• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: Tan Jee Say & Ang Yong Guan to join SPP

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, what I am asking is why the WP is not meddling enough in the politics of the Singapore govt. And I mean Singapore govt, not ahpetc. Why do we not know enough about their plans for meddling in the Singapore govt. Why WP supporters are always saying grassroots grassroots grassroots and absolutely no talk about what's going to happen in parliament, what policies they're going to push for.
maybe i didn't explain it simpler enough.

to repeat, fact is daft, silent 60% already rejected wp from meddling into governing singapore. so do you think wp's priority is on taking good care of those that supported it (a-h-pe) or dive into policies making?

if certain plan/target is not among the top priorities then of course it will not get much publicity

You really think that things are going to change and they have anything to do with more WP people in parliament? If they have no plans to change the Singapore govt, you can kick the PAP out, and Singapore will be exactly the same as it used to be. Failure to plan is planning to fail. For me, there is almost no difference between "give us more seats and your lives will magically become better" and "come to church more often, give us 10% of your pay, and you will go to heaven".

The longer this goes on, the more I'm getting convinced they're more interested in power for its own sake.
law of nature says if you have enough competition then change is going to happen. period

however i'm not sure why you are scaring people into thinking that things will still be the same when the white scums are kicked out. perhaps you'd misunderstood my post.178 on "competition"

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's almost like saying that the elites should run the government and never the people. And I thought you were the great believer in democracy.

If they're only talking about petty little things like squabbles between political parties, or who's in or who's out, and they're not talking about national issues and policies and how to make life better for Singaporeans maybe they should just shut the fuck up and not talk so much cock.

again you look confused.

1st you seem to agree on having democracy (because you did not rebut yallowarse's belief in democracy) but then you went on to express your desire to "shut up" voices that you dun agree on (because you prefer "national issues and policies")

what an irony

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I understand that. That's OK. But my question is: why is it that up till now I am still not having a clear picture of how the WP is going to run Singapore when they take over parliament.

How is that even possible?

If you observe, not one single party is campaigning on forming the next gov. The work is now focus on denying PAP the absolute majority which is a lower threshold to clear than to campaign on capturing power which no voters in their right mind think that our oppositions are ready.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you observe, not one single party is campaigning on forming the next gov. The work is now focus on denying PAP the absolute majority which is a lower threshold to clear than to campaign on capturing power which no voters in their right mind think that our oppositions are ready.

You and I do not know when the opposition is coming into power. But I can guarantee you two things. 1. It takes a long time to be ready to run the govt of Singapore. 2. When the time comes for the opposition to enter power, they will not be ready.

Because I'm not saying that they haven't finished the long journey into preparing to take the reins of Singapore. I'm saying they haven't even started.

Unless you are saying you don't actually want them to get into power. You just want them to squeeze the PAP, and you still want the PAP to run this place. Macham like the "you run the town council I take the parliament seat" kind of arrangement.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
again you look confused.

1st you seem to agree on having democracy (because you did not rebut yallowarse's belief in democracy) but then you went on to express your desire to "shut up" voices that you dun agree on (because you prefer "national issues and policies")

what an irony

They can continue to make arses of themselves. It's just the party that will suffer that's all.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe i didn't explain it simpler enough.

to repeat, fact is daft, silent 60% already rejected wp from meddling into governing singapore. so do you think wp's priority is on taking good care of those that supported it (a-h-pe) or dive into policies making?

if certain plan/target is not among the top priorities then of course it will not get much publicity

Maybe I didn't explain it simple enough.

You don't really respect the views of the daft 60% sinkie majority who vote for the white scums. And suddenly you think that it is so important to respect them when they think that the WP shouldn't be involved in national issues?

The vote is about parliament. Town council is important, no doubt. But do you really love the town council system? Or was it imposed on you by the scums in white? Town council system is not 100% fucked up because there is a certain logic behind "if we vote you in, you must take care of us" but you got to be kidding if you're going to say that's what you wanted.

