• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Chan Chun Sing says leaked audio clips taken out of context; being circulated online 'with ill-intent'

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The People’s Action Party’s (PAP) Chan Chun Sing said on Wednesday (Jul 8) that leaked audio clips of a conversation in which he is speaking are being circulated with "ill-intent".

Mr Chan said the clips are "truncated" and "taken out of context".

In a Facebook post, Mr Chan said the conversation took place in early 2019, in the wake of Malaysia imposing a restricted flying zone north of Singapore's Seletar Airport.

Mr Chan is contesting this year's General Election as a candidate in Tanjong Pagar GRC. Wednesday is the final day of campaigning, with voters heading to the polls on Friday.

“The timing of the release today is surely not coincidental,” Mr Chan said. "I am aware of three parts being circulated."

In the first part, Mr Chan said he “explained the implications of Malaysia restricting airspace access north of Seletar Airport”.

Advertisement

“There were grave implications to the safety of our flights in and out of Seletar.

“There were also grave implications to our lifelines when the approaches to our airports or seaports were restricted,” he said.

The second part, he said, involved “deeper forces behind the various issues”.

“I explained the deeper forces behind the various issues and that it was not personality-dependent, even though many thought it was so.

“If it was so, the issue would blow away when personalities changed.

“But we should not be under any illusion that it was such. And we must be prepared to deal with such bilateral issues beyond specific personalities.”

In the last part, Mr Chan said he was warning people against being complacent and thinking a crisis would help the PAP secure votes during an election.

In one of the audio clips circulated, Mr Chan is apparently heard talking about voting behaviour in previous general elections and how crises "save us", in an apparent reference to the PAP.

He said in his Facebook post on Wednesday: "It may be true that historically during crises, there may be a flight to quality and stability.

“But we must never take it for granted. In fact, we must work hard to serve our people, take care of them and not depend on a crisis to secure the votes.”

He ended his post by saying that winning an election “has nothing to do with the 9-day campaigning. It has to do with the hard work over the previous many years.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...han-chun-sing-addresses-leaked-audio-12913348

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's war, of course there was ill intent. :cool:

Also, everything is 'taken out of context' when these scumbags get exposed. And their 158th doggies will rush to do damage control. :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's war, of course there was ill intent. :cool:

Also, everything is 'taken out of context' when these scumbags get exposed. And their 158th doggies will rush to do damage control. :wink:

Bugger thinks we are fools. Time for him to FO and land a job in S’pore’s biggest charity - Temasek.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB kia , think we stupid , call us idiots still try yo snake away , really think sinkies are dumb , maybe the 70% ste dumb but not me, knn

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
General Chan is my MP in Tg Pagar GRC, I always trust in him because he wears a simple Casio watch which I saw with my own eyes in a hawker centre when his assistants bought simple coffee and makan for him. This show he is very humble, simple and straightforward. Potential PM material. I am so proud to be a Tanjong Pagar GRC resident.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
General Chan is my MP in Tg Pagar GRC, I always trust in him because he wears a simple Casio watch which I saw with my own eyes in a hawker centre when his assistants bought simple coffee and makan for him. This show he is very humble, simple and straightforward. Potential PM material. I am so proud to be a Tanjong Pagar GRC resident.

Indeed, great men wear a humble wrist watch. Only clowns wear Rolex and worse, smartwatches. :biggrin:

RomanAmbramovich1.jpg

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCS thought that he is of LKY standard or standard. But people with LKY quality and his stance may not able to survive as a opposition if he a politician now.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No one is more respectful towards Ah Gong than Bro Chun Sing. Our shrine in Tanjong Pagar will be safe as long as Bro Chun Sing guards it personally.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is good for u is good for you.

Bugger thinks we are fools. Time for him to FO and land a job in S’pore’s biggest charity - Temasek.