• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cabinet Roll call 2011

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
"The new Education Minister will be newly-elected MP Mr Heng Swee Keat.

Newly elected Major-General Chan Chun Sing will be Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports as well as Minister of State for Information, Communication and the Arts."

Besides these 2 new faces, the rest of the Ministers ( excluding the 3 retired Ministers ) are all playing musical chairs. I concur with your statement.

Note also that CCS is only Acting Minister and not Minister.

Why is the point of having Ministers of State if they are not capable of being promoted to be Full Ministers?

To show that he has two-stars

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same question... What does those Minister of State for the various Ministry do???

I think 2nd Minister is like Deputy, MOS is like Assistant and PS is like Cadet. Only Minister and 2nd Minister are in Cabinet for policy decision-making. MOS and PS can then be assigned various level of tasks.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wah. This kind of deal who dounch want? Kena ostracised in public and hated, you get 300k. Do nothing, still get 150k. I rather 150k and no headache

Also, they remain on the boards of many GLCs, Stat boards, etc. collecting director fees.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah. This kind of deal who dounch want? Kena ostracised in public and hated, you get 300k. Do nothing, still get 150k. I rather 150k and no headache

Current salary $200k. Pension only $20k, not $100k (because the $200k was based on $40k pensionable and $160k non-pensionable).

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
now that TCH takes over home affairs & national securities, our boys in blue should be expected to perform guard duty & scheduled prowling duties liao. i cant imagine if they kena stand-to position in the estate, jialat, gotta run from 1 avenue (lorong) to the next avenue (lorong) haha.

KBW take over MND got good & bad, now, he can fulfill his unfulfilled wishes & build overpriced hospice resorts for our dwelling, pay installments until the day u die, or u relocate yourself across the causeway.

KS was stealing too much limelight & was impressive when he said that we r an island, not a country. so now, he's tasked to go abroad more often as foreign minister. maybe one day, he can become a foreigner.

y of all ppl was LTY picked for transport? simple, he got the bus driver face

Vivi burst the budget for YOG by 3 times, so now, they make him look after environment, hopefully he can help make the reservoirs overflow, so our ppl need not canoe in just reservoirs, but can have dragonboat race down orchard rd too. bring the competition to your doorstep!

CCS acting minister for MCYS, so he can conveniently kee chew & claim credit for the yet to begin building sports hub.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Current salary $200k. Pension only $20k, not $100k (because the $200k was based on $40k pensionable and $160k non-pensionable).

Hi, I am very interested in knowing where you get the calculation in terms of knowing that 40k is pensionable and $160K is not. Thats about 20% based on $200k salary.

jw5

Loyal
Tharman! Hormat senjata! :wink:

Khaw! Cepat Lari! :(

Vivian! Hentah Kaki Cepat Hentah! :o

Raymond! Keluar Baris! :biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am very interested in knowing where you get the calculation in terms of knowing that 40k is pensionable and $160K is not. Thats about 20% based on $200k salary.

Because the report said that pensionable component was frozen at 1991 level. Minister's salary about $40k then.