• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

celeries of SAF ocifers exposed!!!!

Win101

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-11-00-10-22-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-11-00-10-22-1.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 132

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
They are given free meals and free parking. So pls add another easy 15% to the figures shown.
U missing the big one. Free use of car and driver for the senior ranks. For Major and above, free use of car, but no driver. For any Genital rank, will have car and driver. That is worth $35,000 a year at least.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There are 3 categories for SAF Officers - A for normal entry/ diploma holders, B for graduates and merit award scholars and finally, C for SAFOS and Presidential scholars.

Don't know much about the first two grades but for B, the max you can go is COL. For C, they are promoted one grade every 2 years and reach super-scale grade when they hit LTC rank (which is ~$20K a month). That's when they start to shortlist potential ministers and accompany their PAP mentors on overseas trips.

Ministerial caliber scholars are extracted before they reach staff position. The norm is that if you hit COS, that means you are not ministerial caliber and is sent to Stat Boards or retired after serving your term. So if you read about some "leaders" who are chief of this and that in SAF; they have been vetted and found wanting.

I agree with this.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How much does a Second Sergeant earn? I remember one fucking clown was damn yaya and very loud when i was serving my NS. Was the clown getting paid as much as a McDonald's crew?

It depends on the vocation and what badges they have accumulated. Rangers course, jump wings, etc. all have extra monthly stipend. Also SOF unit 2nd SGTs are the highest paid SGTs around. Some of them easily earn more then CPTs. So, it depends on Vocation.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't talk cock lah. Col earn over $15K a month, you earn more then that? Bullshit. By any standard, that is good money.

$15k per month to act like a docile dog in the army. Sounds like a pretty sweet gig. As long as the clowns don't rock the boat or commit any major fuckups, can retire comfortably.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
U missing the big one. Free use of car and driver for the senior ranks. For Major and above, free use of car, but no driver. For any Genital rank, will have car and driver. That is worth $35,000 a year at least.

Major and above tend to hao lian abit leh. Like to drive Lexus, BMW etc.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Major and above tend to hao lian abit leh. Like to drive Lexus, BMW etc.
Those fast track SAFOS guys might do that. But the sign on regular Majors and what not, quite frugal. If got free makan at cook house and free use of car, just take it lah.
If I recall last time, all service Chiefs get a Mercedes. eg Chief Infantry Officer, Chief Armour Officer, etc. Lower senior ranking, depending on their appt get an Audi A4. I think this is at least 10 years ago. Unit heads in a Camp, like say chief technical officer were assigned a Proton with MID plates. But don't forget every camp has a few general purpose cars you can use. Some COs, like my old CO at 40 SAR don't mind we use his MINDEF assigned car which in those days was a Nissan Sunny. His own personal car was more luxuriuos then that, so he always drove that to camp. For me I used to drive my personal car to camp, but once in camp, I draw a GP car for official business. GP car is usually a cheap stationwagon in my time, but now, GP cars can be Opels, Hyundai elantras, and Mitsubishis.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only problem with this sweet army officer gig is that u have almost ZERO marketable skills, unless u are good at sucking up to superiors. I bet those ex-Army clowns at AssMRT do a mean nasty vicious job of lapping it all up and swallowing before they were parachuted into those positions.

I know of one warrant officer, commonly known as Warrant Paul in Paya Lebar Airbase. This guy sounded like a typical didn't finish O levels type. Heard from the grapevine that he used his rifle to bang against the helmet of a soldier who was doing leopard crawl during an exercise. Ended up the poor solider kena some eye injury.

This warrant officer kena kicked out of the army and ended up working as a security guard.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The only problem with this sweet army officer gig is that u have almost ZERO marketable skills, unless u are good at sucking up to superiors. I bet those ex-Army clowns at AssMRT do a mean nasty vicious job of lapping it all up and swallowing before they were parachuted into those positions.

I know of one warrant officer, commonly known as Warrant Paul in Paya Lebar Airbase. This guy sounded like a typical didn't finish O levels type. Heard from the grapevine that he used his rifle to bang against the helmet of a soldier who was doing leopard crawl during an exercise. Ended up the poor solider kena some eye injury.

This warrant officer kena kicked out of the army and ended up working as a security guard.

I know many officers who retired or were retired and doing ok in the civilian world. They are usually in some related security field. Several for example are running the local distributorship for gun companies like Glock, Ruger, Bushmaster, H & K, etc. They have the ability to leverage their contacts in the SAF to win orders. SOme are some distributors for combat knives, and what not. Others not doing too well, senior NCOs especially are not doing ok.