• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Centralised FT bashing!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Let it all out here! Save the FTs the trouble of searching the web to find out what sinkies think of them. All they need to do is come here to read the latest. :biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally think they are all right. I have met and worked with quite a few FTs. They are friendly and humble.

I am more concerned about Ah Ter, Ah Kau, Ah Tiong, Ahmad, Ali, Abisit coming to Singapore to open a kway chap stall or a provision shop and kaopeh about not being able to get cheap labour. These fuckers can fark off if they think doing business is leveraging off cheap labour.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks a million Bro. You read our minds. Its takes an ex-singaporean Aussie, domiciled in New Zealand and working his guts out in London to feel the pulse of this nation.

Kudos to Kojakbt to be resolute in his cause.

Let it all out here! Save the FTs the trouble of searching the web to find out what sinkies think of them. All they need to do is come here to read the latest. :biggrin:

boundThunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hatred Promotion Is So...Unconscionable

When I lost, I didn't lose the lessons...I was down but I wasn't out

With regrets of yesterday and worries of tomorrow, how could I be happy ?

I am happier today...Because I am laughing, giving and forgiving...

For every minute I was angry with someone or some things, I lose a minute of happiness that I could never get back.

The choice I made today will affect my tomorrows...

Therefore, I am following these 3 R's :

Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsible for all my actions.

To get out of difficulty, one must always go through IT but don't let hatred dictate your paths.

unfairness

Dear Sam... good that you start this section and enable me to voice out my concerns.

Also good that you give us a chance to speak our minds without having to worry. Ref your email to me. :smile:

I hope that other singaporeans will dare to speak out here. The worry is that other forums belong to govt.. eg fuckwarezone.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It gives us a virtual channel to complaint, release stress and show unhappiness over Ah Neh FTs.

coming here to read postings, calm my frustrations!

Thanks Sam!

cestycesty

Alfrescian
Loyal
california fitness is one such place. the company employ so many pinoy trainers who keep bugging me to sign.. makes me wish the old trainers would come back and kick their asses.. wtf.. lousy company. cant afford local pay then open your bloddy company elsewhere lah. wtf stupid pinoy trying to explain that im not fit when my ippt is gold.. fuck you understand..

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Neh FTs, very hardworking, very good at presentations and drown you with technicalities and hypnotise you with head shaking (no offense, but true mah) Subconsicously, I also started to shake head like them when I talked to them -- really no joke.

But sometimes, when I hear "Everything also can do" I get worried. Guess these FTs are afraid to disappoint during our request for deliverables, so swallow more than they can chew... then f*ck up at delivery.

I also don't like them bringing their class system here and start bully the lower class.

It gives us a virtual channel to complaint, release stress and show unhappiness over Ah Neh FTs.

coming here to read postings, calm my frustrations!

Thanks Sam!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been quite awhile since I logged in. Didn't expect to see this "new" category.

Hmm, resistance to globalisation?

Cheers!

thomko

Re: Hatred Promotion Is So...Unconscionable

With regrets of yesterday and worries of tomorrow, how could I be happy ?

I am happier today...Because I am laughing, giving and forgiving...

For every minute I was angry with someone or some things, I lose a minute of happiness that I could never get back.

Hi Bro,
Very Well Said, Really Help My Mind To Recharge...

Cheers:smile:

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally think they are all right. I have met and worked with quite a few FTs. They are friendly and humble.

I am more concerned about Ah Ter, Ah Kau, Ah Tiong, Ahmad, Ali, Abisit coming to Singapore to open a kway chap stall or a provision shop and kaopeh about not being able to get cheap labour. These fuckers can fark off if they think doing business is leveraging off cheap labour.

Youi're referring to thee CHINESE REFUGEES?, dat's what the BABAs call 'em.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
road_bullies_hurl_vulgarities_and_points_middle_finger_at_me-thumbnail.jpg

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
SBS transit cut cost & hire ah-tiong bus drivers, during peak hour, instead of politely asking passengers/commuters to move to the rear, the joker stand up from his driver seat, look to the back & then he shout; "ass-cuuse me, sank-kew!"

the passengers all look at him with hollanded look

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
SBS transit cut cost & hire ah-tiong bus drivers, during peak hour, instead of politely asking passengers/commuters to move to the rear, the joker stand up from his driver seat, look to the back & then he shout; "ass-cuuse me, sank-kew!"

the passengers all look at him with hollanded look
hahaha...!! good one!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this Ah Nehs are any good, they could have fixed their borken country. Instead, they fled to comfortable safe shelters like Singapore and become parasites while thinking the world of themselves.

