• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cases are so high, I really don't understand why Singapore keep opening up

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Property is doing very well. Why you say otherwise?

@JohnTan @Papsmearer

I told oppies end of 2020 to load up on property. If you followed my advice, you would have made money this year from the increase in property prices in 2021.

my US REIT etf sink to the bottom last few weeks lol not really actually

Buy the fucking dip! 2021 losers will likely be 2022 big winners. I've bought more Alibaba and Tencent stocks. These two each are like ETFs, given their fingers in so many different startups and sectors of the Chinkland economy.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
In case you didn't know... COVID is no more a threat to the vaccinated. It won't kill us except for the above 70 year olds.
You don't see it as a problem? Except 70yo above do you know many turtles here belongs to this age group :rolleyes: ? Also life expectancy leeduce to 70 ? Is that acceptable?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the same breathe, the gahmen tells thousands of infected people to quarantine at home to avoid overcrowding in hospitals but allowing foreigners to come in......logic ?

At least wait until the thousands of infected drop to low 3 figures.....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP wants to host some high level summit here again so that they can take selfies and post on Facebook.

Sinkie lao ah mah and ah peks can die no problem.. PAP's face more important

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I told oppies end of 2020 to load up on property. If you followed my advice, you would have made money this year from the increase in property prices in 2021.

Buy the fucking dip! 2021 losers will likely be 2022 big winners. I've bought more Alibaba and Tencent stocks. These two each are like ETFs, given their fingers in so many different startups and sectors of the Chinkland economy.

U invest in security or trade in security?

Focus

Alfrescian
Loyal
And yet they refuse to shut down public transport like trains and busses which makes transmission much easier than hawker centres.

Just remember PAP screwed you and vote accordingly for making wrong policy choices.

I just feel that it is not about jabbing or not, social distancing should be the priority as we have so much more hospitalisation cases and deaths now.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food shortages coming .... this will hit Singapore badly.... with food shortages not enough food reopening also no use...

PAP better stop Foreign Tenants come in to steal food also... send back ahneh to India to work from India...

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

For once i actually like your post HAHHAHA. yeah i am buying the dip. this month when evergrande default officially i am expecting a crash. I am going in again with my ETF portfoilio

Last edited:

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are stupider than I thought.

And yet they refuse to shut down public transport like trains and busses which makes transmission much easier than hawker centres.

Just remember PAP screwed you and vote accordingly for making wrong policy choices.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what is meant by the end justify the means-opening up the economy , SIA, Jewel Changi, Shopping Malls ect2(to put it bluntly money ) is more important than human lives.
That is what you get for voting PAP

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For once i actually like your post HAHHAHA. yeah i am buying the dip. this month when evergrande default officially i am expecting a crash. I am going in again with my ETF portfoilio

For the chinkland stocks, it would be a crash on top of an existing crash. Tencents and Alibaba have already been beaten down like 40% from their Feb 2021 highs. It's like Japan steamrolling Malaya during Feb 1942 all over again.

Tencent and Alibaba are very likely to recover by end of 2022 or early 2023. Whatever the CCP is planning, they certainly aren't intending to destroy Tencent and Alibaba. They need these two tech companies to complement their physical One Belt, One Rail idea. Jiuhu is already planning to build cloud storage using Alibaba, which will allow CCP to extend its influence over jiuhu digital economy.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the chinkland stocks, it would be a crash on top of an existing crash. Tencents and Alibaba have already been beaten down like 40% from their Feb 2021 highs. It's like Japan steamrolling Malaya during Feb 1942 all over again.

Tencent and Alibaba are very likely to recover by end of 2022 or early 2023. Whatever the CCP is planning, they certainly aren't intending to destroy Tencent and Alibaba. They need these two tech companies to complement their physical One Belt, One Rail idea. Jiuhu is already planning to build cloud storage using Alibaba, which will allow CCP to extend its influence over jiuhu digital economy.
The Chinese Tech were beaten down because of regulatory risks and US - China political tensions.

But things seem to be looking up as US and China seek to engage in collaborative virtual meetings by the end of the month.

The 2 biggest economies meeting to iron out their major differences and seeks way to co-operate on global issues ( global trade, climate change, green environment, cryptocurrency, cybersecurity, Iran & North Korea nuclear ambitions ) augur well for both countries going forward.

I am with you on buying the beaten down Chinese tech stocks. The risk of further downside is limited while the potential for upside is relatively high given the improved US China relations.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore kept opening up when our covid cases are at new highs. Not only that we allow more foreigners in without quarantine (like open borders with india and malaysia), we are going to under-report on the cases as PCR tests will be only for those with symptoms. I really don't want Singapore to open up in times like this.

PAP 要钱不要命

Focus

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP 要钱不要命
We have thousands of daily Covid cases. Isn't it very reckless that students and staff members currently under existing quarantine order and future HRW (Health Risk Warnings) can go back to school if ART is negative?

Students in close contact with COVID-19 cases can return to school after negative antigen rapid test result

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...dent-school-exams-health-risk-warning-2233881

SINGAPORE: Students who are identified as close contacts of COVID-19 cases will be able to return to school if they are well and have a negative antigen rapid test (ART) result, announced the Ministry of Education (MOE) on Sunday (Oct 10) in an update to its measures. From Monday, MOH will issue a 7-day health risk warning to students in close contact with COVID-19 cases. At the same time, MOE will no longer issue leave of absence and approved absence for primary schools, secondary schools, special education schools, junior colleges and Millennia Institute.

During the seven days, students can return to school if they continue to be well and have a negative ART result before they leave for school daily.

Similarly, students and staff members currently under existing quarantine orders, leave of absence or approved absence can return to school for lessons as long as they are well and have a negative ART result on the day they go to school.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have thousands of daily Covid cases. Isn't it very reckless that students and staff members currently under existing quarantine order and future HRW (Health Risk Warnings) can go back to school if ART is negative?

Students in close contact with COVID-19 cases can return to school after negative antigen rapid test result

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...dent-school-exams-health-risk-warning-2233881

SINGAPORE: Students who are identified as close contacts of COVID-19 cases will be able to return to school if they are well and have a negative antigen rapid test (ART) result, announced the Ministry of Education (MOE) on Sunday (Oct 10) in an update to its measures. From Monday, MOH will issue a 7-day health risk warning to students in close contact with COVID-19 cases. At the same time, MOE will no longer issue leave of absence and approved absence for primary schools, secondary schools, special education schools, junior colleges and Millennia Institute.

During the seven days, students can return to school if they continue to be well and have a negative ART result before they leave for school daily.

Similarly, students and staff members currently under existing quarantine orders, leave of absence or approved absence can return to school for lessons as long as they are well and have a negative ART result on the day they go to school.
What are you so afraid of? I mean seriously...

Covid is a mild disease made even milder with vaccination. Unless you are someone above 70s with underlying conditions, you really have nothing to worry about.

These moves are designed to move us all forward and live with covid endemically. Would you close schools and hide under beds with the common cold? Sheesh...