• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok coffeshsop sold for $31 Million

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's for Long term investment. Whatever that means, just like Temasick.

Either above, or a bowl of fish ball noodles with micro-sized, lonely fishball is going to cost $5 to $10 a bowl not bigger than your appetiser serving.

Lockheed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another one going to pah-bung (swat files). Good luck.

No one is going to succumb to high rentals and food prices. People will cook and eat at home or tah-pow from elsewhere.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another one going to pah-bung (swat files). Good luck.

No one is going to succumb to high rentals and food prices. People will cook and eat at home or tah-pow from elsewhere.

Bukit Batok estate is one of the poorer estates, people really poor there.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's for Long term investment. Whatever that means, just like Temasick.

Either above, or a bowl of fish ball noodles with micro-sized, lonely fishball is going to cost $5 to $10 a bowl not bigger than your appetiser serving.

Must collect $37,000 rent per month to break even for 70 years. Very risky, what if the place sers 30 years down the road?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
B.B is v close to Jurong East (interchange), not to forget the HSR.
New flats in BB area, CCK and international sch are coming along the way.

Singapore is like a theme park. :p

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably a left pocket out right pocket in transaction.

Dont underestimate the trickery of the rich.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Must collect $37,000 rent per month to break even for 70 years. Very risky, what if the place sers 30 years down the road?

The plan is to do coffeeshop business for about 10-20 years. After that, sell the coffeeshop to the next sucker for a higher price. I did that with some shop units years ago. Made myself a tidy profit and collected nice rental income for a few years. You should try it.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
either the stall vendors jack up the price of their food or price remain the same but portions reduced significantly.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
either the stall vendors jack up the price of their food or price remain the same but portions reduced significantly.

I would advise hawkers or my tenants against profiteering. Low caste people should content themselves to make an honest, noble living.

Lockheed

Alfrescian
Loyal
The plan is to do coffeeshop business for about 10-20 years. After that, sell the coffeeshop to the next sucker for a higher price. I did that with some shop units years ago. Made myself a tidy profit and collected nice rental income for a few years. You should try it.

That new owner will keep looking for a buyer for the next 10-20 years. :biggrin:

Lockheed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Either way hawkers will still pah-bung.

It's not just about affordability but savings. Assuming that a person or family spends an addition $2 a day by patronizing that kopitiam. Adds up to around $650 a year. With this savings they can buy birthday presents or a high end smartphone.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's laundering it doesn't work the way you stated using pay back periods. The rental will be way higher + sell to next buyer who also wash, total sum of rental + sell will be more sgd31million.

Notice in some coffee shops, a few stall are under one franchise? And the coffee shop bids keeps going up and up?

Game of mah-jong with higher and higher stakes to roll the incoming money.

I guess only:o

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's too conservative estimate.
Already reported the rentals doubled to $6.5k per stall and some bigger stalls like Zhi Char usually pay more....they got 19 stalls. Minimum can collect over 100k and not forgetting they will man the beverage selling drinks which is the most profitable and also likely Chang Cheng Econ rice will be the anchor tenant.
If can't break even just increase rental and prices. Sinkie like to pay and pay without complaints

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chang cheng has other Brands under its umbrella - zup chai Peng, Zhi char, roast duck, western food - there is no issue if not affording the rental. They jus need to jack up the selling price.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already reported the rentals doubled to $6.5k per stall and some bigger stalls like Zhi Char usually pay more....they got 19 stalls. Minimum can collect over 100k and not forgetting they will man the beverage selling drinks which is the most profitable and also likely Chang Cheng Econ rice will be the anchor tenant.
If can't break even just increase rental and prices. Sinkie like to pay and pay without complaints

OK I haven't gone to count the stalls there, will visit and count and do an estimation, looks like current owner also big player, probably cash out now for future 20 years rental and move up the property ladder.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

...2 Zhi char stall will probably collect min. 15k each...I guess
The rest of the stall average about 4-5k...I guess

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...2 Zhi char stall will probably collect min. 15k each...I guess
The rest of the stall average about 4-5k...I guess

The report said stalls rentals JUST doubled to $6.5k means previous average was $3.25k?
Wtf like this prices also double or you get half portions from now?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chang cheng has other Brands under its umbrella - zup chai Peng, Zhi char, roast duck, western food - there is no issue if not affording the rental. They jus need to jack up the selling price.

The Phua family own 3 Semi detach houses Teacher's Estate, bought the land rent to AW opposite Thomson CC for $650 thousand way back 1987, sold for $46 million very good investment, he also own some petrol kioks along Mandai Rd Nee Soon Junction...just wonder if the oldman is still alive.