I see a lot of Ah Nehs in our trains. Often, there can be up to 8 in a damn row, consisting of 3 gens on both sides - the couple with two children in tow, their parents and grandparents!!! Are they tourists or PRs? Is the ICA aware of what we are letting in? If they are PRs, then two or maybe even only one adult is working here to support 6 other dependents, 4 of whom are old and aged and probably medical liabilities to Singapore too. Yet we are told by the govt that FTs are needed to correct the age ratio because Singapore's pop is ageing and we are not reproducing! But if these buggers have to support their own fleas that they brought here, how do we expect them to be "correcting the age ratio" and keeping Singapore vibrant?

Ah Neh FTs, very hardworking, very good at presentations and drown you with technicalities and hypnotise you with head shaking (no offense, but true mah) Subconsicously, I also started to shake head like them when I talked to them -- really no joke.

But sometimes, when I hear "Everything also can do" I get worried. Guess these FTs are afraid to disappoint during our request for deliverables, so swallow more than they can chew... then f*ck up at delivery.

I also don't like them bringing their class system here and start bully the lower class.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abused OFW to Singaporean employer: I'll be back

gmanewstv.jpg
<HR>
Abused OFW to Singaporean employer: I'll be back

Article posted July 30, 2009 - 03:50 PM

<CENTER>IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE</CENTER>
<CENTER>

The cases of abused Filipino domestic helpers abroad are actually nothing new. Singapore, specifically, has always had such cases.

• In 2008, a 31-year-old pregnant woman faced a Singaporean court for hurting her Filipina maid with a spoon. Read more

• In 2009, a 38-year-old Singaporean employer was charged for physically abusing her Filipina maid by kicking her and banging her head against a wall. Read more

*Singapore is also the country where OFW Flor Contemplacion was hanged in 1995 after she was found guilty by the courts of killing fellow Filipino maid Delia Maga and Maga’s four-year-old Singaporean ward.

- GMANews.TV</CENTER>

<CENTER></CENTER>

A Filipino domestic helper found to have been maltreated by her employer in Singapore has assured Philippine officials that she will return to the city state to pursue a case against her former boss.

Magpapagaling muna ako tapos babalik ako sa Singapore para sa kaso (I will let my body recover first then I will return to Singapore to file a case against my employer)," Lea Tarronas told GMANews.TV in a phone interview from the central Philippines on Thursday.

The 34-year-old is now confined at the Western Visayas Medical Center, undergoing treatment for illnesses and injuries as a result of her employer’s maltreatment.

Like hundreds of thousands of other overseas Filipino domestic helpers, she left her family in the Philippines to work as maid for a family in Singapore.

But as reported by her husband, Daniel, to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Manila, his wife’s employer started maltreating her four months after she arrived in Singapore in March last year.

Daniel said his wife’s employer often beat her up, slapped her or step on her, and even burned her in the face and back using an iron.

Tarronas reportedly endured the maltreatment for over a year and it was only after her husband sought help from Iloilo Representative Janette Garin that her condition was confirmed.

“My wife used to be fat. When she returned to the country, she was emaciated," Daniel told a local radio station.

Doctors found her to have acute tuberculosis (cavitary TB) and advanced pneumonia and severe depression.

A report by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said when an embassy team and Singaporean police visited Tarronas at her work place on July 7, they were able to get her to talk about the maltreatment she had been getting.

The embassy reported to the DFA in Manila that Tarronas showed “visible signs" of possible abuse and was “emaciated."

Taronas eventually returned to the country on July 8.

Reports from Iloilo earlier quoted officials saying she appeared to have lost her will to fight as a possible result of her trauma tic experience.

Said a DFA report, Tarronas even refused to file a complaint or seek medical treatment despite proddings from a Singaporean police officer who was sent to check on her condition.

But after President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo personally assured her family of justice for her ordeal, Tarronas agreed to pursue the case once she gets well.

In the interview with GMANews.TV, Tarronas said the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is helping her out with her medical bills while Garin and the embassy will help her in filing a case of grave physical injuries against the Singaporean.

