• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

bros/sis shall we boycott nokia, htc for hiring lots of pinoys for their sg ops?

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
as above.. saw nokia care at vivo city has pinoys as cso.. why can't our citizens do such simple jobs? for other biz that hire lots of foreigners, it might be difficult to boycott them. but for mobile phone manufacturers its easier. lets us boycott nokia and htc. do not buy their phones!

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe you should boycott the entire Sinkie country then

i already explained for other biz it might not be feasible to boycott them, but for phone companies it is definitely feasible. r u a foreigner? I implore u to put yourself in the shoes of singaporeans. if people from other countries go to your country to take your jobs, u will be unhappy too.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
as above.. saw nokia care at vivo city has pinoys as cso.. why can't our citizens do such simple jobs? for other biz that hire lots of foreigners, it might be difficult to boycott them. but for mobile phone manufacturers its easier. lets us boycott nokia and htc. do not buy their phones!

Toshiba Data Dynamic also have entire CSO team is pinoys, so are you going to boycott every where there make use of FTs in Singapore? Than i think you need to boycott the whole of Singapore..........

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of people have already stopped buying Nokia. Nokia is now a subsidiary of Microsoft, it is dead as a brand.

Besides, Nokia used to have its Asia Pacific HQ in Singapore, but it moved overseas. Now you're left with customer service - dead-end jobs.

Nokia Care Centres will eventually downsize and have their numbers reduced.

I still remember Nokia's glory days in the mid-2000s - its Nokia Care Centre at Wheelock Place was always crowded.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
i already explained for other biz it might not be feasible to boycott them, but for phone companies it is definitely feasible. r u a foreigner? I implore u to put yourself in the shoes of singaporeans. if people from other countries go to your country to take your jobs, u will be unhappy too.

Everyone has already been boycotting nokia. You haven't yet?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Try Samsung or Google Nexus.. you will not land yourself in such a difficult situation.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you need to boy F&B as well.
for example ah koon kopi hiring china prc and pinoy as kopi-kia and local sinkie are minority. I have stopped drinking ah koon.

you can try starbucks which hire more local sinkie

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
My elderly aunt went to Samsung and also confronted with some foreigners Customer staffs( she says its Pinoys) who cannot speak Mandarin and now she has to beg her granddaughter to accompany her.

HTC employed mostly Sporean students for their services .

So its not Nokia only, Samsung as well or every companies employ FTs :(

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My elderly aunt went to Samsung and also confronted with some foreigners Customer staffs( she says its Pinoys) who cannot speak Mandarin and now she has to beg her granddaughter to accompany her.

HTC employed mostly Sporean students for their services .

So its not Nokia only, Samsung as well or every companies employ FTs :(

They're doing it because the pro-foreigner employment laws let them get away with it.

There is nothing wrong with employing foreigners, but if an entire department or division is infested with them, it indicates that there is an underlying disease.

It is also quite ironic, because Samsung is doing much better than HTC and you would think that outsourcing to cheap FTs is only done as a last resort to cut costs. :rolleyes:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You can also boycott all the hospitals because they employ a lot of pinoy and PRC as doctors and nurses.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
lolz. who uses nokia anymore(except me)???? no need boycott , already die natural death like lee KY gel's waifu.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
not forgetting most western restaurants, bars, etc.

not forgetting most kopitiams, hawker centres, food courts, and sinkie SMCs in general. u wanna get rd of the talents, you have to kill the traitors among us first, boy!