• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can someone help update the SPH journalists' template. Mine is out of date.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://www.sammyboy.com/legacy/thumbsuptemplate.html

Dear Straits Times Journalist.
Do you frequently suffer from writers' block? Are you worried that your editor will reject your story or force you to resubmit your story at the 11th hour? Are you sometimes at a loss as to who to interview regarding the latest government announcement?
Well fear not, as usual, sammyboy provides you with all the answers. The next time one of those big shot govt. honchos makes an announcement, all you need to do to file your story in double quick time is to fill in the blanks below and presto!..... your story can be on the editor's desk way ahead of everyone else.
The template also guarantees that you will never get into trouble with top management for inadvertently going beyond the " OB markers".
When you get promoted don't forget to buy sammyboy a drink OK.

[SIZE=+1]Thumbs Up for govt.'s policy on_______________,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]_______________have given the thumbs up for the government's recent announcement regarding___________.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"The govt. has shown considerable foresight in introducing these ground breaking measures to_____________", said Mr./Ms/Madam__________(NMP/MP/RC Chairman/Union Leader/GLC CEO etc.*). "The timing of the measures is significant as Singapore is facing considerable external threats because of________________. The astute leadership provided by the govt. will no doubt guide Singapore through ______________.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Another NMP/MP/RC Chairman/Union Leader/GLC CEO etc.*, Mr./Ms/Madam____________ also heaped praise on the strong leadership provided by the govt."This proves that the govt. does not simply adopt populist policies but is willing to make tough decisions regarding_________in order to do what is best for Singapore in the long term."[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Opposition Leader Mr. (Cheam See Tong/Low Thia Khiang*) was critical of the new policies though. He stated that they did not provide any relief for the poor and destitute as they would not benefit whatsoever from___________________.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]However, BG__________ Minister/Minister of State* for___________ dismissed the opposition leader's comments outright. "It would be a grave mistake for Singapore to_______________. We are an Asian society and to blindly adopt Western concepts which are totally unsuitable for Singapore would be disastrous for the country".[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]BG__________ added that the opposition, as usual, was devoid of any new ideas. He challenged Mr. Chiam/Low* to come up with alternative policies rather than just criticizing the govt. regarding____________________.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The _______ Dept. of NTU/NUS* has been studying the issue of___________ and an independent in depth study shows conclusively that the govt. is on the right track regarding___________ and the policies will start to bear fruit in the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th* quarter of 2002/2003/2004*.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Professor_________, Head of the______ Dept. of (NTU/NUS*) stated that the govt. had obviously done a very thorough study as the govt. forecasts are in line with the Dept.'s long term projections regarding__________.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Professor_______'s views were echoed by the_________, Chairman of (Singtel/NOL/DBS/PSA/ST/..or any other GLC*) "Singapore is now poised for a considerable period of sustained growth". said Mr./Ms/Madam__________. "It's Kudos for the govt.'s efforts to____________________.[/SIZE]

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This one's obsolete too but I guess we don't really need it anymore because there are so many avenues to be heard in this day and age. It was composed when the internet was still in its infancy. No facebook, twitter and vbulletin in those days.

http://www.sammyboy.com/legacy/stforumtemplate.html

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Straits Times "Letters to the Editor" template. Use the template below to compose your letter. The publication of your letter is guaranteed! All you need to do is to fill in the blanks. What could be simpler.[/FONT]

[SIZE=+1]Dear Editor of the Straits Times,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]I fully agree with the govt's stand on ______________.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The Singapore govt has led Singapore to become one of the most successful nations in the world. This would not have been possible without the leadership provided by the govt since independence.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Mr. __________, in a letter to your forum dated ________, said that we should allow more freedom and more political space in the area of_____________________. He also suggested that__________.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]I do not agree with him at all. Singapore's political situation is unique and to take a more liberal stand regarding____________ would be playing right into the hands of Singapore's enemies.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]We are very fortunate to have the PAP govt to lead the country through_____________. Without the PAP, Singapore would still be a fishing village.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]To Quote the Hon BG___________, Minister of ____________, Who stated...."_________________________". I agree with the Hon BG___________ 100%.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]We are lucky that we have people like him who are loyal and committed to Singapore.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Had he decided to go into the private sector, he would be earning a lot more. However, he was willing to make considerable sacrifices in order to be given the opportunity to lead Singapore.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Let us not be mislead by people like __________ who claim that Singaporeans have no political freedom. The fact that free and fair elections are held every few years shows that the country is democratic.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Ideas such as those proposed by ______________ should be nipped at the bud. To allow such ideas to take hold would cause the country to fall apart.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Singapore is my home and I have 100% faith in the govt to lead us through________________.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Let us all rally behind the govt. They have the interests of all Singaporeans at heart.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]TAN TU LAN.[/SIZE]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sam, the bit on fishing village sounds it was lifted from yours. Plagiarism or flattery? :p
Befitting sign off namesake Tan Tu Lan:cool:

Just another way of skinning the proverbial cat

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam, the bit on fishing village sounds it was lifted from yours. Plagiarism or flattery? :p
Befitting sign off namesake Tan Tu Lan:cool:

Just another way of skinning the proverbial cat
I can't possibly plagiarise my own stuff. I wrote that 12 years ago.

jw5

Loyal
So this is the template where Leongsam gets his one-liners from. Bookmarked. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it become obvious to me that lee wei ling and boss sam got one leg, if not he'd not be so protective of her with the SPH editors's thingy.

wahaha...lmfao.:biggrin::biggrin: