• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Capri @ Danga Bay community

toufu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keys collected

Observations:

1) Quality is good. I don't see any major defects in my unit at first glance. Only not quite satisfied with the main door with lot of scratch marks and common bathroom toilet bowl that is badly stained. Will do a more thorough check next week.

2) Electricity at common areas are actually not ready. Now running on their own power supply. Developer says it will be connected to Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) by next week.

3) Water supply is connected already. Water pressure is quite strong.

4) Common facilities are still pending some rectification work. So the swimming pools are not ready for use yet. Gym and activities room are locked but developer said I can call them to have it opened. I guess they are waiting for connection to TNB for all facilities to be opened.

5) Jacuzzi is missing from original plan after some amendment to the building plan!

6) Overall I am happy with this development. Developer gave additional free car park lot. The services provided by the staff was excellent during key collection.
OoWX0NR.jpg

Yx2i05O.jpg

mYdkFhV.jpg

x0r6pDk.jpg

wp5U6SF.jpg

l1exMNk.jpg

Lwt507C.jpg

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah that’s fast. Got the letter too but not sure if bank has already paid the last 12.5% progress payment in order to collect. Shall try my luck tomorrow. Did you also ask them about the late completion compensation?

toufu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah that’s fast. Got the letter too but not sure if bank has already paid the last 12.5% progress payment in order to collect. Shall try my luck tomorrow. Did you also ask them about the late completion compensation?

Developer has calculated the compensation amount, from SPA till the date they issued the vacant possession letter to me (total 90 days of compensation in my case).

Cheque not ready yet though but I have requested that they bank in for me once it is ready.

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told that the extra carpark was due to them lowering the height of the carpark by 2 levels. So it is a form of compensation. For the LAD, understood the 10%. But no idea what was the 10% x 20% component

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’m always curious to know what are all of you proud new home owners gonna do with your new homes?
(i) move in?;
(ii) rent out?,
(iii) weekend/holiday stay (until decide to sell or stay permanently upon retirement)?;
(iv) sell now?;
(v) sell when market picks up?

I can imagine there are thousands of units being handed over to buyers in the current few months starting from late 2017 into 2018, especially in JB city (R&F, CG and Tropicana alone). So, it’s interesting to see how all this activity impacts the city’s lifestyle, retail and F&B offerings.

toufu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told that the extra carpark was due to them lowering the height of the carpark by 2 levels. So it is a form of compensation. For the LAD, understood the 10%. But no idea what was the 10% x 20% component
10% x 20% is for the delay to the completion of the common facilities

toufu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’m always curious to know what are all of you proud new home owners gonna do with your new homes?
(i) move in?;
(ii) rent out?,
(iii) weekend/holiday stay (until decide to sell or stay permanently upon retirement)?;
(iv) sell now?;
(v) sell when market picks up?

I can imagine there are thousands of units being handed over to buyers in the current few months starting from late 2017 into 2018, especially in JB city (R&F, CG and Tropicana alone). So, it’s interesting to see how all this activity impacts the city’s lifestyle, retail and F&B offerings.
For me, this will be my weekend/holiday home. May move in for retirement when I quite my job. JB is a nice place to retire. Pace is slower and more relaxing.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, this will be my weekend/holiday home. May move in for retirement when I quite my job. JB is a nice place to retire. Pace is slower and more relaxing.

Same here. I’ve been popping in for the wkend every 2-3 weeks since I got the keys to my unit (not in this development) in 2016. When I’m there I don’t want to leave ... I find the energy just so conducive to relaxing! ... Planning to retire later this year, so very much looking forward to spending even more time there.

Enjoy your stays there! Guess you’re now busying yourself with fitting out the place etc. Have fun!

regretbuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea how to use this place...... no tenant (I think so), no buyer (I think so), maybe spend 1-2 weeks there every alternate year.

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks toufu for the explaination. For me it is going to be weekend home until retirement. I think sell will lose $ now and tenanting will not cover mortgage. Anyway will set up a Facebook page for our place so we can share info there with owners. If interested to join let me know.

regretbuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks toufu for the explaination. For me it is going to be weekend home until retirement. I think sell will lose $ now and tenanting will not cover mortgage. Anyway will set up a Facebook page for our place so we can share info there with owners. If interested to join let me know.

Hi Capri please share the Facebook link in this thread so that we can join the group.

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, give me some time to settle the admin then I will set up the FB page. Anyway, just applied TNB through the developer and received email asking for 1700 rm! as security deposit for electricity. Did you guys get the same amount? It is really absurd since it should be equal to 2 months electrical bill. I dont think 1 month is 800+ rm.

toufu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also received the email from TNB. Huge sum indeed. But i thought we have paid the electricity deposit to the developer before we collected the keys? I have the invoice and receipt. Only thing is I think what we paid is less than what was asked for.

I like the golden gate though, felt safe inside the enclosure. haha :p

Not too happy that the common facilitates are not ready though when I visited last Saturday. Think I might want to feedback to the developer and ask for additional LAD although I have already signed the acknowledgement form.