• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Burger King investigates busno64 hoax post

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
alking1.jpg

Fast-food chain Burger King Singapore felt there was a need to clear its name after a user's forum post on one of its staff went viral.

The post on Jan 8 lashed out at a Filipino shift manager at one of Burger King's outlets at Tampines North Community Club, claiming the manager had showed his unhappiness when a crew member asked for leave to go for reservist mobilisation.

According to the post, the Filipino manager had said that employing male Singaporeans was very troublesome as they needed to go for army duties, so it was "best not to employ them".

Burger King Singapore immediately investigated and clarified that there was no Filipino manager on duty that day, and that the manager on duty was a Singaporean male.

More in The New Paper on Thursday (Jan 19).

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lan eh... Even the New Paper is interested in this incident.. Bro Bus64 now very famous liao.. :biggrin: :eek:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lan eh... Even the New Paper is interested in this incident.. Bro Bus64 now very famous liao.. :biggrin: :eek:

So famous until runroad. Want his autograph also don't know where to look for him. Sammyboy also tiok phoon. Also famous. Win-win for everyone involved. Even for BK coz they acted speedily and was upfront with their internal investigation.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is a forum like this considered public or private domain?

I think this is a grey area. It is private because only registered members can post things. It is a public domain because anyone can register. So, in the eyes of the legal people, is it public or private?

Sam? What say your legal advisors?

Cheers!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is a forum like this considered public or private domain?

I think this is a grey area. It is private because only registered members can post things. It is a public domain because anyone can register. So, in the eyes of the legal people, is it public or private?

Sam? What say your legal advisors?

Cheers!

The people here are certified by the good people at Buangkok Shady Home, SINgapore, what legal thing, you need to know about? If I were the Franchise holder of BK, I would ignore the post, unless they have 'skeletons' in their cupboards and are employing many pinoys & pinays that they don't wish people to know about. If you have not told a lie, why worry?

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The people here are certified by the good people at Buangkok Shady Home, SINgapore, what legal thing, you need to know about? If I were the Franchise holder of BK, I would ignore the post, unless they have 'skeletons' in their cupboards and are employing many pinoys & pinays that they don't wish people to know about. If you have not told a lie, why worry?

If I were someone in public office, or public profile, I would ignore these posts too. Reacting would only add fuel to the fire. But Booger King did not. Whether BK did so because of concern for reservists, or public sentiment, I suppose is not in my interest. But the fact they did, means that public is paying attention to Sammyboy's gag forum, or at least that's what I've come to see this forum as, a coffee shop for Sg yakkers wherever they might be. Convenient place to talk cock, tease celebrities, condemn authority, and have a good laugh - without worry of Big Brother snooping.

Me, no, I have not told a lie. I could've passed on a "lie" which I heard from someone else though.

Cheers!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I were someone in public office, or public profile, I would ignore these posts too. Reacting would only add fuel to the fire. But Booger King did not. Whether BK did so because of concern for reservists, or public sentiment, I suppose is not in my interest. But the fact they did, means that public is paying attention to Sammyboy's gag forum, or at least that's what I've come to see this forum as, a coffee shop for Sg yakkers wherever they might be. Convenient place to talk cock, tease celebrities, condemn authority, and have a good laugh - without worry of Big Brother snooping.

Me, no, I have not told a lie. I could've passed on a "lie" which I heard from someone else though.

Cheers!

For the Franchise holders of BK to respond, makes it even more suspicious that, they have a lot to hide or someone had struck the target & it smarts. Just like a certain $2 stores, if one happen to visit is staff entire by Filipinoes, what happened to local employment, what is the local labour movement doing about this? Soon, we will have establishments that will be void of local employees, where the foreign workers have more spending power than the locals, are we going to allow this? This what BK is trying to hide, that they have a large pool of FT's & they are doing it the wrong way, by drawing attention to themselves.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the Franchise holders of BK to respond, makes it even more suspicious that, they have a lot to hide or someone had struck the target & it smarts. Just like a certain $2 stores, if one happen to visit is staff entire by Filipinoes, what happened to local employment, what is the local labour movement doing about this? Soon, we will have establishments that will be void of local employees, where the foreign workers have more spending power than the locals, are we going to allow this? This what BK is trying to hide, that they have a large pool of FT's & they are doing it the wrong way, by drawing attention to themselves.

Whether I patronise a place or not is not whether they hire foreigners or not, it is how I am served/ treated by their staff. If these places want to attract locals (workers), the gahmen needs to implement a minimum wage rate - and that will make Peesai unattractive in other areas. This is an Sg dilemma.

On the local employment thing, there are many other factors involved. One is that young locals are quite well qualified and are picky on the jobs they select. I do not blame foreigners for wanting to work in Sg., it is much better than the conditions in their native land.

As for BK, it is not my choice, none of them fast food places are. It is expensive, not as many choices as their main competitor, and it sucks.

I recently recommended a place (Smokey's BBQ) which I retract now - because they're more attentive to Caucasian patrons. One of the reasons is probably the white patrons consume more beer there, while I would only drink one beer there and save the rest to be consumed at the neighbourhood kopitiam. I'll have my ribs elswhere now, if not smoke them myself.

Cheers!

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

If you're an office-holder or someone prominent in the society and you ignore these baseless allegations, people might think that it is true. The same goes for companies or businesses like BK. If BK doesn't take action to refute these allegations, its reputation will suffer. Already, even the air was cleared, there were people talking about boycotting BK. I think BK should sue this bus64 person. It will be a warning to forummers who think that they can get away with posting nonsense and lies irresponsibly.

Oh and by the way, passing on information from other sources does not make you any less culpable if the information is slanderous.

Last edited: