• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhisum vs Christianity

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm sure ppl reading my debate between christain and a Buddhist . I have to give thumps upz for some buddist brothers here . ( of course must also give thump upz for some Christians brother ) . Overall I think that majority of Buddhist brother here are very patience by trying to use logic to prove their point . Unlike some Christians freak who keep on running around in circles without give u any logic reply .. What say you ?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
end of the day.....................the ''no-self concept'' proves which is false.............for ages, Western philosophers and people from other religions can't argue against the no-self concept...............

today, psychologists and psychiatrists said the ''no-self concept'' helps them to better understand their mental patients.................

crazy people or schizos are the best proof that there's no permanent self/soul...................

that's why you see in the news quiet, gentle people become mass murderers.................and gangsters can change completely in prison..................people are just streams of thoughts that are ever-changing...................

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
end of the day.....................the ''no-self concept'' proves which is false.............for ages, Western philosophers and people from other religions can't argue against the no-self concept...............

today, psychologists and psychiatrists said the ''no-self concept'' helps them to better understand their mental patients.................

crazy people or schizos are the best proof that there's no permanent self/soul...................

that's why you see in the news quiet, gentle people become mass murderers.................and gangsters can change completely in prison..................people are just streams of thoughts that are ever-changing...................

"that's why you see in the news quiet, gentle people become mass murderers.................and gangsters can change completely in prison..................people are just streams of thoughts that are ever-changing...................

I always believe a human will change according to the environment , his age and their friends around them . So I think this is normal . Can u explain more on " no self concept " ?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...people are just streams of thoughts that are ever-changing...

And thoughts are energy. If you project evil thoughts, there will be an opposite and equal reaction. Vice versa. And people say they don't believe in kamma.

The kamma that I believe in is a kamma that is stripped of all concepts of self. If there is no self in actual fact and reality, then there is no self that reincarnates and therefore there is not such a thing as reincarnation, and consequently there is not such a thing as retribution.

The only tangible things linking one life to the next life are memories and habits, which are thought energy. Energy dissipates and memories fade, which is why most of us don't consciously remember our past lives as adults. We can't even remember what we did exactly one year ago.

From thoughts come speech and bodily actions... that's how powerful thoughts are!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And thoughts are energy. If you project evil thoughts, there will be an opposite and equal reaction. Vice versa. And people say they don't believe in kamma.

The kamma that I believe in is a kamma that is stripped of all concepts of self. If there is no self in actual fact and reality, then there is no self that reincarnates and therefore there is not such a thing as reincarnation, and consequently there is not such a thing as retribution.

The only tangible things linking one life to the next life are memories and habits, which are thought energy. Energy dissipates and memories fade, which is why most of us don't consciously remember our past lives as adults. We can't even remember what we did exactly one year ago.

From thoughts come speech and bodily actions... that's how powerful thoughts are!

" From thoughts come speech and bodily actions... that's how powerful thoughts are "

I agree with u .. Everything start from thoughts .