Things will not change if there is no competition. But if there is competition, then it depends. If the incumbent doesn't change the system, and if the competitor (WP) doesn't change the system, then what is going to change?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

not campaigning to form the next govt can be a good strategy. What's important is that all constituencies are contested so that the pap is stretched.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
You and I do not know when the opposition is coming into power. But I can guarantee you two things. 1. It takes a long time to be ready to run the govt of Singapore. 2. When the time comes for the opposition to enter power, they will not be ready.

Because I'm not saying that they haven't finished the long journey into preparing to take the reins of Singapore. I'm saying they haven't even started.

There are things that takes time to change and it requires an evolutionary than revolutionary process. At this moment, we need to focus on denying PAP the absolute majority, form a shadow cabinet for public to compare and change their mindset. From here opposition will be in a better position to takeover the government

Unless you are saying you don't actually want them to get into power. You just want them to squeeze the PAP, and you still want the PAP to run this place. Macham like the "you run the town council I take the parliament seat" kind of arrangement.

It not about your preference or mine but the general voter's sentiment. No point trying to sell something that the voters aren't receptive about for doing so will only be counter productive. Party in formulating their policies had to factor in what electorates wants and cater their policies toward that. And having capturing more seats, slowly influence the voters to change their mindset about opposition, the benefits of having more oppositions etc. And when opposition build up it strength, more talents will be willing to join in and PAP will no longer have a monopoly here. So it a 2-way traffic and are never in a static state.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe I didn't explain it simple enough.

You don't really respect the views of the daft 60% sinkie majority who vote for the white scums. And suddenly you think that it is so important to respect them when they think that the WP shouldn't be involved in national issues?
again you are confused. probably it's my fault for not explaining it anymore simpler

i'm respecting their choices, decisions, votes.

The vote is about parliament. Town council is important, no doubt. But do you really love the town council system? Or was it imposed on you by the scums in white? Town council system is not 100% fucked up because there is a certain logic behind "if we vote you in, you must take care of us" but you got to be kidding if you're going to say that's what you wanted.
not sure why you are so obsessed with "town council".

but i'm seeing wp doing more than just town council management, in their effort to thank, repay the voters that risked their own backyard to vote in more competition that always, always benefits the consumers

Things will not change if there is no competition. But if there is competition, then it depends. If the incumbent doesn't change the system, and if the competitor (WP) doesn't change the system, then what is going to change?
you are really confused.

if there exist the white scums and wp, in a competitive system instead of a monopolistic 1 we have today, the law of nature says both of them will try to up the game to gain the upper hand.

so why are you scaring people with "the competitor (WP) doesn't change the system"? that's almost like how the white scums were scaring the daft, silent 60% that the day the white scums are not screwing the singaporeans is the day singaporeans will need to work as domestic helpers in other countries.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's almost like saying that the elites should run the government and never the people. And I thought you were the great believer in democracy.

If they're only talking about petty little things like squabbles between political parties, or who's in or who's out, and they're not talking about national issues and policies and how to make life better for Singaporeans maybe they should just shut the fuck up and not talk so much cock.

Yellowarse was referring to WP having a well crafted message vs WP supporters coffeeshop talk. That also happens where SDP or PAP or the Republicans are concerned.

I am not sure how that becomes an issue of elites versus non-elites.

Doctors in hospitals can gather together during lunch to talk about the mundane dispute of WP vs SDP in Punggol East. We know LTK isn't even a science grad, much less a doctor. A bunch of "O Level" WP supporters can discuss gay rights and the pink dot, something WP doesn't have a stand on.

So what talking you?

The beauty of having supporters of independent mind is that they can disagree with the party on some occasions. I have disagreed with WP on at least 5 occasions. Another WP supporter disagreed with the choice of LLL as the Punggol East candidate. If WP supporters sung everything like WP, Goh Meng Seng will be the first to coin "blind supporters".

