• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ceiling fan at Tampines kopitiam fell on 2 diners

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahsay
big gigantic one
haaaa

Bent-fan.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these new kopitiams are nothing more than non aircon food courts. Many stalls are not family businesses, they're here today, gone tomorrow with hired workers.

You would never get this accident in the Hin Hollywood Canteen.

6096242421_39aa15f286_b.jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it's due to the fan's defect. According to eye witnesses, the blades of the fan had hit a ladder and then spun out of control. It's the fucker who had positioned the ladder under the fan. Besides, from the photo, it's not as if the whole fan had dropped down. It showed several of its blades had bent, thus further confirming that the blades must have been hit.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1604068274973.png

A giant ceiling fan at a Tampines coffee shop was damaged and collapsed on several diners at about 7pm on Oct. 28, resulting in injuries to at least two people who were conveyed to hospital.

A diner at the scene has since written to Mothership to describe what she witnessed first-hand as she was having dinner there at that time.

According to her, she was seated at the table almost directly under the fan:

1604068299016.png

What happened according to eyewitness
This is her first-hand account:

I was having dinner about 7pm. The whole coffee shop was really packed.

There were limited seats and the nearest seat to the store I bought my food from was just right under the fan, where workers were fixing it.

I sat down after I bought my food and started eating with my boyfriend.

About halfway through my meal, the workers finished fixing the fan.

They proceeded to turn it on even before keeping the ladder.

The ladder was really tall and naturally it would be rather heavy too.

When they turned on the fan, and moved the ladder out slightly, it was still quite near to the fan spinning overhead.

The workers then closed the ladder, which made the height of the ladder slightly taller compared to when it was opened.

I think they lost control of the ladder and the ladder fell, which hit the fan.

I didn’t take any pics, but you could tell from the photos posted that the fan wasn’t in the centre of the motor, which caused the fan to be too close to the roast meat store signboard.

https://mothership.sg/2020/10/tampines-ceiling-fan-drop-what-happened/