• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Burmese Chiobu Jalan Jalan with you!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sanctioned by US pushed the country into poverty for a long time. Where there were no petrol pump stations and petrol were sold in jelly cans...

Asian countries need to take control of their own futures and with power China and Russia today they don't have to suffer from mad drunk fat beer belly bastatd angmoh US anymore....

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The military in Burma is not used to be ordered around and losing control to civilian gomen. What they need is a sort of autonomy, say 10% -20% of budget go to the military. Otherwise, Burma will not work as a democracy if civilian gomen give less than they require.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Viets are exotic and can be really hot… Burmese looks like orang asli

That's because the Frenchie colonial masters had injected their superior genes into the general Viet population over a long period of time.

Just like this Hongkie, who got her superior genes from the Portuguese. That's how you get the much-coveted 'Pan-Asian' look.

Michelle-Reis.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Reis

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have worked almost my whole life with Burmese. They are very friendly people but tends to be less ambitious. They like to take things their own time. A man at 30s, then is considered a adult. I learned one most important thing from Burmese is, save enough then you buy. Without loans, you got no headaches however you will always miss the boat.

When handphones were first introduced in Burma, it cost USD4000/- for a sim card. Those that can hold a handphone are only the rich ones. If you need to buy a house, apartment or a car, you need to get a third party that stands between the buyer & seller to count all the money in gunny sacks. Yes, in gunny sacks containing Burmese kyats.

A Japanese couple who came to Burma to work in the 1990 who bought a old Toyota car for USD20,000 managed to sell it back for USD20,000 when they left for Japan in 2010. Is it not incredible. It only happens in Burma.

One thing I observed whenever, a whole family leaves the house, they always switch off the main breaker. I ask how about the refrigerator, why not leave it running, most reply is that the refrigerator is either empty or for storing dried foods items. They are worried of power surge that can cause damage to their electrical equipment.

Those 1990 days, official exchange rate is 1 USD = 7 kyats, in the black market is 1 USD = around 130 kyats. Today rate is 1 USD = 2600 kyats above

Also one very interesting thing I found out, most man in their longhi (or called sarong) don't wear underwear.

Burma is an amazing country, but had been screwed up by the military all these years. It requires a lady Aung San Su Kyi to finally stand up to lead them to a short live democracy.

Hope the new generation of freedom fighters can free the country from the hands of the cruel generals.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's because the Frenchie colonial masters had injected their superior genes into the general Viet population over a long period of time.

Just like this Hongkie, who got her superior genes from the Portuguese. That's how you get the much-coveted 'Pan-Asian' look.

Michelle-Reis.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Reis
In that case, the Brits dint do a good job injecting their seeds into the Burmese population