• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious CCS (not ONE day in pte sector instructs IBM & Google on biz growth

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore’s army general Trade Minister Chan Chun Sing is out embarrassing Singaporeans, and himself again, this time advising global companies like IBM, Google and Paypal to “learn two words”:

“Integrate and innovate – these are two words which are key requisites for countries like Singapore and companies such as IBM to continue to grow and flourish…If we can remember these two words – to innovate and to integrate – I think companies like IBM and countries like Singapore will have a bright future. But the moment we lose these … then we will be done for.”

The former military general with zero background and experience in the private sector, cautioned that the US corporations will not “survive very well” if they do not listen to him:

https://temasekreviewnews.com/minis...ogle-and-paypal-need-to-learn-this-two-words/

jw5

Loyal
He is indeed full of shit. :biggrin:

0VOTr.gif

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
He never said that leh as far as I read in the article.

I think he was trying to draw a parallel with IBM. They were once great, sank terribly, and now trying to rebuild. Warren buffet gave IBM the vote of no confidence.

If we don't learn from IBMs mistakes, we are fucked.

I just said it more succinctly than him. That fella must talk in big circles to sound cheem. Fuck la, just be more straight forward and stop trying to impress amdk.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore’s army general Trade Minister Chan Chun Sing is out embarrassing Singaporeans, and himself again, this time advising global companies like IBM, Google and Paypal to “learn two words”:

“Integrate and innovate – these are two words which are key requisites for countries like Singapore and companies such as IBM to continue to grow and flourish…If we can remember these two words – to innovate and to integrate – I think companies like IBM and countries like Singapore will have a bright future. But the moment we lose these … then we will be done for.”

The former military general with zero background and experience in the private sector, cautioned that the US corporations will not “survive very well” if they do not listen to him:

https://temasekreviewnews.com/minis...ogle-and-paypal-need-to-learn-this-two-words/

It's asinine to compare a private company with Sinkieland.

Stupid motherhood statements... these are the scholar-general imbeciles, considered to be the cream of the crop and worthy of leadership. :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
innovate by looking outside of sg to turn trash to "talent", and integrate by giving them pr and 6.9 years of generosity and graciousness before they jump ship to a real 1st world cuntry that offers 6.9 times more pay, 69 days of vacation, paid time off, sick leave, maternity/paternity leave, etc. and zero chances of their sons serving ns.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In some interview a while back, his response to a question on his qualifications to dish out business advice, his response was that he studied economics or some biz ed shit and as such was qualified. That being in the army did not disqualify him from using his knowledge.

I also remember attending a lunch speech by Tan Chuan Jin when he first became Manpower minister. His speech must have be written by some JC student on factors of production, lifted out of Year One economics textbook. And he went on proudly to read the speech without knowing that he was really making himself a real fool. Hail, General Ministers - they can only talk cock, talk generally and skip around issues while waiting for instructions from above.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great when they did not hire brahmin neh before...

He never said that leh as far as I read in the article.

I think he was trying to draw a parallel with IBM. They were once great, sank terribly, and now trying to rebuild. Warren buffet gave IBM the vote of no confidence.

If we don't learn from IBMs mistakes, we are fucked.

I just said it more succinctly than him. That fella must talk in big circles to sound cheem. Fuck la, just be more straight forward and stop trying to impress amdk.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is stating the obvious... With Trump promoting "back to US' and pushing for a digital Berlin wall between US and China, he is merely parroting what experts have been saying all along that this divide will not bode well for the world and that it is better for all to have greater integration.

Who doesn't know that innovation is the key to survival and growth... IBM has come a long way from mainframes, PC to AI, digital services and cloud. Is he still thinking that IBM still lives in the dinosaur's era ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is stating the obvious... With Trump promoting "back to US' and pushing for a digital Berlin wall between US and China, he is merely parroting what experts have been saying all along that this divide will not bode well for the world and that it is better for all to have greater integration.

Who doesn't know that innovation is the key to survival and growth... IBM has come a long way from mainframes, PC to AI, digital services and cloud. Is he still thinking that IBM still lives in the dinosaur's era ?

The stuff involving US vs China is another matter. China was caught red-handed stealing/hacking trade and tech secrets. It's not longer just trade and commerce; it concerns national security.

Trust a PAP lackey, a scholar-general no less, to be oblivious of this. :rolleyes:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN the same is happening in sbf mah KNN kopi uncles giving advice to doctors also giving advice to ministers businessman and ceos KNN every advice has a silver lining KNN

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Poor fellow. Embarrassing himself.