• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CCB KNN Stinky PAP DOGGIES want more Foreign Kids to overtake locals children!!!!!

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
At a dialogue session with Indian youths yesterday (16 Jun) organised by the Singapore Indian Development Association or SINDA, DPM Tharman Shanmugaratnam said the government wants to encourage PRs and those who intend to stay in Singapore for the long-term to attend local schools instead of international ones.

With regard to the need for international schools, Mr Tharman explained that part of Singapore’s competitiveness as a business centre is that expat children can have an uninterrupted education at quality international schools.

A youth at the session asked, “There’s already a bit of problem between the integration of the expats and Singaporeans, would these international schools develop more of these problems with integration?”

The key is striking the right balance, said Mr Tharman. He added the government does not intend to have unlimited growth in international schools in Singapore. Still, the government decided in August last year to release more land for international schools.

A fine piece of virgin land in Pasir Ris designated to be cleared for an international school has already met with resistance from residents living in the area. The residents had formed themselves into a committee, the Pasir Ris Greenbelt Committee, and sent a petition to DPM Teo Chee Hean to save the Woodlands Greenbelt at Pasir Ris Heights from being converted into an international school (‘Pasir Ris woodlands to be cleared for another Intl School for FTs‘).

Speaking to reporters after the forum, Mr Tharman said, “The composition is important. So we’re not keen on having too much expansion on schools that are only for one ethnic group or one nationality. That balance has to be found. To be more specific, we’re not growing the Indian school component on an unlimited basis at all. In fact, we’d like to ensure that we cap that capacity so that, that isn’t the growing segment basically.”

According to the website of Global Indian International School (GIIS) [Link], it has 3 campuses in Singapore:

GIIS Queenstown Campus
GIIS East Coast Campus at Cheviot Hill in Siglap
GIIS Balestier Campus (inaugurated by former Indian President, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam)

According to a CNA report dated 3 April 2012 [Link], GIIS is keen to expand and have more campuses in Singapore.

Mr Tharman told the reporters, “Especially for those who are PRs and those who are here in Singapore for the long term, we want as much as possible that their children go through our national schools, so we’re finding the right balance, we’re not expanding all segments of the international school community equally.”

Still, it is not known how the Govt can ensure that children of PRs and long-term stayers will study at our national schools and not international ones. It is easier said than done.

One good example is new citizen Raj, originally from India. During an interview with The Online Citizen [Link], Raj revealed that only he in his family converted to Singaporean. His wife and daughter remain as PRs and his son is on student pass.

Raj said that if his son was a PR, he would need to serve NS. He preferred to “let his son decide if he wanted to put his roots down in Singapore or go back to India when he turns 21… We have friends who are from India as well as Singapore. My kids must grow up knowing their roots and our Indian culture, so we purposely go out of the way to stay connected with our friends from India, especially those from our own hometown… Living and adjusting to so many different races of people is a very big challenge.”

Raj chose to let both his children study at GIIS instead of a local school. One wonders if Raj’s children has problems integrating with Singaporeans. One also wonders why our ICA decided to give Raj Singapore citizenship, given that his heart is clearly very much with India.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/1...rs-long-term-stayers-to-attend-local-schools/

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB PAP Dog Heng Chee How shows you how he help Singaporeans!!!!!

Must learn Banggali!!!!!! :oIo::oIo:

During the first “Future Leaders Summit” organised by NTUC yesterday (15 Jun) aimed at reaching out to professionals, managers and executives (PMEs), NTUC Deputy Secretary-General Heng Chee How said NTUC will do more to help PMEs.

This will include providing assistance in skills upgrading, and more seminars and workshops.

The summit’s co-organiser e2i, which is also the NTUC’s training arm, said that according to its poll of 1,500 PMEs, it found that a majority of respondents “seek advice on career progression” and “value soft skills”.

More PMEs are also seeking e2i’s help to look for a job and to enhance their employability.

He said, “The PMEs would also certainly face challenges at work, both in terms of looking for work, or placement, as well as progression – how they can make good in their respective careers. So, it is for this reason that the NTUC, as the labour movement, is focusing greatly in this fast-growing segment of the workforce.”

However, from some readers’ letters to TRE, those who attended the courses or seminars organized by NTUC’s e2i were clearly not impressed.

A TRE reader, Lim, said (‘The plight of a Singaporean PMET‘), “I was a PMET in HDD/electronic manufacturing line. Spent 24 years in manufacturing and specialized in this market segment. I have engineering and business diplomas. Tried 2 times to get a degree but dropped out due to overseas postings and work commitment. Now, cannot find a job for past 7 months.”

Some of his complaints included, “Junior paying jobs in new industry taken by foreign talents.”

With regard to e2i’s courses, he said, “Went for E2I executive course. No results thereafter. Visited numerous seminars/road shows etc… no use.”

He said, “I belong to the group which used to believe PAP and its policies. Now, I begin to doubt if Singapore can be called home.”

“We belong to the late baby boomer group with children currently in secondary schools and aging parents. Like most of my friends, it is hard to see the benefits of economic growth.”

