• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chan Chun Sing , Vivian Balakrishnan, GCT & LKY

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With all these Indians flooding us, is it a good idea to think of an Indian PM?

No a bad idea.

May I propose Dr Manmohan Singh of India, as he is making way fro Sonia Gandhi's son Rahul.

Then there is Sammy Velu of Malaysia to consider. Poor bloke looks like being jobless right now.

As part of population increase with thousands of FT intakes up to 2030, get them on the boat now and they will qualify.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCS has so far been a major disappointment, he has become a butt of jokes, I think he epitomizes everyting that is wrong wit the pappy parachute scheme. In a word, he is an idiot.

VB: I think has blown his chances, his redemption lies in quitting the pappies, and yes its wishful thinking.

GCT: probably chuckling to himself, if he plays his cards right, diam diam, dont open mouth too much, he will spend his 'retirement' quite nicely

Harry: he is a spent force, his pappys and his nepotism is slowly unwinding, hope he lives long enuf for everything to go tits up.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCS has so far been a major disappointment, he has become a butt of jokes, I think he epitomizes everyting that is wrong wit the pappy parachute scheme. In a word, he is an idiot.

VB: I think has blown his chances, his redemption lies in quitting the pappies, and yes its wishful thinking.

GCT: probably chuckling to himself, if he plays his cards right, diam diam, dont open mouth too much, he will spend his 'retirement' quite nicely

Harry: he is a spent force, his pappys and his nepotism is slowly unwinding, hope he lives long enuf for everything to go tits up.

Vivian has been mutilated by the PAP. As I said, no more the ACSian and National Debater he was.

CCS makes GCT look good. CCS is probably the worst ever scholar general (LHL maybe not so bad). Ok fatty Ng Yat Chung comes close but Ng YC is not an MP (hopefully)

Harry: Did something. Ie, Darth Sidious

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, bad idea la,

the baiyee is ineffectual, the shit is ineffective.

want to make singapore more screwed up then it already is, no thanks lol

No a bad idea.

May I propose Dr Manmohan Singh of India, as he is making way fro Sonia Gandhi's son Rahul.

Then there is Sammy Velu of Malaysia to consider. Poor bloke looks like being jobless right now.

As part of population increase with thousands of FT intakes up to 2030, get them on the boat now and they will qualify.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
There seems to be a pattern of charlatan wonks casting aside their hypocrisy from time to time to start making veiled comments when it is rather safe to do so. Isnt he stating the obvious? Wisdom-wise, zero; PR wise, 6. We have no shortage of his ilk. This chap certainly knows which side of his bread the butter is on.

Spotted another in tdy's ST 1/2...Chan Heng Chee!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Profirio

I doubt they could do it and sound sincere, The elitist, top 1% earning mindset, immunizses them from a long of pain , middle and upper middle class professionals are feeling. PM says " follow me", " trust me " but I seriously doubt he has the same political capital as his father and that trust has frayed because the shared sense of community and nation has faded.

Locke

Khaw Boon Wan said as much yesterday...using his 'zen' like demeanour...using phrases like "so please don't worry" and "trust me"!...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even before the results were announced, LHL knew it was gone case. His intelligence outfit had submitted a report to him based on "Public Reaction" reports.

Actually just by reading msm in between the lines mid way thru the hustings u cld get a feel tat WP had a a pretty gd chance of winning...maybe not by the final margin but still a win...i recall the ST editorial contemplating a possible defeat for PAP being a dead giveaway tat all was not well in the PAP camp...this coupled by the fact tat reporters on the grd observed some PE residents not opening their doors for KPK...suggests tat msm knew things were going to be tight...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you believe that this attempt at "revealing" the plan is nothing but a sham to drive it through and implement it regardless of the ground sentiment?

To me the National Conversation 'adventure' is a typical PAP ruse...seen it all before, twice actually, where public fm various sectors of society contributed but end result...no proper fundamental change...just reports n appendices....

So yes i think PAP will want to implement this white paper...perhaps not by ramming it thru though, based on current ground sentiment dynamics...afterall PAP still needs to keep its eye on the next GE as well...

