• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Business failed and landed heavily in debt - is a 2nd chance ever possible?

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been a tough time for me after failing in my business venture 3 years back and having landed myself in about 300k worth of debt to banks, suppliers, contractors and relatives. Being your own boss is tough and often lonely. I started out on my own when I was 31 and had no proper mentors to guide /nurture me. Nobody really cares how crazy your life could get. Most folks naively reckon that being a boss means having plenty of personal time and financial freedom.

Eventually I plucked up the courage to cut my losses and return to being a salaried worker to service my debts. All this while I faced everything by myself with no support whatsoever. Even my loved ones could not understand why my debts were so complicated and just can't seem to lessen despite my regular repayments. I'm often left with a few hundred dollars for food and transport. I can't afford to go on overseas holidays ; I also couldn't bring my family out for a decent meal at a zi char stall.

When my parents quizzed me about the outstanding sums owed and when I would able to pay back this auntie or that uncle in full, I was completely at a loss with no definitive answers. Back in my mind I thought to myself, I never once splurged on any items of extreme luxury, neither do I risk my monies on 4D betting or Toto purchases; in fact I religiously transfer almost my entire paycheck received each month to the respective accounts of my creditors. Although these tough times really moulded me into a much more mature and intelligent being, (at least I believe this is how both my new employer and colleagues perceive myself) I really do not know when I would be able to start on an entirely clean slate. I kept reminding myself to remain composed and not get emotionally affected by nasty comments from my loved ones. They probably thought I had secretly stashed away some cash and thus could not expeditiously repay relatives who had assisted me financially.

More at https://shrtcô.de/Pi9LNI

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Start small and grow from there lah.. Start business no need so much money one.. Many new generation start their biz online first.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many make the mistake of starting a business without gaining the necessary experience in the sector first
Its better to work in the relevant areas where in the first few years you are actually learning whilst working ,gain the necessary connections and discover who are the bad apples or credit risk.
I would say 3 to 5 years working experience in an industry before you should start a business in the same sector-if you cannot even last that long working in a particular industry , how to survive as an startup there ?