• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canada: Gunfire in Subway Station

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shot fired at Coxwell subway station

By KEVIN CONNOR, SUN MEDIA
18th August 2009

A gunshot rang out at Coxwell subway station during the evening rush hour today after a struggle between two men in what police suspect may have been a robbery.

“There were about eight to 10 people outside the station at the time, but there were quite a few people inside because it was rush hour,” Toronto Police Sgt. Paul Jones said.

Police were called just before 6 p.m. to the station where the two males involved had already fled the scene and no one is believed to be hurt.

“A male was standing in front of the station and another male approached and there was some sort of robbery and a struggle,” Jones said.

“A shot was fired, hit the ground and both men fled. We aren’t sure if the shot was some sort of intentional message to the victim.”

Police recovered some items related to the shooting at the scene and will review security video from the station.

Ryan Maglnob lives across the street from the station and was outside when the shot was fired.

“Two guys were arguing and getting into a fight. It appeared to be a robbery because one guy grabbed the other guys necklace and then I hear the shot,” Maglnob said.

“The guy who was robbed ran into the subway and the other guy got into a black car and sped away. It was pretty scary to be sitting here for that.

“You hear about this stuff. I guess it can happen anywhere. I just hope it doesn’t become more frequent here.”

Stewart Murdock, 15, was shocked a gun would be fired in his neighbourhood.

“This is a peaceful neighbourhood where people raise their families and there is a school nearby,” Murdock said.

“I’m shocked. This isn’t cool because there are little kids around.”

The TTC continued to operate the Bloor/Danforth subway line after the shooting, but trains didn’t stop at the Coxwell station.