• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CAN'T AFFORD TO GET SICK IN SINGAPORE - $5k Medication Every 3 Weeks!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]CAN'T AFFORD TO GET SICK IN SINGAPORE[/h]
Post date:
5 Mar 2015 - 7:48pm

A netizen sent us two photos of her latest cancer pills which cost her close to $5000 and it will only last three weeks!

Imagine chalking up $5000 of medication every three weeks...the total amount is mind-boggling.

The cost is already after subsidy and she can only use her medisave and insurance to pay - no medifund or medishield can be uitilised.

She is a stage 4 lung cancer patient with an ALK mutation and chemo via intravenous is not working plus the tumour is also growing.

So far the hospital has not chase after her for the cash portion of the bill as she just started to use the expensive drugs in January but as a subsidised patient she is sceptical that she can pay up if the hospital calls for cash payment.

"If I have to beg, borrow or steal, I will have to do it," she told me via watsapps.

"Cancer is a rich man's disease."

Its no wonder many people prefer to die here than having to pay for the expensive medical cost in our first world country.

VTO.
Gilbert Goh
*Article first appeared on https://www.facebook.com/goh.gilbert/posts/10153736026758975

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if anything happens to her the hospital will send the bill to her relative ...

she does not have to worry

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Post date:

A netizen sent us two photos of her latest cancer pills which cost her close to $5000 and it will only last three weeks!

Imagine chalking up $5000 of medication every three weeks...the total amount is mind-boggling.

The cost is already after subsidy and she can only use her medisave and insurance to pay - no medifund or medishield can be uitilised.

She is a stage 4 lung cancer patient with an ALK mutation and chemo via intravenous is not working plus the tumour is also growing.

So far the hospital has not chase after her for the cash portion of the bill as she just started to use the expensive drugs in January but as a subsidised patient she is sceptical that she can pay up if the hospital calls for cash payment.

"If I have to beg, borrow or steal, I will have to do it," she told me via watsapps.

Its no wonder many people prefer to die here than having to pay for the expensive medical cost in our first world country.

VTO.
Gilbert Goh
*Article first appeared on https://www.facebook.com/goh.gilbert/posts/10153736026758975

If its stage 4 lung cancer, the medicine is not going to cure it, it will only inhibit the growth and prevent it from spreading. It will prolong the patients life giving him or her another 1 to 1.5 years to live. After that, it will be ineffective and the cancer cells with continue to spread.

The other problem is that water or liquid will start to fill the lungs, as it comes from the cancer cell living in the lung. While it can be drained, there is always the danger of infection, however, as time passes by, the patient will have breathing difficulty as the water/liquid accumulate.

Because it is water/liquid remains in the lung, there is always possibility of infection and pneumonia will sets in, once that happens, death will result.

If the patient have bought Medishield, it will pay part of the medicine cost, up to 1.4k for every 28 days. The rest has to be paid by cash.

5k X 1.5 years = 75k, will you pay for it to live another 1,5 years?.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee+Kuan+Yew+Standard+Chartered+Singapore+SNdYYbqz5Kul.jpg

Stop asking the obvious lah, you Daft Stinkee! I donch have so much breath to answer such silly question. OK? *zzz*

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It's the same in NZ. I have a friend who has stage 4 Melanoma and he has spent $200,000 on drugs so far in an attempt to buy some time.

The drug isn't subsidised at all. He has to pay the full price for each infusion which a whopping $50,000 per dose!!!!

If this drug does not work, he has another option that will cost $180,000. That will mean $360,000 in total and not a cent from the government despite the fact that Kiwis pay far higher taxes than Singaporeans and are supposed to receive free medical care.

Singaporeans should count themselves lucky to have a caring government that is providing partial subsidies for cutting edge drugs. If she was a Kiwi, she would have to pay the full price.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's no point fighting it with drugs. it's better to join bros by canoeing into the sunset. :o

image.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
there's no point fighting it with drugs. it's better to join bros by canoeing into the sunset. :o

To be honest that was his choice. He had already started palliative care but his family said they wanted him around more than they wanted his inheritance. He's a great family man who is loved by all.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be honest that was his choice. He had already started palliative care but his family said they wanted him around more than they wanted his inheritance. He's a great family man who is loved by all.

i would do the same if he were to be either my dad or lky.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
suicide is free from lien. Angmoh medicine still do the same job for you make you sicker want to commit suicide.

Post date:

VTO.
Gilbert Goh

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stage 4 lung cancer no point medicate already. Anyway at most she is expected to be on this medication for 6 months. If by then she is still alive and the cancer hasn't spread, then maybe its money wasted for another 1.5 years of suffering.

Stage 4 lung cancer spreads very well... The liver, stomach, spine - all these are the favorite destinations. The best thing to do is coming to terms with the reality and make peace with God.

From the type of cancer she got, I reckoned she's a non smoker. It's yet another case which shows - no point being too kiasi live healthy lifestyle. Cancer is just like most sh*t - it happens even through no fault of yours.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stage 4 lung cancer no point medicate already. Anyway at most she is expected to be on this medication for 6 months. If by then she is still alive and the cancer hasn't spread, then maybe its money wasted for another 1.5 years of suffering.

Stage 4 lung cancer spreads very well... The liver, stomach, spine - all these are the favorite destinations. The best thing to do is coming to terms with the reality and make peace with God.

From the type of cancer she got, I reckoned she's a non smoker. It's yet another case which shows - no point being too kiasi live healthy lifestyle. Cancer is just like most sh*t - it happens even through no fault of yours.

Death is not so bad for some describing it as pleasant
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150303-what-its-really-like-to-die

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in S'pore............unless velly rich.............if kena cancer no point going to hospital...........just proceed to your cheapest undertaker............

either the cancer will kill you..............or the hospital bill most certainly will...........

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
in S'pore............unless velly rich.............if kena cancer no point going to hospital...........just proceed to your cheapest undertaker............

Same applies to every country under the sun not just Singapore.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

either the cancer will kill you..............or the hospital bill most certainly will...........

Buy medical insurance.