SIM + 1 microSD. It also supports almost all US carriers, great if you travel there often.

Last edited:

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
EVERYONE,
Once again, Many Thanks indeed to all your replies.
Thank you very much.

@blackmondy
can advise actual brand and model pls.
I clicked link but it can viewed only a small segment and I really cannot see the full page.
Thanks.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EVERYONE,
Once again, Many Thanks indeed to all your replies.
Thank you very much.

@blackmondy
can advise actual brand and model pls.
I clicked link but it can viewed only a small segment and I really cannot see the full page.
Thanks.
The model is Umidigi A7 Pro.
Forget to add this phone comes with Stock Android and doesn't have those shitty China bloatware like those you find in Huawei that cannot be deleted.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@laksaboy
@Balls2U
@CPTMiller
@Sideswipe
@sweetiepie
@blackmondy
@bushtucker

Hi Guys,
Need your help.
The subsidised phones offered are :
Oppo A12,
Huawei Y6S,
Samsung Galaxy A11

Appreciate if can advise which one is worth buying, in terms of reliability.
Many THANKS indeed.
No such thing as subsidized phones. The high costs is added into your subscription.
Just buy a cheap phone and non-contract phone plan.
Forget about reliability. With newer phones having glass back, the chances of breaking your phone is higher than before. On top of that, you're unlikely to use the same phone beyond 2 years.

Last edited: