• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brother Covid Finally Visiting Boss Leongsam in New Zealand

AhΜeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Zealand confirms first COVID-19 case

View of the skyline in Auckland in New Zealand. (Photo: AFP/Gabriel Bouys)
28 Feb 2020 02:16PM (Updated: 28 Feb 2020 02:20PM)

WELLINGTON: New Zealand confirmed its first coronavirus case Friday (Feb 28), saying a recent arrival from Iran who travelled to Auckland via Bali had tested positive.

Health officials said the person, aged in their 60s, was being treated in Auckland City Hospital.

"They are in an improving condition in isolation, in a negative pressure room to prevent any spread of the disease," the health department said in a statement.
Officials said the person, reportedly a female New Zealand citizen, arrived in Auckland on Wednesday and family members went to the hospital after becoming concerned about the individual's condition.

The officials urged any passengers on Wednesday's final leg of the Emirates airline journey, which goes from Bali to Auckland, to contact authorities if they were concerned.

However, authorities downplayed the risk to the public saying the situation was being well managed.

"Although we have our first case of COVID-19, the chances of community outbreak remain low," the statement said.

Earlier, Health Minister David Clark said New Zealand was introducing strict travel bans on arrivals from Iran similar to those already imposed on arrivals from China.

He said the action was taken after a spike in infections in Iran, where the virus has killed 26 people, the highest death toll outside China - and because of the unreliable information coming out of the Islamic republic.

"Obviously this situation in Iran is concerning, there is ongoing spread of the disease there and a large degree of uncertainty about the scale of the outbreak and the ability to contain it," he told reporters.

"The information that's coming out of Iran appears to be out of step with what's coming out of other countries in terms of the death rate per incidence."

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm pretty sure it was my friend who works in the airport that was the first victim and I was probably the second. However both of us recovered fully without the need to be treated so we were never tested. This is the first time since I moved to the Southern hemisphere that I have been sick in the summer months so it had to be a bug that was not part of the usual seasonal pattern.

This occurred earlier in the year when there were still plane loads of Chinese tourists arriving on a daily basis.

The stats only capture the serious cases where breathing is compromised. For the vast majority the corona virus is just a mild infection like the common cold. In fact the corona virus IS the common cold. The only difference is that this one looks different genetically so everyone is over reacting.

Focus

Alfrescian
Loyal
NZ now

ER2bWnoUYAAsTz_

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
High fucking time! NZ is finally on the scoreboard. Truly the beginning of the end, take care boss!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
High fucking time! NZ is finally on the scoreboard. Truly the beginning of the end, take care boss!

Unlike the situation that Singaporeans face I have options. There are so many small isolated towns in NZ where one can "siam". :smile:

AhΜeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlike the situation that Singaporeans face I have options. There are so many small isolated towns in NZ where one can "siam". :smile:
Please don't infect others. You are already a Covider who has recovered but may still be contagious.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Please don't infect others. You are already a Covider who has recovered but may still be contagious.

Possible but who cares about others I care only for myself. I learned this trait when I was living in Singapore. In life it is all about me. Nothing else matters.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I have already siamed to Pulau Ubin. My constant companions these days are a few village ex-virgins:sneaky: and a few wild boars.