• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Chain collision involving more than 10 vehicles on KPE -6 Oct 2017

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

SINGAPORE - A pile-up of more than 10 vehicles happened on the rightmost lane of the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) on Friday (Oct 6) morning.

In a video sent by a reader of The Straits Times, multiple vehicles could be seen lining the rightmost lane of the road, stuck bonnet to boot.

Two ambulances could be seen parked at the front of the line.

The Land Transport Authority posted on Twitter at 9.38am about an accident in the direction of East Coast Parkway, before the Tampines Road exit.

It advised motorists to avoid Lane 1.

The Straits Times has contacted the police and the Singapore Civil Defence Force for more information.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
These nose to tail pile up invariably happen in the right most lane which is supposed to be used for overtaking only.

There is a simple solution to avoid being caught up in one these pile ups and that is to stick to the centre lane. Accidents hardly ever occur there.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
There is a simple solution to avoid being caught up in one these pile ups and that is to stick to the centre lane. Accidents hardly ever occur there.

I keep to the left most lane most of the time, why the rush? o_Oo_Oo_O

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I keep to the left most lane most of the time, why the rush? o_Oo_Oo_O

The left most lane is complicated because you have cars merging and leaving the motorway plus the heavy vehicles that hold up everyone except themselves.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The left most lane is complicated because you have cars merging and leaving the motorway plus the heavy vehicles that hold up everyone except themselves.

Agree it's more complicated, I make it less stressful going with the flow- they wanna merge in, I'll let them if I'm behind them and speed up if they're behind me when merging. Keeps the mind active on the go :wink::wink::wink:

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
These nose to tail pile up invariably happen in the right most lane which is supposed to be used for overtaking only.

If you have idiot drivers tailgating, any lane is not safe.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I always drive a kiasu distant away from the car in front, told my maid to do likewise but she seems to drive too close each time.

Anyway just passed by this a few minutes ago

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I stick to the middle lane, but will change lanes to overtake a slower vehicle. Then return to the middle lane. I have concluded that most sinkies are lousy drivers, hence I keep my distance and hope the guy behind does the same.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not here, in Singapore...you will find slow poke Rodriguez on the middle & the fast lane & F1 drivers on the slow lane...

You get, brake & stop drivers on the expressway on any lanes...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Not here, in Singapore...you will find slow poke Rodriguez on the middle & the fast lane & F1 drivers on the slow lane...

The stats don't lie. Do a survey of how many pile ups happen in the fast lane compared to the others.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes sinkies are Fucked up Drivers.
They spent a Bomb on their rides....so they think they are king of the roads.
Road hoggers outermost lane driving at below 80km/h because they say it’s the speed limit

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
collisions and pile ups almost everyday
all sorts of silly reckless moron drivers
they should all have their licences suspended
knn damned risk to every driver
I take the outer lane also kana
I take the middle lane also kana
I take the left lane also kana
I take the pedestrian lane walking also kana
bloody stoopid drivers
rude uncounth samseng drivers!!!
Singapore is a mad place now full of gangsters and thugs
and samsengs on the road - anyhow drive and anyhow knock
anyhow cause injuries and deaths - all should be suspended

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Road hoggers outermost lane driving at below 80km/h because they say it’s the speed limit

If only the LTA fine the road hoggers... lane 1 strictly for overtaking. Any violations fine SGD$500.00 for every metre caught hogging. Got GPS right? Ho seh liao!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slow or fast ones nvm. Only bth those indecisive drivers..

Keep 2-3 sec rule, sure bo tai chi.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA is going to start an average speed limit thingy to replace speed cans.
Lamppost to lamppost using ERP unit. If you travel between a specific distance in too short a time it means your average speed exceeded speed limit and you’re fucked.
Many now speed and then slow down just before speed cams to pass....so this will be the new counter measure. So in future all will be uniform speed slow pokes on the roads