“The DFA will assist her in every way it can, together with OWWA, to ensure that she obtains justice and tormentors punished to the full extent of the laws of Singapore," said Philippine Ambassador to Singapore Minda Cruz in an earlier statement.

Although Tarronas was forced to sign two certifications by her Singaporean employers, the OWWA said it will not stop it and embassy lawyers from pursuing criminal cases against the Singaporean employer, using as “strong evidence" the scars and medical findings on Tarronas upon her repatriation.

The embassy has also recommended that Tarronas be provided with all necessary assistance to ensure her speedy recovery, including counseling services to address the trauma she may have experienced.

The Commission on Filipinos Overseas estimates that there were a total of 156,466 Filipinos in Singapore as of December 2007, mostly contract workers. - GMANews.TV

<HR>All Rights Reserved. 2006 © GMA Network Inc.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Filipinos literally leeching places via their careers

- Good News Pilipinas - http://goodnewspilipinas.com -
Filipinos literally going places via their careers
Posted By GNP Team On September 29, 2010 @ 8:48 pm In We are Pinoys!,ZZZ3 | No Comments
By Claire Betita de Guzman of www.CebuSmile.com <SUP>[1]</SUP>
Four successful Filipinos whose careers have literally taken them places around the world.
Dinah-Fuentesfina-Ragus.jpeg

Thriving in Thailand
Dinah Fuentesfina-Ragus, 37, had been working for the Manila-based non-government agency (NGO), Freedom from Debt Coalition for 10 years when she got an offer to work for an overseas NGO. The move meant a boon to her career, not to mention, a higher compensation package. She accepted, and the job took her to Johannesburg, South Africa.
The position had her traveling three weeks out of a month to other parts of Africa, namely Tanzania and Mozambique, as well as to the United Kingdom, Germany, Bangladesh, India, Cambodia, Nepal, United States, Brazil and Haiti. And she welcomed the jetsetting pace with open arms.
“I enjoy the challenge of working in an international environment, and I like that it’s multi-country,” says Dinah.
Three years ago, she accepted a post in Bangkok as campaigns coordinator for another NGO based in the Thai capital. The perks, aside from even more travel opportunities, included comprehensive health insurance and a much better salary. “They even offered free education for children if I have any,” adds Dinah.
When she’s not flying for work, she enjoys taking trips with her husband, Bon. While she’s grateful for the chances she has to indulge her wanderlust and pursue a thriving career, Dinah does relish the opportunity to be still. Come 2010, she hopes to “rest, recharge and try to enjoy staying in one place”.
Victoria-Victorino.jpeg

Voicing Out in Vietnam
Victoria “Rain” Victorino admits that “the idea of living in another country had previously never entered my mind.” After all, the 30-year-old singer — who majored in piano with a minor in voice from the UP College of Music in Diliman — was enjoying her stints for audiences in Manila. But an invitation to sing in Malaysia piqued her interest in living and working abroad.
For the past three years, Rain has been performing in the luxurious, 35-hectare Nam Hai Resort in Hoi An, Central Vietnam. Her agent in Manila hooked her up with the five-star property, which hired her directly as an expatriate employee. Since then, she has been regaling guests who come and stay at the resort with her brand of romantic music and covers of pop songs. She says the job is “rewarding in terms of pay, benefits and job stability”. What’s more, she loves the challenge of entertaining people of various nationalities. Guests rave about her music and charming personality on and off stage. “I get the opportunity to know them up close so I know what music they like. That is my key for them to participate, enjoy, and come back again for my next show,” Rain says.
Since moving to Vietnam, Rain has taken to exploring her adopted country. She loves Central Vietnam but continues to visit the Philippines regularly.
Feeling blessed to be living her passion and traveling, she says, “I enjoy singing for a live audience and expressing myself through my own style of music,” says Rain. “With every performance, I give my best.
I see each one as a building block to help me fulfill my future plans.”
Joy-Geroche-Villasenor.jpeg

Successful in Singapore
Joy Geroche-Villaseñor, 35, had aspirations of working overseas even when she had a thriving banking career in Manila. When she decided to move to Singapore, it was initially to join her husband, Randall, an engineer based there. But through the bank’s job internal placement program, she snagged a position as a bank manager in the Lion City.
Of course, Joy doesn’t pin it all on luck. The Business Administration graduate from UP Diliman had invested five years of experience with the same bank in Manila, heading regional projects and even getting trained in foreign cities like Dubai.
Today, she works in the Central Business District, preparing and reviewing reports. Her new home has been a great jump-off point for traveling for both work and pleasure. “I’ve flown to India for work, and have had memorable family holidays in Italy, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam!”Apart from the travel perks, in 2007, she received the Excellent Service/Silver Award from Spring Singapore. “Working in Singapore is a great opportunity to learn; it’s one of Asia’s leading financial centers.”
Rey-de-Guzman.jpeg

