• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Call to Reopen Sheares Bridge to Solve MCE Fiasco

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might as well go back to using Nicoll Highway. :rolleyes:

Singaporeans seem to be hell bent on living in the past.

Nobody would wanted to go back to the past if things actually got better. But the MCE just doesn't look promising. It used to work quite well for everybody using KPE -> ECP and over the Shears Bridge.

This is just another example of how the govt tried to "improve" things and end up making it worse.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can haolian about the 'engineering feat' mah.

xwIcKkC.gif

I really hate the smug look on their faces.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course it is. I actually used it last August while I was in Singapore. However, the traffic there is relatively light as the majority prefer to use Benjamin Sheares bridge.

If you want to go back in time, then Nicoll Highway should be made the primary route from the East Coast to town.

Can't we just carry on with Benjamin Sheares Bridge? What's the point of moving forward with defective products?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't we just carry on with Benjamin Sheares Bridge? What's the point of moving forward with defective products?

pride!
now you have perfectly working win xp pro.
now you lan jiao itchy upgrade to win 8 pro which got lot of nice feature which cost $299.
but win 8 will occasionally freeze and reboot by itself.
will you revert back to win xp and dump the $299 win 8 aside?

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The new expressway was never about easing traffic congestion or making sinkies lives easier....that's just the excuse.
The expressway is to enrich cronies and earn kickbacks.
Also free up prime real estate to realize 6.9 million vision.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pappy will soon "solve " the problem in the usual way-blame it on Singaporeans, build more ERP Gantries to fine them and increase the charges until it becomes too expensive to drive there for most.

This is a stock pap formula
-too many cars, increase COE pricing, ARF, road tax, ERP,.
-too many people taking cabs-increase cab fees
-too many applications for universities-increase school fees
-too many people going to see doctors-increase polyclinic/hospital fees

Why pay them the highest salaries in the world ?

Last edited: