• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Challenge to ST journalist: pls swim across Johor Straits to prove your point!!

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The state media has been busy manufacturing myths to cover up for the gross negligence, ineptitude and incompetence of the Home Team with the revelation that Mas Selamat manage to make his escape by swimming across the Straits of Johor.

We are made the laughing stock of the world again by allowing a crippled terrorist who is not a known good swimmer to swim across the Straits of Johor whether in broad daylight or in the middle of the night completely UNDETECTED.

For the past 14 months, nobody from the Home Team was aware of the fact that Mas Selamat had swam across to Johor. In fact at one point in time, Wong Kan Seng was adamant that Mas Selamat was hiding somewhere on the island.

Now that the embarrassing details of Mas Selamat’s great “swim” was made public by the Malaysian authorities, the Signapore media is spinning lies after lies to distort the truth in order to save face for the beleaguered Home Team.

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=9155

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who was the one who say its only about 20 laps of the pool and any schoolboys can do that. I am a strong swimmer before. Swimming in the pool is not the same as in the sea.
Bring on the schoolboys and show us and I must say only those who represent school in simming will make it and able to do 30 laps in less that 25 minutes.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
State media spinning tales to cover up for Home Team’s negligence in allowing Mas Selamat to swim across to Johor
May 10, 2009 by admin

Filed under Top Story
Leave a comment
By Eugene Yeo with input from the Field Report Team

The state media has been busy manufacturing myths to cover up for the gross negligence, ineptitude and incompetence of the Home Team with the revelation that Mas Selamat manage to make his escape by swimming across the Straits of Johor.

We are made the laughing stock of the world again by allowing a crippled terrorist who is not a known good swimmer to swim across the Straits of Johor whether in broad daylight or in the middle of the night completely UNDETECTED.

For the past 14 months, nobody from the Home Team was aware of the fact that Mas Selamat had swam across to Johor. In fact at one point in time, Wong Kan Seng was adamant that Mas Selamat was hiding somewhere on the island.

Now that the embarrassing details of Mas Selamat’s great “swim” was made public by the Malaysian authorities, the Signapore media is spinning lies after lies to distort the truth in order to save face for the beleaguered Home Team.

#Myth 1: Singapore is a small country with a long porous coastline which makes it difficult to patrol

This myth is perpetuated none other than Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng who seriously need to be given revision lessons on elementary geography again.

In an interview with the Straits Times, he said:

“Singapore is a small country. It has a long coastline. It is porous, and it’s easy for people and for goods to be brought in or even to leave Singapore.” (read article here)

According to Wikipedia, Singapore has a coastline of only 196km and is ranked 143rd amongst 195 countries by length of coastline. (source: Wikipedia) In contrast, Malaysia has a coastline of 4,675km and Indonesia, 54,176km.

If the Home Team had foreseen the possibility of Mas Selamat swimming across the Straits of Johor, they could have pre-empted it easily.

The police have said that Singapore’s sea border is porous with ‘multiple landing spots’. Secluded spots include Sarimbun Ramp, Lim Chu Kang, Kranji, Admiralty Road West and Senoko. (read article here)

The northern coastline of Singapore is only 40 - 50km. The Home Team could easily deployed manpower to guard at each of these secluded landing spots to prevent Mas Selamat from escaping.

Admiralty Road West, a road near the Senoko Fishing Port and the Senoko Power Station, lies between two jetties which are off limits to the public. It is the area Mas Selamat Kastari most likely set off from soon after his escape in February last year. (read article here)

Our field report team has scoured the entire Admiralty Road West and found only one landing point along the coast which Mas Selamat could possibly set off from to make his swim across the Straits of Johor and it is completely unguarded.

[We will be publishing an exclusive report on this tomorrow]

#Myth 2: Anybody can swim across the Straits of Johor

This is the second fallacy which the state media has been trying hard to propagate, that it is easy for a 47 year old man with a limp to swim across the narrow Straits of Johor with the help of a flotation device, not withstanding the fact that he is a poor swimmer.

If it had been so easy to swim across the Johor Straits, why didn’t the Home Team deploy more coast guards to patrol the straits and landing points in the first place?

