• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism has a lifespan of 5000 years

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just like extreme islamists who believe their deeds are justified, extreme atheists also think that they are right while everybody else is wrong - to the extent of using science to justify their points.

An interesting observation here is the similarity between religious fanatics and non-religious fanatics, where both groups go to great measure to try and convert others to their camp :eek:

Imagine_atheism.jpg

can apple and orange be the same although they are called fruits ? the problem with religious freaks during debate of their invisible man is when they cant show any prove that their invisbleman exists , they will try to label atheists and religious ppl as " same " . thats the best thing they could do :wink: science is misunderstood because of ignorance. it's not the end-all product that contains only truth. science is the endeavor to discover truth as it exists and not as we would wish to be. it is discovery and new ideas and logical/factual debate. Because it is so poorly understood, people often believes misinterpretations of it to reinforce their counterfactual worldview.

ps: so where does atheists wants to convert people to ? which temple ? which church ? which organisation ? do they share the same prayer ? does atheists collect money and promise heaven ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Enlightening!!! Politicians are extreme atheists. They also use scare-mongering to justify themselves.

thats the opposite ..most politicans use religion to control ppl :wink: ..you can find that in the muslim world :wink: . religion use fear of god to control ppl just like politicians . now start thinking about your faith :wink: . they keyword for today lesson is fear :smile:

ps : When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow.. those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is .

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not All Things Can Be Justified Using Science

pentecost.jpg

Just like extreme islamists who believe their deeds are justified, extreme atheists also think that they are right while everybody else is wrong - to the extent of using science to justify their points.

The reason is obvious as certain things cannot be quantified or measured like a spirit. Someone made a device to read the measurement of man when he was living and dead. They actually found a small difference in weight. Infra-red camera was also used to capture the change or 'transformation'.

There's little one can prove anything beyond one's ability to prove. So, I speak in a strange (foreign) tongue (language). This was also the reason I became interested with various languages of the world and I accidentally stumbled upon the genetic make up of a human being.

Speaking in tongues is actually a must and it cannot be proven with science. Speaking in tongues is NOT an inaudible language but a 100% human language ! It can be understood by others who know this language !

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Not All Things Can Be Justified Using Science

pentecost.jpg

The reason is obvious as certain things cannot be quantified or measured like a spirit. Someone made a device to read the measurement of man when he was living and dead. They actually found a small difference in weight. Infra-red camera was also used to capture the change or 'transformation'.

There's little one can prove anything beyond one's ability to prove. So, I speak in a strange (foreign) tongue (language). This was also the reason I became interested with various languages of the world and I accidentally stumbled upon the genetic make up of a human being.

Speaking in tongues is actually a must and it cannot be proven with science. Speaking in tongues is NOT an inaudible language but a 100% human language ! It can be understood by others who know this language !

how to measure when theres no spirit in the first place ? speaking in tongues ? whahahaha ... Not only is it fake, it is some of the dumbest crap I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. temporary insanity brought about by belief in imaginary friends 90% It's just a way to "show up" your fellow parishoners, to show "hey, I'm filled with the Holy Spirit and you're not". the other 10% is delusion brought on by religious hysteria. i've even seen deaf mutes "speak" in tongues with their hands

the measuring of soul myth already debunked :wink: http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Not All Things Can Be Justified Using Science

double post

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the final page of Steve Jobs:

One sunny afternoon, when he wasn’t feeling well, Jobs sat in the garden behind his house and reflected on death. He talked about his experiences in India almost four decades earlier, his study of Buddhism, and his views on reincarnation and spiritual transcendence. “I’m about fifty-fifty on believing in God,” he said. “For most of my life, I’ve felt that there must be more to our existence than meets the eye.”

He admitted that, as he faced death, he might be overestimating the odds out of a desire to believe in an afterlife. “I like to think that something survives after you die,” he said. “It’s strange to think that you accumulate all this experience, and maybe a little wisdom, and it just goes away.

So I really want to believe that something survives, that maybe your consciousness endures.”

He fell silent for a very long time. “But on the other hand, perhaps it’s like an on-off switch,” he said. “Click! And you’re gone.”

Then he paused again and smiled slightly. “Maybe that’s why I never liked to put on-off switches on Apple devices.”

Steve-Jobs-1955-2011.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the final page of Steve Jobs:

One sunny afternoon, when he wasn’t feeling well, Jobs sat in the garden behind his house and reflected on death. He talked about his experiences in India almost four decades earlier, his study of Buddhism, and his views on reincarnation and spiritual transcendence. “I’m about fifty-fifty on believing in God,” he said. “For most of my life, I’ve felt that there must be more to our existence than meets the eye.”

He admitted that, as he faced death, he might be overestimating the odds out of a desire to believe in an afterlife. “I like to think that something survives after you die,” he said. “It’s strange to think that you accumulate all this experience, and maybe a little wisdom, and it just goes away.

So I really want to believe that something survives, that maybe your consciousness endures.”

He fell silent for a very long time. “But on the other hand, perhaps it’s like an on-off switch,” he said. “Click! And you’re gone.”

Then he paused again and smiled slightly. “Maybe that’s why I never liked to put on-off switches on Apple devices.”

Steve-Jobs-1955-2011.jpg

his apple phone also got lots of faults :wink: by the way who cares if he believe in god anot ? if he believe does it mean its true ? :wink:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
S1E1: Through the Wormhole: Is there a Creator?

The Science of God in "Through the Wormhole: Is there a Creator?" Enjoy.

[video=youtube;EpujTp21cmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpujTp21cmk[/video]
[video=youtube;m86edsAjHRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86edsAjHRU[/video]
[video=youtube;b_Nfbbt5kQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Nfbbt5kQM[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: S1E1: Through the Wormhole: Is there a Creator?

you are using irreverent example from apple product to Wormhole ...so when are you going to use UFO , alien for example ? :wink: try harder dude :wink:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

For those who are genuinely interested in the science of Karma, check out these 4 papers relating to retrocausality for a start.

David Thomas, P., 2008. Retrocausality and quantum mechanics. Studies In History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies In History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, 39(4), pp.830-840.

Lawrence S., S., 2008. Influence of the future. Studies In History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies In History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, 39(4), pp.819-829.

Huw, P., 2008. Toy models for retrocausality. Studies In History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies In History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, 39(4), pp.752-761.

Roderick Ian, S., 2008. Causally symmetric Bohm model. Studies In History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies In History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, 39(4), pp.782-805.

PDF of papers here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yr6om6de1mbdmfd

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Delusion ppl love to mix science with religion ..to justify their stupidity . Karma is not science , science is not karma . :wink:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
S1E7: What are we made of?

For the open-minded ones. The science behind "Form is Emptiness, Emptiness is form".

[video=youtube;d47TZ89-RhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47TZ89-RhQ[/video]