• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CAUTION for WhatsAPP SCAM! New Crook Tricks! Warn your families!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://hk.news.yahoo.com/探射燈:騙徒橫行-冒親友套驗證碼-盜whatsapp帳戶四圍呃-232245061.html

探射燈:騙徒橫行 冒親友套驗證碼 盜WhatsApp帳戶四圍呃

東方日報 OrientalDaily

5.4k 人追蹤

2019年3月29日 上午7:22

f9df6f9d335c40def0e4c18e515969d6

查看相片
WhatsApp騙徒手法流程圖
本港過去不時發生的即時通訊軟件騙案,近日變得猖獗,大量網民在社交媒體訴說不幸「中招」,稱遭騙徒冒認親友要求協助進行驗證,結果被騎劫WhatsApp帳戶,更被騙取金錢。有專家建議用戶啟用「雙步驟驗證」自保;立法會議員指現象反映市民個人資料外洩問題嚴重,港府需完善監察及懲處機制。
「一畀完個驗證碼佢,轉頭就入唔番WhatsApp,先知道已經畀人盜用咗!」陳小姐(化名)在農曆新年期間,接獲來自胞姊電話號碼的短訊,稱註冊新帳戶需要第三方協助認證,不久後陳便收到由通訊軟件公司發出的一次性驗證碼短訊,並不虞有詐轉發予對方,豈料WhatsApp即停止運作。及後,陳的一名友人來電,指「她」在WhatsApp要求友人代購遊戲點數卡,故詢問她是否真有其事,陳始獲悉帳戶已被騙徒騎劫。
原來,陳的胞姊較早前亦被騙徒以同樣手法騎劫帳戶,早前「胞姊」發出的短訊實為騙徒假冒,而陳收到的驗證碼是用作驗證其WhatsApp帳戶,向對方提供驗證碼等同交出帳戶的控制權。「我家姐周不時都搵我幫佢搞啲手機嘢,點會估到電話顯示係佢,實際上係個唔識嘅人!」騙徒得逞後,利用陳的WhatsApp帳戶發短訊予其電話簿內多名親友,成功哄騙一人購買價值七百元的遊戲點數卡,並再盜取另一人的帳號。
苦主重奪帳戶 電話簿仍外洩
b83d1dd7b5302a520cad485558697094

查看相片
騙徒假冒胞姊盜取陳小姐WhatsApp帳戶,更成功哄騙其友人代購遊戲點數卡。
「好慌張,唔知道對方冒認你呃咗幾多人,仲要好似病毒咁散播開去。」事發至今,陳仍心有餘悸。她指,從未遇過同類情況,亦不知該如何處理,她曾將WhatsApp程式刪除,並關掉手機,卻無阻騙徒繼續盜用其帳號。「走去報警,警察竟然同我講『冇嘢幫到』。」幸而,陳最終獲從事資訊科技界的友人協助,重新取回帳戶操控權,惟騙徒手上仍持有其電話簿上所有電話。另一苦主程先生(化名)表示,本月中他被冒認作母親的黑客騙去驗證碼,WhatsApp帳戶落入騙徒手中,「佢拎我帳戶周圍問人借錢,冇人有損失真係不幸中嘅大幸,用咗好多時間善後!」他直言以後會吸取教訓。
議員指政府監察機制欠全面
cd92f23986062edaa3138b20d07d0123

查看相片
即時通訊軟件已成大眾生活一部分,但亦被騙徒伺機利用作犯案工具。
f00cd1e7880e3f8693a4b7563f40653a

查看相片
「雙步驟驗證」一經啟用,登入WhatsApp將同時需要驗證碼及六位數自訂密碼。
香港資訊科技商會榮譽會長方保僑指出,有關行騙手法所涉銀碼一般較小,以防受害人親友起疑,若然不幸中招,很可能要等數小時始能重新登入奪回帳戶。他續指,要預防帳戶被盜,使用「雙步驟驗證」功能是最簡單直接的方法,一經啟用,登入WhatsApp不僅需要一次性驗證碼,更要輸入六位數的自訂密碼,騙徒便無法單靠驗證碼奪取帳戶。

Exploring lights: swindlers swearing friends and family verification code pirate WhatsApp account
[Oriental Daily OrientalDaily]
Oriental Daily OrientalDaily
5.4k person tracking
March 29, 2019, 7:22 am
View photos
WhatsApp tricks flow chart

The instant messaging software scams that have occurred in Hong Kong from time to time have become rampant in recent days. A large number of netizens have complained in the social media about the unfortunate "invitation", saying that the swindlers confessed to their relatives and friends for assistance in verifying the results. They were robbed of WhatsApp account and were defrauded. money. Some experts suggested that users should enable "two-step verification" to protect themselves; Legislative Council Members pointed out that the phenomenon of public leakage of personal data was serious and the Hong Kong Government needed to improve its monitoring and punishment mechanism.

"After finishing a verification code channel, I will turn to the WhatsApp and know that it has been stolen!" Miss Chen (pseudonym) received a short message from the cell phone number during the Lunar New Year, saying that the registration is new. The account requires a third party to assist in the certification. Soon after, Chen received a one-time verification code SMS sent by the communication software company, and did not swindle and forward it to the other party. It is expected that WhatsApp will stop functioning. Later, a friend of Chen called and said that "She" asked friends to purchase the game card at WhatsApp, so she asked if she really had anything. Chen began to know that the account had been robbed by the swindler.

It turned out that Chen’s cellulite was also swindled by the swindlers in the same way. The short message sent by the cymbal was actually a scam fake, and the verification code received by Chen was used to verify his WhatsApp account. Providing the verification code to the other party is equivalent to the control of the surrender account. "My sister, from time to time, yelled at me to help me with my cell phone. I would estimate that the phone display system is actually a savvy person!" After the swindler succeeded, he used Chen’s WhatsApp account to send a short message to him. Many friends and relatives in the phone book successfully swindled one person to purchase a game card with a value of 700 yuan, and then stolen another person's account.
The hardship regains the account. The phone book is still leaking.
View photos
The swindler faked the celluloid to steal Miss Chen's WhatsApp account, and more successfully deceived his friend to purchase the game credit card.

"It’s so flustered, I know that the other person has confessed to you a few people. Zhong is like a virus. It’s spread out.” Chen still has a lingering fear. She said that she had never encountered a similar situation and did not know how to deal with it. She had deleted the WhatsApp program and turned off the mobile phone, but she did not stop the fraudsters from continuing to steal their accounts. "When I went to the police, the police actually told me about "helping me." Fortunately, Chen was finally assisted by friends in the information technology community to regain control of the account, but the fraudster still holds all of his phone book. phone. Another bitter Mr. Cheng (pseudonym) said that he was swindled into the verification code by the hacker who was considered a mother this month. The WhatsApp account fell into the hands of the swindler. Unfortunately, I am fortunate to spend a lot of time on the aftermath!" He will learn the lesson in the future.
Member pointed out that the government monitoring mechanism is not comprehensive
View photos
Instant messaging software has become a part of the public life, but it has also been used by criminals as an offending tool.
View photos
Once "Two-Step Verification" is enabled, login to WhatsApp will require both a verification code and a six-digit custom password.
Fang Baoqiao, honorary president of the Hong Kong Information Technology Industry Association, pointed out that the silver code involved in fraudulent practices is generally small in case the suspects and relatives are suspicious. If they are unfortunate, they may have to wait a few hours to re-enter the account. He continued to use the "two-step verification" feature to prevent account theft. Once enabled, logging in to WhatsApp requires not only a one-time verification code, but also a six-digit custom password. It is not possible to capture an account solely by verification code.