A convicted Singaporean terrorist who knew Mas Selamat Kastari from the days when both were on the run said yesterday that the Jemaah Islamiah (JI) leader was a ‘bad swimmer’. ‘I know this because we went swimming together while on the run in Bali. He can’t swim more than 1km of the strait without some help.’ (read article here)

The Sunday Times is so desperate to prove this point that they even rope in an anonymous ”maritime expert” to corroborate their claims:

“Referring to his navigation charts, the maritime expert said that the 1.1km waterway reaches a depth of about four HDB storeys. It has a m&d and sand base and is not rocky. ‘Although deep, it does not impede swimming. It’s only about 20 laps in a pool and any schoolboy can do that,’ he said. With a floating device, Mas Selamat could have easily drifted to Malaysia’s shore without even having to swim. His bad leg would not have slowed him down.” (read article here)

The journalists also visited Stulang in Johor and found people swimming and picnicking on the rocky, algae-covered shore. Some swimmers had even brought their own ‘improvised flotation devices’ - styrofoam boxes and vehicle tyres. Beachgoers and seaside vendors said it would not be difficult to cross the strait but for the regular police patrol boats on both sides. (read article here)

We would like to challenge the maritime expert and the journalists to prove their hypothesis right by swimming across the Straits of Johor.

Below is a photo of the Straits of Johor taken from the landing point where Mas Selamat had set off from:

As we can see for ourselves, though the Straits is narrow, it is not a swimming pool. The currents are strong and it will not be easy even for an experienced swimmer to swim across.

Mas Selamat would be easily spotted had he tried swimming across during the day and so he would most likely make his attempt at night.

A poor swimmer with a bad leg swimming in the dark without any light would probably take quite a while to get across to the other shore.

By then the alert for Mas Selamat had been sounded and the coast guard would have increased their patrol along the straits. How could Mas Selamat possibly have given them the slip?

#Myth 3: ISD provides the crucial lead which enabled the Malaysian Special Branch to capture Mas Selamat

This is utter rubbish! Nothing is further from the truth. If this is indeed so, the efforts of ISD would be acknowledged by the Malaysian authorities.

Instead, the Malaysian Home Affairs Minister Datuk Hishamudin Hussien attributed Mas Selamat’s capture to the assistance given by the Indonesian authorities:

“Our ties with Indonesia are very strong and without Indonesia’s cooperation, I do not think we were able to make the arrest after his escape from Singapore.” [source: NST]

It is quite obvious from the above statement that the crucial lead was provided by Indonesia and not Singapore as loudly proclaimed by the Straits Times.

The state media’s disgusting attempts to deceive, mislead and confuse Singaporeans over the escape of Mas Selamat in order to obsfuscate the matter so as to protect the Singapore Home Team from shame has failed miserably!

Contrary to what some ball-carriers had written to the Straits Times Forum praising Wong Kan Seng and the Home Team for the arrest of Mas Selamat, they deserved absolutely NO CREDIT at all!

Not only do they deserve no accolades, they should be reprimanded for the lapse of security which allowed Mas Selamat to escape first from WDC and then against all odds from Singapore by swimming across the Straits of Johor.

The Minister of Home Affairs, the Head of ICA and the Chief of the Police Coast Guard must be held accountable for Mas Selamat’s swim across the Johor Straits to Malaysia which is entirely preventable had they been more vigilant and alert.

We had frittered away countless precious resources, time and energy, not to mention the inconvenience caused to ordinary Singaporeans as a result of their gross negligence, incompetence and ineptitude.

An independent commission of inquiry must be convened immediately to investigate the matter and all the three top honchos of the Home Affairs Ministry should resign to answer for their juvenile mistakes!

Is this what we expect from a self-proclaimed first world government? Where is the accountability and where is the transparency?

Stop hiding behind the media to exonerate yourselves from any blame. The people have eyes to see for themselves! This is the type of performance we get for paying our ministers the highest salaries in the world. Is this acceptable?

Unlike Malaysia and Indonesia, Singapore is only a small little dot. Our Home Team is well-equipped, staffed and financed. There is no excuse for letting Mas Selamat swim across the Straits of Johor without anybody realizing it for the last 14 months.

Who should be held responsible for this fracas? Who has been complacent? Can we trust these people not to repeat the same mistakes again when they are simply swept under the carpet?

Singaporeans must stay vigilant constantly to expose the deficiencies within the government and the blatant lies sprouted daily by the state media. Don’t forget we are the ones paying their bloated salaries and we are definitely not getting our value for the money.

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
It must be nice to be a minister - take credit for other people's success and do not take blame for failures

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think he could have swam across with all the infrared red detectors. Unless his fellow mat friends looked the other way. He must have hopped on bus 170 while they are searching under the beds. They cannot risk another Mr Took Leng How scandal.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
When i see this report , it make me really lost confident in ST.

