• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Budget 2014 is about hope and opportunities: Heng Swee Keat

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Education Minister Heng Swee Keat said on Saturday that Budget 2014 “is all about Hope and Opportunities for the future”.

In a Facebook post, Mr Heng said many key measures in the Budget are aimed at creating quality jobs and providing opportunities and help for Singaporeans.

He said students in the Polytechnics, ITE and universities -- who are from as many as two thirds of all Singaporean households -- will be able to qualify for bursaries of increased amounts.

It seems there is still hope for sinkies. Why not abolish totally tuition grants for foreign students? It is just total waste of our money and resources. Give tuition grants to deserving local born sinkies only, excluding those new citizens imported from other countries.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... many key measures in the Budget are aimed at creating quality jobs and providing opportunities and help for Singaporeans ...
dun dey feel tired repeating same garbage? ... create quality jobs 4 sinkies? ... dey stil tink sinkies wil stil believe dem? ...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things you didn't know about the 2014 Budget - PMO edition
The budget for the Prime Minister's office has now risen to $450.8 million. As early as 2012, the budget was at $281.8 million, an astounding increase of $169 million or 60% in a mere 2 years!! Well, what does $450.8 million get the taxpayers of Singapore?

1 X Prime Minister of the pink shirt variety
4 X Ministers. Yes, I had to do a double take when I saw that. 4 ministers? Holy cow.
1 X Senior Minister of State.
The salary for just these 6 bozos is $14.7 million!! Or almost 10% of the entire salary budget for all the other employees in the PMO.

-Perm staff has grown from 792 in 2012 to 985.
-The CPIB staff has grown from 87 in 2012 to 137, I guess they figure now that corruption is a bigger issue than they thought?
-The PMO is going to be spending $23.4 million to upgrade Changi Aloha. WTF? Are these the chalets in Changi they are talking about? Why are they the responsibility of the PMO? Is Gay Loong using them for his tupperware parties with other drag queens?
- There is apparently a department in the PMO called the National Climate Change Secretariat. I am not sure what they can do about the climate change. I am sure that since Global Warming is a given fact now, sea levels will rise and it will get hotter. I am sure there is nothing new that cannot be gleaned from a few subsciptions to National Geographic or from the internet, and given our small square area there is nothing much we can do, but these yobos have a budget of $15.1 million.
- The ever popular FT integration department, aka National Population and Talent Division gets a budget of $40.77 million.
- And with the recent cutbacks in school budgets (forcing some schools to use fans instead of aircons in their classrooms), the PMO suddenly realised that they should not have to do with fans and instead are installing $2.15 million worth of chillers for the Istana.
-Not to be outdone, the CPIB has embarked on a $9 million office renovation. Wow. $9 million worth of reno for 137 people. Gold plated toilet sinks? Are these CPIB personnel not supposed to go out there to hunt down corrupted people, with this reno, you will have to use dynamite to blast them from their office.
- Coupled with this, CPIB is spending $8.5 million on a Anti-Graft Enforcement and Knowledge Tool. I don't know what the hell this is. But if you work for these people, are you not already supposed to be knowledgeable about anti graft measures?
- Its interesting that Transparency International rankings are used as a Performance Indicator in the PMO. But than when the TI ranking is bad against SIngapore, you have stupid ministers coming out and criticizing it.​

<!-- edit note -->
Last edited by Papsmearer; Today at 06:55 PM.​