• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Can sinkies abuse Australia visa process?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point is all about Visa.

The motivation is the least of my concerns.

If you travel to Australia, stay for 2.5 months and then leave and come back after 10 days and stay for another 89 days, you will be stopped by the Aust immigration the 2nd time round and be asked to apply for a proper visa instead of the tourist visa.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Many sinkies are already buying properties overseas.

My point is if one can afford a house in OZ, he can treat OZ as a second home without having to worry about visas. You just need to do your quarterly visa run, and it looks like you can go on indefinitely.

With Thailand, the immigration will question your reason for coming so often, and if you are on tourist visa they will not let you stay beyond 180 days in a calendar year.

So who needs a retirement visa for OZ? As long as you are prepared to put up with the inconvenience of scooting every 3 months.

If you can afford a decent house in Australia you can definitely afford to buy residency in Thailand.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you travel to Australia, stay for 2.5 months and then leave and come back after 10 days and stay for another 89 days, you will be stopped by the Aust immigration the 2nd time round and be asked to apply for a proper visa instead of the tourist visa.
Isn't that against the spirit of the ETA I posted earlier ?

Isn't an ETA a proper visa ?

qq9dwaquT0eO8QEsYVq36Q.png

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

The have the right to question you on your motivation to travel there. It is their discretion to do so in order to uphold the integrity of their country.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can afford a decent house in Australia you can definitely afford to buy residency in Thailand.

It's not always about $.

I know some Sporean retirees who regularly visit Aust because they like it there. They don't like Thailand because of the humidity.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It's not always about $.

I know some Sporean retirees who regularly visit Aust because they like it there. They don't like Thailand because of the humidity.

Which part of Australia do they like. Australia's weather can be even harsher than Thailand's.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which part of Australia do they like. Australia's weather can be even harsher than Thailand's.

They like cities like Perth. Even during summers the weather can be milder than places like BKK.
The lower humidity is also a factor. Having a dry hot day is more tolerable than a hot humid day.

If you are a tourist, you get to chose when & where to visit in Australia.

I was looking at Pattaya because of the facilities & close proximity to the airport. Problem is that the weather can be uncomfortably hot.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least there are times in Australia when the weather is cold. Cold weather gives Sinkies that Angmoh feeling. Angmoh is the best !

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

The tourist visa allows multiple entries allowing stay of up to 3 months...but they will question you at the counters if you do this multiple trip staying for 89 days each time. If they are satisfied with your reasoning...good on you.

Long stay terms in Australia requires a different sort of visa.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tourist visa allows multiple entries allowing stay of up to 3 months...but they will question you at the counters if you do this multiple trip staying for 89 days each time. If they are satisfied with your reasoning...good on you.

Long stay terms in Australia requires a different sort of visa.
Thanks, Bobby. Your last sentence sums up this thread.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
At least there are times in Australia when the weather is cold. Cold weather gives Sinkies that Angmoh feeling. Angmoh is the best !

Not in Darwin. It's hotter and more humid than Sinkieland. Australia is a huge country. You have to be more specific.