• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Timah ponding

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there is an even more critical issue than the flooding. These drains empty out into the Marina Barrage.
And Marina Barrage is a containment that is used for your taps supply. You drink that Kopi coloured water?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think there is an even more critical issue than the flooding. These drains empty out into the Marina Barrage.
And Marina Barrage is a containment that is used for your taps supply. You drink that Kopi coloured water?

I think we are way past the point of showing concern for the colour of the drinking water. :biggrin:

10080q000000gbm2g3C9F.jpg

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just like in the good old days. :inlove:
Lol....30 years ago we would alight from bus 154 along the same stretch when it rained and flooded, remove our shoes and socks, roll up our pants and wade a few hundred meters to the next bus stop hoping some other bus will come from somewhere.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we are way past the point of showing concern for the colour of the drinking water. :biggrin:
Imagine all the bangla, pundeks, chinamen, myanmar, ahbengs
all spit out their phlegms blow their noses and some even urinate along the backstreets of little india.
You end up drinking it.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's a terrible day for Bukit Timah. Our thoughts and prayers to the residents of Bukit Timah. We thought the floods would destroy our homes and sweep away our cars. Our grassroots adviser and grassroots leaders has been on the ground to assist the residents.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
@ 1:05 can see the storm drain is full! Overflowing!

This is like having the river overflowing.

Are such occurrences becoming common? Looks like need wider deeper drains now. Or will it even make a difference if the outflow tract to the sea is also flooded?

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Along the road houses are mid-ses. Lowest point, flood-prone, noise-prone, less privacy but what to do, they rely on public transport.

The further in you are from the dunearn road, the higher and dryer. Literally and figuratively more atas. These are the 1 car per adult kind of household.