• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CCB AssMRT Switch Off Aircon to Cut Cost!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Air-conditioning in trains: Sometimes on, sometimes off
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I COMMUTE to work by MRT every day.

I have noticed on several occasions that there seems to be no air-conditioning in the trains at all. A reply from SMRT mentioned that air-conditioning in trains is automated and not controlled by drivers. I do not accept this, as I have noticed on a few occasions, when there is a change of drivers at Ang Mo Kio MRT station, the air-conditioning magically comes on.
I am concerned, and not only because the comfort of passengers is not taken care of. More important, with the trains so crowded during peak hours, we do not want diseases to spread in trains. Surely ventilation must be a concern during the Influenza A (H1N1) outbreak.
I do not think there is any fault with the air-conditioning, but rather there are drivers who choose to switch off the air-conditioning for reasons they know best. Lim Hup Koon

th_TV2009030418454800.jpg

I Msian FT CEO. If I donch cut cost, who will pay for my Benzee? *chey*

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Air-Con switch on ! But do you question whether do they change the air-filter !

Maybe when you inspect it it be black with dusts !

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
The spread of disease would be worse if the aircondition is switch on, you would be breathing the same air in a confine area. Please get your facts right before you slam an organisation. Inorder no to get the disease , I suggest you stay at home

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fyi, To(train officer) donch control the train when its on auto mode, they are there to open and close train doors when they are at the station, all those control inclusive air-condition are done by CC(chief controller) at their HQ.

TO only operate the train when its rainning and when the train is switch to manual mode.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
The spread of disease would be worse if the aircondition is switch on, you would be breathing the same air in a confine area. Please get your facts right before you slam an organisation. Inorder no to get the disease , I suggest you stay at home

wat cock r u talking about!? u mean assmrt switch off aircon in the cabin the air will be better? it is still in the confine place asshole!

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lesser mortals...PLEASE don't complain this to our elite MP Mr Charles Chong...new immigrants are happy if they get occasional air-con:biggrin:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the reason why SMRT only got "Best Traveling Experience" in Asia Pacific. Experience as in sometime okay, sometime worse...;rolleyes:

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Air-conditioning in trains: Sometimes on, sometimes off
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I COMMUTE to work by MRT every day.

I have noticed on several occasions that there seems to be no air-conditioning in the trains at all. A reply from SMRT mentioned that air-conditioning in trains is automated and not controlled by drivers. I do not accept this, as I have noticed on a few occasions, when there is a change of drivers at Ang Mo Kio MRT station, the air-conditioning magically comes on.
I am concerned, and not only because the comfort of passengers is not taken care of. More important, with the trains so crowded during peak hours, we do not want diseases to spread in trains. Surely ventilation must be a concern during the Influenza A (H1N1) outbreak.
I do not think there is any fault with the air-conditioning, but rather there are drivers who choose to switch off the air-conditioning for reasons they know best. Lim Hup Koon

th_TV2009030418454800.jpg

Well FYI for this Dickhead Lim the driver really does not control the aircondition in the train cabins he can only control the 1 at the drivers cab. The coolness in the paxs cabins are controlled by a tempt switch that maintains the cab at certain tempt. However they do tend to trip once in a while and caused the aircon to stop working and the breaker needs to be reset.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid communist mole of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan, don't know what is thermostat and environmental control is it? Sometimes aircon on, sometimes aircon off. What is the fuss?

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is certain air-change requirement in the MRT cabin. The a/c system in the MRT train are make-up from external to maintain this air-change. Technically, you wun be breathing in the same air as when cabin doors are open, treated air will be lost through escaping. New make-up air will be needed to compensate this lost.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Air-con where got air-exchange ! MRT are like cattle movers !

If got swine flu please take the mrt !