Another TRE reader, Disillusioned, said (‘TRE readers who are in the same boat as Kim‘), “I was employed in a senior management position until the 2008/2009 economic slowdown, drawing S$300K annually. Was consequently prematurely retired. Have been unemployed since then.”

“Wrote innumerable job applications and participated in several e2i & CDC arranged job fairs and was even unwittingly sent by WDA for perfunctory skill upgrading courses in service excellence. Am willing to go down to a tenth of what I was drawing and no less hard striven and hard driven. The outcome however was humiliating when all that were on offer at such job fairs were security guards, cleaners, taxi-drivers, F&B service attendants etc that do not employ my knowledge and skill sets.”

“I was in the 18% tax bracket and served my national service as a loyal born and bred Singaporean. I have never gained from any social handouts and do not intend to as I believe that I should be earning my keep. Stout of heart, keen of mind and strong of limb, I have been brutally denied and I am disillusioned. When I read the likes of economic migrants portrayed herein edging us out in the professional job market, I cringed with revulsion and anger.”

A reader even wrote an open letter to NTUC chief Lim Swee Say asking him (‘Open Letter to Lim Swee Say – Why employ FT instead of SG in NTUC?‘), “The fact is that NTUC’s E2i Center and even the many CDC’s have thousands of highly qualified unemployed Singaporeans, some even with MBA’s and Masters degrees, on their database list looking for jobs. Are any of these people from E2i and CDC’s even referred for jobs at NTUC or government agencies?”

“Are Singaporeans given priority for jobs at NTUC? How many Foreigners are currently being employed at NTUC? Why is there a need to employ Foreigners at NTUC in the first place?”

And finally, reader, KNN, wrote (‘Govt offering jobs to retrenched PMETs: Must be able to speak & write Bengali well‘), “Just to give you an idea of the kind of ‘help’ that PAP provides to retrenched Singaporeans, below is an email from e2i that I recently got. I still put myself on their mailing list as I sometimes like to see what kind of crap they send out. In the email below, they expect PMETs to be totally fluent in Bengali to take up the job which is in a statutory board! How many Singaporeans are totally fluent in Bengali?!? This is an example of our government catering to foreigners (PRs), accommodating more of their kind coming to Singapore.”

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:05:57 AM
To:

Dear PMETs,

Kindly also note that the below position requires you to be able to speak and write Bengali well.

Thank you.

————————————————————————————-

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 11:45 AM
Subject: Job Opportunity as a Temporary Management Support Translator

Dear PMETs,

Please see below for information on a job opportunity.

A public service agency is looking for a Temporary Management Support Officer (MSO) Translator.

Responsibilities:
1. Primarily to assist officers with the written and oral translation at the counters.
2. Any other duties assigned by reporting manager.

Requirements:
- Diploma Holders
- Able to speak and write Bengali and English well
- Good interpersonal skills, patient and team player.
- Have basic administrative work skills such as operation of computer and data entry.
- Preferably have at least 2 years of working experience in customer service line and performing translation services.

The salary scale for this position is $1,700-$2,000 (Subject to qualifications and relevant working experience.)…

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/16/heng-chee-how-more-seminars-workshops-to-help-pmes/

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB $8 heart Minister PAP DOG Cow Boo Wan scolding Gilbert Goh and Singaporeans!!!!!

No matter how pretty Cow Boo Wan daughters are, they r still PAP doggies!!!!!!!!! :oIo::oIo::oIo: Addressing some 250 delegates at the opening of the World Cities Summit Mayors Forum held in Bilbao, Spain yesterday (14 Jun), National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan unashamedly slammed Singaporean youth for their “anti-immigration” stance. Noting that the 21st century has seen much change, Mr Khaw said many feel “unsettled”, “anxious” and even “suspicious”. “Some of our youths are losing optimism, as they remain unemployed or under-employed for months or years. Some of our people have taken on an anti-immigration stance as they blame foreigners for their all their problems. If this leads to an anti-globalisation mood, the world will be poorer for it,” he said. With rapid changes in technology and globalisation, people worldwide and not just in Singapore are becoming concerned about their job prospects and greater competition. Mr Khaw said it is down to the respective governments to steer their economies in the right direction and inspire their people. Governments must show “strong leadership” and “inspire confidence in their people”, he said. He urged cities to continuously transform themselves to stay relevant. He said change is part of a process that enables cities to rejuvenate and to revitalise themselves but cities must manage change sensitively to enable their people to feel that their lives have become better with change. He added, “Technology will continue to prop up to assist us in how to run the economy in a more sustainable way. Another good example is traffic, cars. Technology in that area will change and we hope there will be more electric cars” http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/06/1...seas-forum-for-their-anti-immigration-stance/

Last edited:

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: CCB $8 heart Minister PAP DOG Cow Boo Wan scolding Gilbert Goh and Singaporeans!!

I'm not sure how is his comments supposed to be scolding. It's nothing more than describing the situation as it is.

If he is still under the illusion that Singaporeans by and large are appreciative of foreigners then we have even more serious problems with the current leaders than we have envisaged.