• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CCS don't bullshit like you know Tony Tan lah.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
CCS, in 1995 when Tony Tan was the defence minister, you were only a Capt. U sure Defence Ministers work with Capts. meh? When Tony Tan left in 2003, you were only a LTC and CO of 10 SIB. Excuse me, there are many full bird colonels and various general ranks already at MINDEF HQ ahead of you kissing Tony Tan's backside. Don't keh kiang like u and him are good buddies.

by Evelyn Choo 04:47 AM Jun 24, 2011SINGAPORE - Having worked with Dr Tony Tan when he was Defence Minister from 1995 to 2003 and Coordinating Minister for Security and Defence from 2003 to 2005, Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Chan Chun Sing described Dr Tan as a strategic thinker who is "always very caring about all the people who work with him".

Major-General (NS) Chan had served in the army for more than two decades, rising to the rank of Chief of Army. Speaking to reporters yesterday at the launch of the Standard Chartered Marathon, MG (NS) Chan said Dr Tan has "very broad and wide, long-term vision" and he always has the "interests of the country in mind".

He added: "The other characteristic is that he's always very caring about all the people who work with him ... he has a very simple philosophy that if you take care of the people, the people will take care of the mission."

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCS, in 1995 when Tony Tan was the defence minister, you were only a Capt. U sure Defence Ministers work with Capts. meh? When Tony Tan left in 2003, you were only a LTC and CO of 10 SIB. Excuse me, there are many full bird colonels and various general ranks already at MINDEF HQ ahead of you kissing Tony Tan's backside. Don't keh kiang like u and him are good buddies.

MG Chan is a scholar. Scholars have exposure to the Minister even as Captains, and are appointed as Military Private Secretary to the Minister. So plenty of chance to rub shoulder with Dr Tony Tan.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MG Chan is a scholar. Scholars have exposure to the Minister even as Captains, and are appointed as Military Private Secretary to the Minister. So plenty of chance to rub shoulder with Dr Tony Tan.

So CCS was Tony Tan's Military Private Secretary? Confirm? Double confirm??

jw5

Loyal
This young general + ministar belly good memory one.
He can even remember Ghim Moh Secondary School. :biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Evelyn Choo can't even tell the difference between rank and appointment. Stupid woman, chief of army is an appointment, major-general is a rank. Idiot!

kastro

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chan Kee Chiu may be bright and competent, but his is no leader. His seemingly flippant nature and inability to work a crowd without his default gangster mannerism is befitting of a leader of a country. PAP propaganda machine portrayed him as a potential future PM candidate, but with his lousy idiosyncrasy, he is not likely to ever win the support of the people.

Albeit his academic success, foresight, and being touted as an excellent strategist, he needs to work on his soft skills and appeal. If a seemingly immature boy like this becomes our PM, expect the country will drown in the sea of embarrassment in international waters.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Well, that would be kinda hard to do if he was in an active unit and at the same time become Tony Tan's military private sec. U can be assured they will not take a Capt. who was at HQ Mindef being Tony's por lumpar, and place him in combat unit right away. Anyway, rub shoulder is not the same as know so much about the man u can talk in the media about him.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Chan Kee Chiu may be bright and competent, but his is no leader. His seemingly flippant nature and inability to work a crowd without his default gangster mannerism is befitting of a leader of a country. PAP propaganda machine portrayed him as a potential future PM candidate, but with his lousy idiosyncrasy, he is not likely to ever win the support of the people.

Albeit his academic success, foresight, and being touted as an excellent strategist, he needs to work on his soft skills and appeal. If a seemingly immature boy like this becomes our PM, expect the country will drown in the sea of embarrassment in international waters.

If his last name is not Lee or Li, he has a snowball's chance in hell of being PM.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCS was never Tony Tan's military private secretary.

Then saying untruths that Scholars like "MG Chan is a scholar. Scholars have exposure to the Minister even as Captains, and are appointed as Military Private Secretary to the Minister. So plenty of chance to rub shoulder with Dr Tony Tan."

is pure bull and writer knows shit. Why say something without having any proof? As far as I know minimum are Majors and usually Lt. Colonels.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then saying untruths that Scholars like "MG Chan is a scholar. Scholars have exposure to the Minister even as Captains, and are appointed as Military Private Secretary to the Minister. So plenty of chance to rub shoulder with Dr Tony Tan."

is pure bull and writer knows shit. Why say something without having any proof? As far as I know minimum are Majors and usually Lt. Colonels.

Scholars Captains and Majors are appointed MPS to the Minister, 2M, and MOS in those days. Not sure whether that have changed since then. As to specifically whether MG Chan was MPS to TT, that may or may not be the case.

In addition, all scholar's progression in the SAF are monitored by the Minister through Officers Personnel Centre (which manages Scholars and COL grade officers). Army Officers Movement Centre manages the career of LTC grade and below officers.

During the time when MG Chan was a Captain, he also held appointments in MINDEF and that is when he would have done his MPS tour. When they are holding field appointments like OC, they would not be given such concurrent appointments but may be involved in ad-hoc projects.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal

The misleading part about my post is that it implied that MPS is only to the Minister. I did not add that MPS can also be to 2M and Minister of State.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The misleading part about my post is that it implied that MPS is only to the Minister. I did not add that MPS can also be to 2M and Minister of State.

That said, to say CCS rubs shoulders with TT is conjecture and not a fact. He might not even have spoken a word to TT whilst he was there. MINDEF is not exactly a small little office where you see Ministers walking in and out all the time.

I too used to work under TT but have never seen him at all. Anyone in Mindef can also say the same thing as everyone works under TT.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
That said, to say CCS rubs shoulders with TT is conjecture and not a fact. He might not even have spoken a word to TT whilst he was there. MINDEF is not exactly a small little office where you see Ministers walking in and out all the time.

I too used to work under TT but have never seen him at all. Anyone in Mindef can also say the same thing as everyone works under TT.

I can safely say that as a Scholar, he will have met and interacted with TT whether he is TT's MPS or otherwise. That is the nature of the scholar scheme. By being a scholar and being known to the Minister and Perm Secs, you already have a head start when its comes to the ranking exercise. Unless you screw up big time, your significantly better name recognition compared to hundreds of your peers (with names and faces that ring no bell) means that it become much easier to be in the top few slots.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can safely say that as a Scholar, he will have met and interacted with TT whether he is TT's MPS or otherwise. That is the nature of the scholar scheme. By being a scholar and being known to the Minister and Perm Secs, you already have a head start when its comes to the ranking exercise. Unless you screw up big time, your significantly better name recognition compared to hundreds of your peers (with names and faces that ring no bell) means that it become much easier to be in the top few slots.

I get what you mean, but this is all just conjectures without any evidence. If he was once TT's MPS, I won't argue with your statement.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

But look at the quotes coming out of CCS's mouth. Even other politicians endorsing Tony have not talked like they are his best friends and are privy to his innermost thinking. CCS is bs.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
But look at the quotes coming out of CCS's mouth. Even other politicians endorsing Tony have not talked like they are his best friends and are privy to his innermost thinking. CCS is bs.

That is a fair interpretation of his comments, I cannot disagree with that statement.... Cheers!

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
lanpah la... what does CCS know about TT? a scholar no doubt, but when TT was in charge of the military, the monkey face was still of very very lowly rank. probably LTA going on to CPT, or newly promoted CPT only... how would TT even bother looking at this monkey face, when there were tons of good-for-nothing scholars holding higher ranks & working closer with TT??

now wanna tuakang & boast about his working ties with TT... pls la... think we all stupid... this CCS holds the rank of MG, but to me, MG = Monkey Genetics.