• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buying a house how far will you go?

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya, most of you would have bought or sold your house some time in the past. Was wondering if any of you can share some experience what you encounter that buyers or sellers will go through before buying or selling the property? I will start the ball rolling by sharing some of my own experience.

1) The supernatural factor : Of all this is the most odd for me. Was selling off my old unit in Yishun way back in the 90s. 1 buyer brought a young baby to see the house. At first I thought nothing of it maybe he could not find a babysitter or just wants to bring his kid along. All was as per normal until the baby started crying and suddenly he poped this question " Is your house haunted ? " . I was taken aback usually buyers would ask about the price, any facilities nearby like MRT, school, market etc..... I looked at him with the ARE YOU SERIOUS expression and he did not blink I mean come on this is a 3 room pigeon hole what ghost? So I told him no but somehow he was not convince. After he left my wife told me that that baby is used as a ghost detector :rolleyes:.

2) The Feng Shua factor : 1 time this buyer brought this Feng Shua master to see my house. Some of the stuff he say kind of makes me think is he really telling the truth. Let me share with you some of the comments.:eek:
a) Standard HDB window grills look like prison bars must remove and change to the flowery type if not you will feel like you are trapped in your own home and forever want to leave.
b) Remove the false ceiling because it will put a put an invisible force on your shoulders and you will feel forever tired and stress.
c) TV too close to the door and window the electro energy will draw roaming spirits and bad luck. Shift the TV and HIfi to the dinning area and move the dinning area to the kitchen.
d) Bathroom tiles all white like a morgue must change to other color.

Finally 3) The Ask Everybody Factor : After 1 month suddenly I got neighbors from upstairs, next door and a few floors down asking me if I had sold my unit. I mean I didn't even tell anybody how the heck did everybody find out. Later 1 of them told me that people have been knocking at their doors and asking them if my house got any problem like loanshark, structure, crappy neighbors etc.....

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
About the baby, yes, many asked me if my baby cried when we visited the place etc. I said he just slept thru. I don't think its about "ghost" but whether the kid "likes" the place or not.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... 1) The supernatural factor : ... suddenly he poped this question " Is your house haunted ? " ...
even if it is, which seller wil tel u? ...

feng shui can tel u sum tings dat u cant c or tink of n affect u psychologically wifout u even knowing it ...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie version buy HDB most important is go SERS potential bo? All other issues take a backseat....maybe a distant 2nd is check see if its owe ah long flat.

Private property must see got enbloc chance bo.....

Haunted or not no need scare....haunted can ask for 4D numbers even....heng heng Huat ah!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was browsing some property lately, cox was thinking of selling my apartment, 1000sqf with 2-3 bedrooms, 600k-700k condo you can get at Woodlands and Yishun.... 2nd cheapest is at Punggol and Tampines side at around 800k+

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will just go for under construction developer property... at least i will not be alone in facing the spirits.
It can be quite eerier sometimes especially if one were to buy a landed house in some remote corners... well... fortunately not many can afford to do that in Sinkieland hence it is not an issue.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
buy house? only few people could do that in SGP.

most have problem paying off their pigeonholes loans.

you don't even own it!! just pre-paid leasing!!!

who stays in the hole, must register with owner.

want to sell, must ask owner approval...

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
buy house? only few people could do that in SGP.

most have problem paying off their pigeonholes loans.

you don't even own it!! just pre-paid leasing!!!

Tuan,

Majority can pay if they buy within their means and would lave around 100k in their Cpf account. However, the past practice of getting back at age 55 of OUR Cpf money as legislated, is suka suka being increased to 65 and beyond. This is preposterous and infuriating to poorer citizens like us !:mad:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hiya, most of you would have bought or sold your house some time in the past. Was wondering if any of you can share some experience what you encounter that buyers or sellers will go through before buying or selling the property? I will start the ball rolling by sharing some of my own experience.

1) The supernatural factor : Of all this is the most odd for me. Was selling off my old unit in Yishun way back in the 90s. 1 buyer brought a young baby to see the house. At first I thought nothing of it maybe he could not find a babysitter or just wants to bring his kid along. All was as per normal until the baby started crying and suddenly he poped this question " Is your house haunted ? " . I was taken aback usually buyers would ask about the price, any facilities nearby like MRT, school, market etc..... I looked at him with the ARE YOU SERIOUS expression and he did not blink I mean come on this is a 3 room pigeon hole what ghost? So I told him no but somehow he was not convince. After he left my wife told me that that baby is used as a ghost detector :rolleyes:.

2) The Feng Shua factor : 1 time this buyer brought this Feng Shua master to see my house. Some of the stuff he say kind of makes me think is he really telling the truth. Let me share with you some of the comments.:eek:
a) Standard HDB window grills look like prison bars must remove and change to the flowery type if not you will feel like you are trapped in your own home and forever want to leave.
b) Remove the false ceiling because it will put a put an invisible force on your shoulders and you will feel forever tired and stress.
c) TV too close to the door and window the electro energy will draw roaming spirits and bad luck. Shift the TV and HIfi to the dinning area and move the dinning area to the kitchen.
d) Bathroom tiles all white like a morgue must change to other color.

Finally 3) The Ask Everybody Factor : After 1 month suddenly I got neighbors from upstairs, next door and a few floors down asking me if I had sold my unit. I mean I didn't even tell anybody how the heck did everybody find out. Later 1 of them told me that people have been knocking at their doors and asking them if my house got any problem like loanshark, structure, crappy neighbors etc.....

My thoughts as follow:

1. Baby as "ghost detector"I find it very amusing.
2a If you have not paid off your loan, you will feel this way, grille or no grille.
2b. Force ceiling mades the place looks smaller than it should be hence, the trapped feeling, when actually it means smaller area, like living in a cage.
2c. TV too close to windows or doors, will draw your neighbours, calling you a nuisance, becuase it is too noisy and loud.
2d. All the units in the block are with while tiles, so you are not the one with the morgue.

3. Not only that, but they also want to find out what price you sold for?. So they can tell their property agents, Unit XX-XX sold for this, should get better price or COV than what the agent are recommending.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought 5 properties in the last 3 years. Never even once considered all the ghost, haunted, Ah Long nonsense. Just Location, Location, Location.

Once you have Great Location, everything else falls into place. :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those buyer have baby or children under 3 year old best s to bring together to view the house.
Baby very sensitive. And if after buy later baby keep crying and sick that even worst. If baby happy then GOOD.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For those buyer have baby or children under 3 year old best s to bring together to view the house.
Baby very sensitive. And if after buy later baby keep crying and sick that even worst. If baby happy then GOOD.
Seems very much you are coming from an old school of thoughts bro; cos many people then actually do it..:smile:

Marmoset

baby is used as a ghost detector :rolleyes:.

1 time this buyer brought this Feng Shua master to see my house.

Tua yee long fav place then must zhao. My friend was into this Feng Shui thing since his NS days. He had magazines of Feng Shui.

Ghost detection? May be needful to know.