1st, u ask a NON SWIMMER ( adult ) to swim for 1km at sea ..... i think only a well train swimmer can do that easily ......

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
95y8pk.jpg

Count me in...

papa san

Alfrescian
Loyal
It must be nice to be a minister - take credit for other people's success and do not take blame for failures

More accurately ....for these ppl is to take credit that definitely do NOT belong to them, and to sacrifice the heads of their subordinates when things go WRONG.

We've seen these happening oredi....... as clear as a clear sky after a heavy downpour. LOL

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I humbly suggest the following persons (WKS, his head of ISD and the Commissioner of Police, ST reporter Eugene Yeo, the maritime experts he consulted) should use their own improvised flotation devices and swim across the Straits at night to prove their point. They should also simulate a bad leg like mat selamat who walks with a limp. If they can do it, then there may be some truth to it that mat escaped via this route i.e. swimming across the Straits when there is police coast guard patrolling and also other security devices to detect illegal immigrants. Personally, I think he must have been helped by someone who smuggled him into JB very quickly after his escape from Alcatraz. haha!:o

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please folks, Mas Selamat was not detected by Sinkee effective coast guards because he swam under the water throughout the journey. Yes, you heard it right. So stop blaming Sinkee effective home guards.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i enjoy watching how 154 always cook rubbish to cover immortals ass...i find it very entertaining.....

Serious i like to see how low will they stoop and insult our intelligence

marther farkers damn amusing!!!

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, according to this thread, it seems as though for journalists to report on politics, they have to be a politician, or to report on football, they have to be a footballer, or to report on prostitution, they have to be a streetwalker...

Why not you guys try to swim across in a manner befitting how you think MSK would have done, fail and die, and then prove your point in your last letter?

MSK was a cornered dog, it's literally swim or sink for him, and people in those remarkable circumstances find tremendous reserves of ingenuity, willpower, and strength. I won't be surprised if he made it across without harm.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
WSK dont give a damn on what is the truth.
He will still be laughing to the bank every month.
But off course he have to make some stories to satisfy international attention.
That is why we have all the myth.
Life goes on for him at least.

I humbly suggest the following persons (WKS, his head of ISD and the Commissioner of Police, ST reporter Eugene Yeo, the maritime experts he consulted) should use their own improvised flotation devices and swim across the Straits at night to prove their point. They should also simulate a bad leg like mat selamat who walks with a limp. If they can do it, then there may be some truth to it that mat escaped via this route i.e. swimming across the Straits when there is police coast guard patrolling and also other security devices to detect illegal immigrants. Personally, I think he must have been helped by someone who smuggled him into JB very quickly after his escape from Alcatraz. haha!:o

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had this idea of drug runners using the Johore Straits to smuggle their dope over to this island, via remote control toy boats.

Under the cover of night, from the Johore side, they launch their RC toys, loaded with a small stash of dope and send it over to the pickup point where drug runners will pick it up.

Quite an idea to beat the securities watching the coastlines...

Dunno if it is true...

:biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who was the one who say its only about 20 laps of the pool and any schoolboys can do that. I am a strong swimmer before. Swimming in the pool is not the same as in the sea.
Bring on the schoolboys and show us and I must say only those who represent school in simming will make it and able to do 30 laps in less that 25 minutes.

That maritime expert who say this must be another PAP idiot. Maybe a a well trained schoolboy can manage it but for mas selamat at 40+ and with no physical conditioning I think it is impossible. Maybe Wong Kan Seng can do it.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal

Before that, I think since Mas Selamat claimed that he had swam across with an improvised flotation, he should re-enact the whole incident again to prove that he is telling the truth....

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think he could have swam across with all the infrared red detectors. Unless his fellow mat friends looked the other way. He must have hopped on bus 170 while they are searching under the beds. They cannot risk another Mr Took Leng How scandal.

This is something that we cannot discount or disprove, when religion is involve, we will have sympathizer, all they need to do is look the other way, his inaction is enough to help MSK escape.

WKS don't have the capability or guts to go into this scenario, therefore I we can presume, sleeper cell in SG could possibly be within the Home Team.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I think he must have been helped by someone who smuggled him into JB very quickly after his escape from Alcatraz. haha!:o

definitely smuggled by someone ... else how he got from whitley rd to admiralty west ? he got his ez-link card with him meh ?

and all those nonsense abt clambering out of a toilet window & balancing on the fence like a neighbourhood cat ... only a kid would believe such stories ... the rest of us are not born yesterday ...

ST has lost its credibility ...:eek: