• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brouhaha surrounding surcharge imposed for extra empty bowl: Stall owner told John Ong to go jiak sai

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1665933346092.png

Singaporean John Ong visited an eatery at Blk 10 North Beach Road, where he ordered fried rice for his children. He asked for an extra bowl to divide the rice amongst his kids. He was taken aback when the stallowner asked him to pay for an empty bowl. Besides, the stall didn’t state that customers can only order one portion or can’t ask for an extra bowl.

John tried to explain to the stallowner but after some back and forth, it turned into a very unpleasant experience. It got so bad he wanted to cancel the order and not eat it anymore. This triggered the stallowner, who then ask him to “eat shit”.

More at http://fy9.ln/QHP5PS

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone knows if hawker stalls get charged by cleaning companies based on the number of plates collected?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Always bring disposable bowls, plates and cutleries with you when outing with kids. Problem solve. Hawker happy, you happy. No squabbling.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 165074

Singaporean John Ong visited an eatery at Blk 10 North Beach Road, where he ordered fried rice for his children. He asked for an extra bowl to divide the rice amongst his kids. He was taken aback when the stallowner asked him to pay for an empty bowl. Besides, the stall didn’t state that customers can only order one portion or can’t ask for an extra bowl.

John tried to explain to the stallowner but after some back and forth, it turned into a very unpleasant experience. It got so bad he wanted to cancel the order and not eat it anymore. This triggered the stallowner, who then ask him to “eat shit”.

More at https://shrtcô.de/Gxo3Rm
Does the stall charge for table sitting? What about charging for extra fork n spoons if u happened to drop them!

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the stall charge for table sitting? What about charging for extra fork n spoons if u happened to drop them!

WTFF

KNN the fcuking ckt stall in bitch rd, oops, Beach Rd food ctr allow only one pair chopstick.
You cannot take extra KNN KNN Puiii.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies need to get squeezed left and right to wake up to how entitled they are to cheap makan and underpaid cleaners wiping their arses and changing their diapers the last 69 years.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why donch John Ong stay home and fry his own rice for his precious chewren instead....he can wash up all the bowls they use up.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose the business would prefer to recover their costs.
Decades ago, when our children were infants or toddlers, the hawker centres and food courts charged us 10 cents for some hot water, when we visited Singapore. Whereas in Toronto, we were able to obtain complimentary hot water.
I also noticed that n Singapore, most of the food vendors do not provide or give out napkins.

Last edited:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I would bring outside food to eat at the hawker centre with friends. I would walked over to the stalls on the other side and just take their chopsticks, spoons or bowls and walked off. If they ask, then I would say my friend bought the food and we are sharing. No issue at all.