• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CCB ang mo bully lady sinkie cab driver, refuse to pay cab fare KNNBPCB!

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why AssAyeAir practice discrimination here? Local passengers were told to go home and wait for their call for the next flight but foreigners were put up in hotels. :(

This one cannot really blame SIA lah. Foreigners need somewhere to stay while their flight is delayed/cancelled. For locals, since they have a permanent home in SG, it is better for them to wait at home right? Unless the locals are renting and have stopped renting for the duration of the trip. However, SIA should provide taxi vouchers for everyone, regardless whether they are locals or foreigners.

For other losses due to flight delay/cancellation, passengers should claim against their travel insurance, which hopefully, they have purchased.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not a crime to talk on the phone (hands free) while driving.

It is not a crime for a taxi driver to talk on a hands free mobile phone while driving. Even if there is a passenger in the taxi.

But it is a crime for not paying for service rendered or consumed. What is so difficult to understand such basic and simple logic?

Bro, I agree with you. The Ang Moh is obviously at fault!

Our police is very useless when it comes to cases involving foreigners, especially Ang Moh. I have similar bad experience with the police here. They only seemed to take action if you are an Ang Moh, VIP, MP or minister. If you are just an ordinary folk, there is nothing they can help you. Look at our policemen, they are so young, little life experience & hence unable to solve many social problems.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When SIA lost my checked in baggage in sydney, they compensated me A$100 at the airport. But when they lost it again on my return trip back to singapore, and paid nothing because they said it's my home country. What cock reason was that? Imagine if all my work clothes or shoes were in the check in luggage, did I have to replace them with my own money?

I filed for travel insurance claim later but the money was paid quite late.

wtf!!!

Lost your luggage twice?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Taxi driver should not talk on the phone even via bluetooth as it will distract her and put her passenger in danger. Not professional.

Comfort should have a SOP for their drivers in such situations. Not professional also. When it comes to collect money, they know how to make the procedures as smooth as possible but when it comes to protecting their drivers, act blur liao........

Ang Mo should have paid because he didn't stop the driver from using the phone and not refused to pay after the service has been provided. If a whore had farked him but was using the phone while farking, will he do the same thing too after he has cum?

SG taxi companies are third world, other countries even have polycarbonate shields to protect the driver against knife or potential robber attacks. After certain time of the day, you are not allowed to board on the front passenger seat, etc. Even in US, they have cameras recording all the activity in the vehicle so it keeps people honest. Especially people who cheat on fares.

Y

Yip Hon

It doesn't bother me at all. Cos I don't pay any attention to the driver's yapping unless he want's to know which way I choose to go.

But if you are bothered, you can always tell the driver that you prefer he/she to stop talking and concentrate on driving. It is also the driver's choice if he/she want to continue to render you his/her service.

It's a free market. You can choose to be driven or not be driven by a non-stop talking driver, and he/she can choose to render you or not, his/her service of ferrying you to your destination.

But if you reached your destination and you don't want to pay because you don't enjoy your ride, you are at fault.

Very simple, you go and take the SBS buses or SMRT train and then tell the bus driver or the MRT station officers that you don't want to pay because you don't enjoy your ride, reason is that the air-con not strong, or you couldn't get a seat, or it was too crowed or it was too noisy. or the ride was too bumpy. See what they will do to you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

bro, i well said . Also our newspapers always

pick up and print all sort of negative feedback on

cabbies . i hope the newspapers will do a write up on

this case and expose this Ang Moh !!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Case was ages ago.

Anyway i don't pity either side. Reason is cos taxi driver is so subservient to ang moh. Help ang mh carry luggage in and out of cab, still ask for permission to talk on phone etc. Seriously if this were a local passenger you think she would ask for his permission? I don't ever think so.

Yet during the part when the ang moh refuses to pay for her fare. Oh yeah i bet she would want some local to help her.

This is sg society for you. When everything is well ignore everyone else especially a fellow sinkie. Yet when problems arise all of a sudden you actually need another sinkie's help and if it's not forthcoming start to complain and make self righteous comments like sinkies are selfish and so on.