High Powered in Hong Kong
For Rey de Guzman, a manager at a high-tech multinational company in Hong Kong, three P’s led him to consider working overseas. “Personal, professional and peso growth!” declares the 42-year-old go-getter. “I don’t believe in opportunities knocking on your door — you need to go after them.” By dint of hard work and performance, he created his own good fortune. “I got noticed by the top guys, and when a vacancy appeared, I grabbed it!”
Work takes him regularly to China, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, Holland and the United Kingdom. He intends to learn and speak Cantonese and Mandarin fluently as he makes his way up the corporate ladder. Apart from traveling, he also loves the fact that he gets to meet the top bosses of different companies worldwide. “I get to hear their success stories — their dreams, defeats and victories. It’s like an MBA for free!”
WORK ABROAD 101
Experts share their tips on how to stand out from the competition
KNOW WHAT YOUR PASSION IS
“If living overseas is what you want, identify what your special niche or calling is. This will help ‘steer the boat towards the destination’ so to speak,” says Marisse Sia Africa, associate dean for Hotel and Restaurant Management at the Asian College of Science and Technology (www.acsat.edu.ph <SUP>[2]</SUP>)
GET GOOD WORK EXPERIENCE
Do well in school, then get at least three years of solid work experience, says Angelito C Hernandez, president and managing director of IPAMS, a Philippine-based overseas placement firm. “Developing rapport and good working habits as well as being loyal to your local employers will help land you a career overseas.”
PICK THE RIGHT COURSE
There is a demand for jobs in the fields of engineering, geology, HRM, accountancy, nursing and physical therapy, says Hernandez. Professor Ricardo A Lim, PhD, associate dean of the Asian Institute of Management’s (AIM) W.SyCip Graduate School of Business, suggests taking general management degree courses at the AIM.
NO TIME TO GET A DEGREE?
Do short-term courses like the ones at Genting-Star Tourism Academy (GSTA). Its Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management course is staffed by local and internationally certified practitioners.
SPEAK LIKE THE LOCALS
Whether it’s Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesian, Japanese or Thai, “it pays to know the local language and culture,” says Prof Lim.
IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH
New England College offers a four-month English Proficiency Program. “Better English means better communication skills and more confidence,” says Henry Wong, vice president of International Affairs at the college.
BE FLEXIBLE AND DIVERSE
Work in a variety of jobs — in different environments and with different people — before you go overseas, advises Prof Lim. Doing so hones many skills that will come in handy in the foreign workplace.

Related posts:
  1. Shifting Careers using the 5S Process <SUP>[3]</SUP>
  2. Meet 4 Filipinos paying it forward for the Philippines <SUP>[4]</SUP>
  3. Filipinos world’s text messaging, web video viewer champs <SUP>[5]</SUP>
  4. Army shooting team places 3rd in Australian meet <SUP>[6]</SUP>
  5. 4 Filipinos awarded prestigious UK Chevening Fellowship <SUP>[7]</SUP>

<HR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" class=Divider>Article printed from Good News Pilipinas: http://goodnewspilipinas.com
URL to article: http://goodnewspilipinas.com/?p=12906

URLs in this post: [1] www.CebuSmile.com: http://www.cebusmile.com
[2] www.acsat.edu.ph: http://www.acsat.edu.ph
[3] Shifting Careers using the 5S Process: http://goodnewspilipinas.com/?p=9646
[4] Meet 4 Filipinos paying it forward for the Philippines: http://goodnewspilipinas.com/?p=12762
[5] Filipinos world’s text messaging, web video viewer champs: http://goodnewspilipinas.com/?p=12472
[6] Army shooting team places 3rd in Australian meet: http://goodnewspilipinas.com/?p=11616
[7] 4 Filipinos awarded prestigious UK Chevening Fellowship: http://goodnewspilipinas.com/?p=9918

Click here to print.​

Copyright © 2008 Good News Pilipinas. All rights reserved.​