• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Capri @ Danga Bay community

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seemed not much diff from first day, but I like Dijaya development. I got one in Tropez and would like to keep it as a weekend house..

IIRC carpark first 6 level is basement cp. salesperson say one.

Last edited:

thinkandgrowth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...but the residential units start at level 7 so the car park shouldn't be basement...I guess they not yet finalized yet...even gym or function room all this they also say not finalized...

thinkandgrowth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course we know, only some details have not been confirm as it is still under soft launch many things still not finalized yet so it may lead to confusion that's why we have discussion here. still for most investor ,location is priority over amenity or the build of the project, but each ppl set the investment priority differently.

toufu

Alfrescian
Loyal
i get differing response from agents. Now that we have paid the $10k booking fee, do we need to pay the 10% deposit when signing S&P or the 10% rebate will kick in during the signing of S&P?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget to factor in the higher interest rates. Its very hard to service a loan even with 5% rental yield, especially if rates go up and they will eventually. Cant compare with SG. That's why I am paying down my property in MY.Also whether FH or LH , yield isnt differentiated by tenants. So while it may be good to pay more for a FH do be realistic abt rental yield. Ultimately its about the price you buy and rental demand. If you can top up and dont mind doing so for capital gain, go ahead.
In BI I understand Sky Executive Suites is getting very high yield with 3K for a 2 bedder which they bought at around 300K or even less.But that is pretty cheap compared to today's prices.

In JB, some of the older condos are getting decent yield e.g Molek Pines, Straits View, Aloha Towers, Prima Regency. Especially for those who bought earlier but even now , not that far from 5%, in some cases easily 5% or even more.These are all FH. But they are much cheaper than current launches( some below 500K, foreigners cant buy) so the question to me really is whether tenants would be willing to pay a huge premium for the new units. For the older units, its not easy to sell as valuations arent high and in some cases foreigners cant buy. Also I dont know much about the tenant profile except Straits View( Caucasians) and Molek Pines( Japs)which are popular with expats. Prima Regency I believe has many locals renting.

Yup I think you hit the nail on the head. The reason the current condo can rent at a high yield is because currently there is a demand for it.. due to the construction boom in Johor currently.. a lot of engineering talent is coming down to work on the various projects.
However when the newer condo are TOP then there is no reason for the tenants to remain. Condo in Johor tends to be a dicey proposition.

toufu

Alfrescian
Loyal
but once the contruction is completed, the commercial / retail / hospitality / financial institutes will be up and running. Hence, there will be more people working, playing, living at zone A and hence the demand for housing. More infrastructure will also be planned and built due to the increase in population / economic potential.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
but once the contruction is completed, the commercial / retail / hospitality / financial institutes will be up and running. Hence, there will be more people working, playing, living at zone A and hence the demand for housing. More infrastructure will also be planned and built due to the increase in population / economic potential.

Yes thats true but that depends on the fact that there is ademand for such services. If majority of buyers in johor only do it for holiday home then, the demand will be low.. its needed to have a self sustaining economic system running in johor..

And that means putting itself up as competition against Singapore. A more realistic scenario would be to attract backend services to johor.. that migt be viable..

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
i feel capri PSF is a tad too high given its a blocked seaview condo.....
brunsfield just in front block all seaview, u can only see lake view lol, and this one asking 1100 psf on wards......

thinkandgrowth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya it's true it got block by brunsfield i do feel rm1100 psf for Capri expensive.rm1100 is b4 10% discount & Dibs so it work out to be ard slightly <rm1k psf is calculate it that way.capri the biggest non penthse units is 1550 sqft & 1468 sqft,brunsfield unit is 1168sqft & 1076sqft.size different target market also different.capri bought the land at rm190 psf sell at rm1000 psf to me is consider smart developer so buyer can only hope they deliver the quality n can enhance value by using the profit. brunsfield rm1100 psf is unit facing the back n not facing the sea n is low floor unit.some level can still get partial sea view + most same facing get lake view,spore suburban condo leasehold already launched at S$1000 above,KL most city development is at RM1500 n above,puteri harbour is also rm1500 psf,medini some near rm1000.let hope the whole development go smoothly it is only phase 2 for Iskandar development.

thinkandgrowth

Alfrescian
Loyal
rm1k psf is calculate it that way.capri the biggest non penthse units is 1550 sqft & 1468 sqft,brunsfield unit is 1168sqft & 1076sqft.size different target market also different.capri bought the land at rm190 psf sell at rm1000 psf to me is consider smart developer so buyer can only hope they deliver the quality n can enhance value by using the profit. brunsfield rm1100 psf is unit facing the back n not facing the sea n is low floor unit.some level can still get partial sea view + most same facing get lake view,spore suburban condo leasehold already launched at S$1000 above,KL most city development is at RM1500 n above,puteri harbour is also rm1500 psf,medini some near rm1000.let hope the whole development go smoothly it is only phase 2 for Iskandar development.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
rm1k psf is calculate it that way.capri the biggest non penthse units is 1550 sqft & 1468 sqft,brunsfield unit is 1168sqft & 1076sqft.size different target market also different.capri bought the land at rm190 psf sell at rm1000 psf to me is consider smart developer so buyer can only hope they deliver the quality n can enhance value by using the profit. brunsfield rm1100 psf is unit facing the back n not facing the sea n is low floor unit.some level can still get partial sea view + most same facing get lake view,spore suburban condo leasehold already launched at S$1000 above,KL most city development is at RM1500 n above,puteri harbour is also rm1500 psf,medini some near rm1000.let hope the whole development go smoothly it is only phase 2 for Iskandar development.

Capri developer is indeed smart developer to acquire such cheap land and then sell end product at such good prices especially from the big jumps in prices from Tropez. The profit from Tropez must be good too and probably used this profit to bankroll Capri. I think their biggest gain would be selling or renting the shoplots and commercial in their mall at very good profit because of the huge number of units in this Tropicana projects. I believe they would gain big from this project but at whose expense?

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Capri and brunsfield really selling above current market price. thats why country garden selling so well, as their PSF lower ~800 onward for partial seaview

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dijaya should really pay me for this post.

this is the second time i visited Capri. The price hasn't increased much if any. in terms of marketing, they suck. BIG TIME! Country Garden next door sold 5,000 units. Capri has only sold 50% of ONE TOWER!!! GOSH!!!

it's a pity because I think Capri is a superior product. The layout is fantastic. My type of liking. The showflat ID showed class. made me want to buy and i did make some enquiries. although i dun think i will buy but it did make me think a little. 心动了。if you ask me, this is a product more suited for PH.

would i buy it? possible but not likely. i might buy when it completes though cos it is very nice. but looking at the speed the units are selling, i doubt they will start construction soon unless the marketing department does a better job. and by the time it completes, maybe the HSR would be ready. and once the HSR is ready, i would be looking at KL properties. why eye JB chicks when KL ones are hotter???

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
but dijaya.. their condo design i have seen (they are main developer for tropicana pj).. not really that great lei. very high density.. strange you say only 50% sold. when i was there 2 month ago (or something) i saw most of the units were booked already, almost 70% booked. so many pulled out?