• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CCS first task: to make film of GCt and LKY!!!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
ocal film-makers should showcase legacy of MM Lee, SM Goh

THE retirement of Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew and Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong from the Cabinet signifies the passing of an era.

Both elder statesmen have contributed immensely to the building of Singapore and their efforts should be duly recognised.

I urge local film-makers to produce historical films on Mr Lee and Mr Goh's respective tenures as Singapore's first and second prime ministers as a way to acknowledge their tremendous accomplishments.

For instance, one film could chronicle the struggles by Mr Lee and his Old Guard comrades as they fought for Singapore's independence in the 1950s and 1960s, as well as their quest to build a First World economy in the 1970s and 1980s.

How the Second Generation leadership, led by Mr Goh, steered Singapore through the various crises in the 1990s and the early 2000s, such as the 1997 Asian financial crisis and the 2003 Sars epidemic, could be the focus of the second film.

The West and China have long produced historical films to celebrate the achievements of historical figures and to commemorate historical events. The King's Speech and Red Cliff are recent examples.

It is time Singapore did the same to preserve the legacy of Mr Lee and Mr Goh in the Singapore Story and to ensure that younger Singaporeans continue to appreciate what these two eminent leaders have done for our city state.

Chan Cheng Lin --are you related to Chan Chun Sing?

insomia23

Alfrescian
Loyal
F u lah make movies. ask jack neo do it lor.... if really want to make movies then must do it from the way beginning how old fart flame his comrades and push to to death along the way to make it to the top.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THE ONLY MOVIE OF THESE 2 OLD MUDDER-FARKERS...........................i'm interested in will be their funerals.............

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The-Godfather-canliizle.org.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I think we are all getting a bit paranoid liao. Nair related to Devan Nair. Chan related to CCS. This is too funny! Anyway, everyone already knows the REAL Singapore story (not very flattering to dictators), no need to make into film. Waste time and money only. Fuck this Chan Cheng Lin for even suggesting it.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we are all getting a bit paranoid liao. Nair related to Devan Nair. Chan related to CCS. This is too funny! Anyway, everyone already knows the REAL Singapore story (not very flattering to dictators), no need to make into film. Waste time and money only. Fuck this Chan Cheng Lin for even suggesting it.

Gopalan Nair is the single Nair. This Chan could definitely be linked to Mr. Lanfang Republic

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
ocal film-makers should showcase legacy of MM Lee, SM Goh

THE retirement of Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew and Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong from the Cabinet signifies the passing of an era.

Both elder statesmen have contributed immensely to the building of Singapore and their efforts should be duly recognised.

I urge local film-makers to produce historical films on Mr Lee and Mr Goh's respective tenures as Singapore's first and second prime ministers as a way to acknowledge their tremendous accomplishments.

For instance, one film could chronicle the struggles by Mr Lee and his Old Guard comrades as they fought for Singapore's independence in the 1950s and 1960s, as well as their quest to build a First World economy in the 1970s and 1980s.

How the Second Generation leadership, led by Mr Goh, steered Singapore through the various crises in the 1990s and the early 2000s, such as the 1997 Asian financial crisis and the 2003 Sars epidemic, could be the focus of the second film.

The West and China have long produced historical films to celebrate the achievements of historical figures and to commemorate historical events. The King's Speech and Red Cliff are recent examples.

It is time Singapore did the same to preserve the legacy of Mr Lee and Mr Goh in the Singapore Story and to ensure that younger Singaporeans continue to appreciate what these two eminent leaders have done for our city state.

Chan Cheng Lin --are you related to Chan Chun Sing?

Hahahahaha. "The King's Speech" and "Red Cliff". These are not historical films. These are movies........ Historical films are those that appear on History Channel. Like the fall of Third Reich

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chun sing already categorically said on his Facebook that he is NOT related to Lee family.

Not quite correct leh. His actual words were "I am as related to the Lee family as much as I am related to the whole of Singapore"
A categorical answer is a simple YES or a simple NO and not to try to be too clever.