• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car rams US consulate in Shanghai

GroundIIControl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Car rams US consulate in Shanghai

PUBLISHED : Friday, 13 February, 2015, 1:14am
UPDATED : Friday, 13 February, 2015, 1:32am

Danny Mok and Teddy Ng

car2.jpg

A car rams into the US consulate in Shanghai.

A car rammed into the US consulate in Shanghai late on Thursday night, injuring a guard.

The black car, with a licence plate from Zhangzhou, Fujian province, hit the consulate’s gate near the junction of Taojiang Road and Wulumuqi Road South in Xuhui district at about 10pm.

The driver, 35, from Sanming City, Fujian, was slightly injured in the crash and was apprehended by guards on site.

The cause of the crash was unclear, but the website Caixin quoted police as saying the driver was drunk. Another website thepaper.cn said that drink driving had been ruled out and that the investigation was ongoing.The driver was taken to a police station; the injured guard, Sun Tao, who was unconscious for a brief period, was taken to a hospital. He suffered injuries to his mouth, face and chest.

The website quote the driver Liu Daojie as saying: "I have a big company, and I've always felt threatened that someone wanted to kill me, so I wanted to stir things up to gain attention. I was driving from Hangzhou to Shanghai, and I saw the security guard and I rammed my car towards him."

Photographs that circulated on social media showed a barricade in front of the consulate’s gate had been damaged by the car. The barricade was later removed by paramilitary police.

Another image showed what appeared to be blood on the ground.

Caixin reported that security had been stepped up by paramilitary police. However, the area was not cordoned after the crash and appeared to be calm shortly afterwards.

WildestDreams

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Driver who rammed car into US consulate in Shanghai ‘mentally confused’

Wife of man arrested says he has hallucinations and believes somebody is trying to kill him. A police guard was injured in Thursday night's attack

PUBLISHED : Friday, 13 February, 2015, 1:14am
UPDATED : Friday, 13 February, 2015, 4:59pm

Danny Mok and Teddy Ng

aaaaa-car.jpg

The car that rammed into the consulate on Thursday night. A police guard suffered injuries to his mouth, face and chest. Photo: The Paper

The 35-year-old man who rammed his car into the US consulate in Shanghai late on Thursday night and injured a guard was “mentally confused”, according to the police.

A statement issued by Shanghai police said they had ruled out the man crashing the car while driving under the influence of drink or drugs.

“During his confession, the driver was mentally confused and rambling,” the statement said.

The black car, with a licence plate from Fujian province, hit the consulate’s gate near the junction of Taojiang Road and Wulumuqi Road South in the Xuhui district at about 9.43pm on Thursday night.

aaaaaaa-car-embassysuspect.jpg

Liu Daojie, 35, of Sanming, in Fujian province, who rammed his car into the US consulate in Shanghai, was slightly injured in the crash. Photo: The Paper

The driver Liu Daojie, 35, from Sanming, in Fujian province, who was slightly injured in the crash, was caught by guards at the scene.

The police quoted Liu as saying: “I have a big company and I’ve always felt threatened that someone wanted to kill me, so I wanted to stir things up to gain attention.

“I was driving from Hangzhou to Shanghai and I saw the security guard and I rammed my car at him.”

aaaaaaaaa-guard1-embassy.jpg

The injured guard, Sun Tao, is in hospital with injuries to his mouth, face and chest. Photo: The Paper

Investigators found Liu’s wife in a guesthouse in Hangzhou and she said he had been having hallucinations that someone wanted to kill him in recent months and had been hiding at home.

She has taken him to see doctor, but the medic told him only not to dwell on things.

The man drove his daughter from their home to Hangzhou yesterday morning and after he dropped her off at a guesthouse he said he wanted to see a client and did not return, the police quoted his wife as saying.

The injured guard, Sun Tao, who was unconscious for a brief period, was taken to a hospital. He suffered injuries to his mouth, face and chest.

Photographs circulated on social media showed a barricade in front of the consulate’s gate had been damaged by the car.

The barrier was later removed by paramilitary police.

Another image showed what appeared to be blood on the ground.

The news service Caixin reported that security has been stepped up in the area by paramilitary police.

However, the area was not cordoned off after the crash and appeared to be calm shortly afterwards.