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, I meant to say that they probably don't have much influence. I'm not exactly sure that GCT and LHL really got along with each other, and have heard that there are two factions in the PAP centered around the two. My guess is that the retirement of a lot of the cabinet after 2011 reflects the declining influence of GCT. A GCT who was truly powerful would not have been saddled with a Tin Pei Ling. LKY seems to be fading away and getting senile. May not be in a position to do much. My feeling is that more and more, pinky's on his own and not only is he on his own, he has to navigate a very different landscape from the premierships of the other two.

I wld not be too sure of this...PAP seems to be quite similar to the CCP...look at Deng n now Jiang Zemin...discreet power play behind the curtains...how much, now tat is the question...

Wont read too much into TPL, becuz look at her now, appears to be quite popular wif her constituents...as for Harry fading away, i dont get tat impression...just yet at least...also notwithstanding his apparent parkinson's condition, i dont think he is getting senile either...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
They told us it would be five million. There were white papers everywhere in 2000. It was not a secret. The people of Singapore were silent about this, not understanding the implications. If there was a massive protest, it wouldn't have happened.

There prolly were white papers but i dont think the general public was given the lowdown nor the opportunity to voice its legitimate concerns..

actually Lim Swee Say said as much yesterday..."Just imagine if 10 years ago, we had a Singapore Conversation to talk about one day 10 years from then...population may reach 5.4 million, then start to put in place infrastructure, housing, MRT. Today, we will be much better off, isn't it?"...furthermore wif this type of shocking statement to try n absolve blame for the current mess think he sld be given the pink slip instead!...

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am expecting PAP to be sacked by us on 2016,now it looks it is impossible,PAP must go now,down with fucking PAP's stupid needs to have 8 million sardin fishes in this little island,their red dot,if they do not go,then we have to go,looks like PAP refuses to give an alternative.
人民行动党走(路)!打倒人民行动党!!!!!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlikely bro. The by-elections phenomenon or effect is a feature that works for the opposition. Singaporeans are not about to throw the baby out with the bathwater. The PAP is an effective (for want of a better term) govt but their arrogance and inability to listen to voters, and their deafness when it comes to Singaporeans vs the GDP figures are the current issues.

WP needs to ratchet up quickly in terms of offering a alternative govt. It need not be the PAP version where scholars and technocrats are required to lead. Good quality political leaders can manage a civil service full of scholars and technocrats. We have the best paid civil service in the world.

WP biggest challenge will start coming from PAP, if the latter starts mirroring the WP in terms of politics and the candidates that they select. Then you have good quality candidates with potential who were planning to join WP going towards PAP. Then you see voters going back to PAP. WP has to move fast.

I am expecting PAP to be sacked by us on 2016,now it looks it is impossible,PAP must go now,down with fucking PAP's stupid needs to have 8 million sardin fishes in this little island,their red dot,if they do not go,then we have to go,looks like PAP refuses to give an alternative.
人民行动党走(路)!打倒人民行动党!!!!!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point about TPL.

It appears the TPL approach is something that works. They are now having FMH and Baey follow the same route. These two will have compensation coming from friends of govt and GLC working short hours as advisors and consultants.

Baey went to the extent of taking photos at Tampines St 45, the scene of the sad event and the press was at hand to photopgraphing him.

The talk is TCB is going to play some part in his old stomping ground where FMH is and Baey is in the highly vulnerable Tampines GRC.

Wont read too much into TPL, becuz look at her now, appears to be quite popular wif her constituents...as for Harry fading away, i dont get tat impression...just yet at least...also notwithstanding his apparent parkinson's condition, i dont think he is getting senile either...

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlikely bro. The by-elections phenomenon or effect is a feature that works for the opposition. Singaporeans are not about to throw the baby out with the bathwater. The PAP is an effective (for want of a better term) govt but their arrogance and inability to listen to voters, and their deafness when it comes to Singaporeans vs the GDP figures are the current issues.

WP needs to ratchet up quickly in terms of offering a alternative govt. It need not be the PAP version where scholars and technocrats are required to lead. Good quality political leaders can manage a civil service full of scholars and technocrats. We have the best paid civil service in the world.

WP biggest challenge will start coming from PAP, if the latter starts mirroring the WP in terms of politics and the candidates that they select. Then you have good quality candidates with potential who were planning to join WP going towards PAP. Then you see voters going back to PAP. WP has to move fast.

Yes WP has to move fast. They do have some resources to figure out alternative and possibly better policies. But they aren't. Most of their 2011 Manifesto issues are ignored or too general.