• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chan Chun Sing had divorced parents!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Irrelevant because all that is needed is the swing vote. There is a 30% block of die hard opposition - those that miss the Singapore Dream (afterall our system does not allow for second chances). So you just need that 21% to win.

Just like 1st world nations, the concerns of society shift from bread and butter issues. You see people with concerns from gay rights, animal rights, env concerns, free speech, transparency (one of the rough metrics to gauge if a society is 1st world is the number of pet supply stores), social safety nets, low cost healthcare, class ratios and numerous other issues. This segment is well educated, young and therefore not concerned with bread and butter issues.

So the old methods of providing basic bread and butter (carrot) with a huge stick (incarceration) no longer works.

When facebook came out many raised issues about privacy. But when the users were interviewed, many were none too concerned with this lack of privacy. They were perfectly fine with sharing their detail and friends and friends of friends. My point here is that this new generation has no concept or fear of big brother looking at them. With facebook and twitter they can easily organize against any party attacking their pet issue.

Just look at VB's attempt with the gay issue during GE. I suspect that the response against him came at all levels. Gay rights groups from within Singapore, those from overseas and likely even response from overseas Gov.

And you may be surprised with the response from those within the bungalows. All it takes is a son/daughter/nephew/niece who is gay and suddenly you have a family becoming very sensitive about gay issues.

This is a new world we are in.

I agree. No point to harp on this issue as divorces in Singapore is getting very common and absolutely no reason why being a child from a broken family is considered as a reflection on him. Children from such unhappy marriages should not be faulted and in fact should be lauded for making good.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Chan Chun Sing has divorced parents!

pls lah .... leave his parents out ... not so fair mah
let's talk abt "d kee-chiu" man himself

well it's just some info about him. parents afterall shape the child.

if you search the ST archive there are some more articles mentioning his name

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
As much as i dislike his aura for being hmn....lao lan (kinda looking at him via tinted glasses), but in no way should he be penalized on this fact. This is wrong.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got this in my email...the nepotism gets thicker!

Thot the originator got it wrong..that makes LKY his uncle, and he LKY's nephew, isnt it? Not grandfather-in-law lah!

Monica Lee Kim Mon who is sister of LKY is mother of Paper General , Paper
General Chan Chun Sing.
Monica Lee Kim Mon is married to Chan Chee Chiu. The couple named above
bought a unit at Scots 28 also......(Remember HPL saga?)
http://www.tangtalk.com/hplchart2.html
Which means LKY is the grandfather-in-law of Gen Chan. TP GRC
somemore to ensure safe passage.
No wonder he is the human walking stick for Old Fart. That explains.
Singapore-style meritocracy at work again.
And the famiLee and PAP kept silent about this.
It is only a matter of time before Chan "Keechiu" (Hokkien for 'raise your hands' in his introductory speech in public, remember?) becomes Home Affairs
Minister, and control the internal affairs (police, internal security) for
the next emperor of the familee dynasty.
Chan Chun Sing <http://www.facebook.com/ChanChunSing.SG>
Yes, I was at the funeral. The Army under my charge was tasked to support
the gun carriage procession in honour of the late Mdm Kwa Geok Choo. Hence,
I was there with my men.
I am related to the Lee family as much as I am relat...ed to all
Singaporeans... as fellow Singaporeans. Or as someone cheekily told me, that
if one believes in evolution, then we all - regardless of race, language and
religion - came from the same ancestor.
I didn't answer an earlier post on this because I don't think we shld be
disrespectful by politicising a funeral.
http://www.facebook.com/ChanChunSing.SG#!/photo.php?fbid=1523883835739&set=o
.175816112470380&type=1&theater <http://www.facebook.com/ChanChunSing.SG>
-------------------------------

I sense that he is beating around the bushes.

Last edited:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The illegitimate son of one Singapore's favourite Chinese comedy is also in ISD. Grew up with Mum and they kept to themselves.

Hmmm sounds like some one I might know but that one was from SID and his old man after retirement operated a chicken rice stall at Serangoon. He kept such a low profile about his background that it literally shocked us when we found out who his father was.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I had a chance to speak to someone from the same batch of RJ students which produced the scholars who featured prominently this election. Apparently Chan chun sing was a quiet figure who didn't stand out. Reading his background in your link, i think the reason is obvious.

Ben pwee, on the other hand, was a teachers' pet and popular kid. Was told he was a goody two shoes and quite devoted to church.

CCS was outstanding academically. He was one of the top if not the top student in the O levels in RI and continued to excel academically after that.
Other than that, he was prominent in the scouts group. No notable achievements in sports, debate, etc.

Ben Pwee was one year CCS's senior, not same batch.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCS was outstanding academically. He was one of the top if not the top student in the O levels in RI and continued to excel academically after that.
Other than that, he was prominent in the scouts group. No notable achievements in sports, debate, etc.

Ben Pwee was one year CCS's senior, not same batch.

He shows no characteristics of a Scout now.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Got this in my email...the nepotism gets thicker!

Thot the originator got it wrong..that makes LKY his uncle, and he LKY's nephew, isnt it? Not grandfather-in-law lah!

Monica Lee Kim Mon who is sister of LKY is mother of Paper General , Paper
General Chan Chun Sing.
Monica Lee Kim Mon is married to Chan Chee Chiu. The couple named above
bought a unit at Scots 28 also......(Remember HPL saga?)
QUOTE]

Chan Chee Chiu is not the husband of Monica Lee. If I am not mistaken, he is the son of Monica Lee. He bears a striking resemblance to Lee Wei Ling. Boston U grad. Therefore, I do not believe that he is related whatsoever to Chan Chun Sing. It is said that CCS's mother worked as a machine operator. Hardly the type of woman that a Lee relative would marry.

Last edited:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I admire this poor boy's fighting spirit. I guess many of us will never understand how he felt when he was young, how his circumstances were and how he literally pulled himself up from the dumps to where he is now, PAP bootlicking notwithstanding.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It still doesn't explain why he was at the funeral while the other service chiefs weren't (esp he was only COA and not CDF)

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It still doesn't explain why he was at the funeral while the other service chiefs weren't (esp he was only COA and not CDF)

The you have to ask why Bob Sim Kheng Hwee aka leetahbar used his 3WhiteTiger nick to post a champagne popping image in the thread announcing the demise of Goh Meng Seng's brother despite the fact that he was his only pal in sammyboy and Bob had been humping Goh's leg perpetually.

What do you not understand about the term Por Lumpar?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The you have to ask why Bob Sim Kheng Hwee aka leetahbar used his 3WhiteTiger nick to post a champagne popping image in the thread announcing the demise of Goh Meng Seng's brother despite the fact that he was his only pal in sammyboy and Bob had been humping Goh's leg perpetually.

What do you not understand about the term Por Lumpar?

I understand that term but he was too close for comfort

If he's that sort of boot-licker, why wasn't he given bigger jobs like MFA ?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does Chan have a history of torturing small animals as a kid? A tell-tale sign of a psychopath killer.