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yellowarse was referring to WP having a well crafted message vs WP supporters coffeeshop talk. That also happens where SDP or PAP or the Republicans are concerned.

I am not sure how that becomes an issue of elites versus non-elites.

Doctors in hospitals can gather together during lunch to talk about the mundane dispute of WP vs SDP in Punggol East. We know LTK isn't even a science grad, much less a doctor. A bunch of "O Level" WP supporters can discuss gay rights and the pink dot, something WP doesn't have a stand on.

So what talking you?

The beauty of having supporters of independent mind is that they can disagree with the party on some occasions. I have disagreed with WP on at least 5 occasions. Another WP supporter disagreed with the choice of LLL as the Punggol East candidate. If WP supporters sung everything like WP, Goh Meng Seng will be the first to coin "blind supporters".

It's really really petty and ugly. WP should be talking about fixing the PAP, not the SDP. And if they want to continue chatting, it's up to them.

There is a glaring absence in terms of the WP rank and file discussing national issues. Almost everything is local politics. It's almost as though only the leadership were dealing with the national issues, if at all. This is not how a democracy should work.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are really confused.

if there exist the white scums and wp, in a competitive system instead of a monopolistic 1 we have today, the law of nature says both of them will try to up the game to gain the upper hand.

so why are you scaring people with "the competitor (WP) doesn't change the system"? that's almost like how the white scums were scaring the daft, silent 60% that the day the white scums are not screwing the singaporeans is the day singaporeans will need to work as domestic helpers in other countries.

I'll believe it when I see it. Right now it's all petty little things like municipal issues. Town council or "thank you" events, it's all municipal.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
It not about your preference or mine but the general voter's sentiment. No point trying to sell something that the voters aren't receptive about for doing so will only be counter productive. Party in formulating their policies had to factor in what electorates wants and cater their policies toward that. And having capturing more seats, slowly influence the voters to change their mindset about opposition, the benefits of having more oppositions etc. And when opposition build up it strength, more talents will be willing to join in and PAP will no longer have a monopoly here. So it a 2-way traffic and are never in a static state.

They're taking too long to get started. Even if you say that the party listens to the people, the leaders have to start the conversation first. Then maybe the party members will give feedback, the voters will give feedback. What you are saying is that the party has to dumb itself down to the intellect of the voters. That is pathetic.

The leaders put the plan on the table, and after that people discuss the plans. That's how it should work. Otherwise the leaders will wait for the voters, the voters wait for the party members, the party members wait for the leaders. It never ends.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's really really petty and ugly. WP should be talking about fixing the PAP, not the SDP. And if they want to continue chatting, it's up to them..
while i'm sure you dun need any help on other oppos fixing wp... there are aplenty, do you care to provide some proof on wp fixing sdp, or any other oppos?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll believe it when I see it. Right now it's all petty little things like municipal issues. Town council or "thank you" events, it's all municipal.
you mean you want to see the law of nature on "competition"? or that how the political competition will mean changes?

if the former than perhaps you need to go back and question your primary school science teachers why they'd failed you when they skipped those chapters in your school days

if it's the latter then pls join me in voting in more oppo. just remember to not give any 1 party too many seats

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's all here in the forum. WP supporter slagging off SDP is the most common thing these days. That I even have to "provide proof" - that's a joke.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
They're taking too long to get started. Even if you say that the party listens to the people, the leaders have to start the conversation first. Then maybe the party members will give feedback, the voters will give feedback. What you are saying is that the party has to dumb itself down to the intellect of the voters. That is pathetic.

The leaders put the plan on the table, and after that people discuss the plans. That's how it should work. Otherwise the leaders will wait for the voters, the voters wait for the party members, the party members wait for the leaders. It never ends.
to be fair, wp did offer at least that "first class parliament" idea but it was shot down mercilessly.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be fair, wp did offer at least that "first class parliament" idea but it was shot down mercilessly.

well the only thing more pathetic than the voters dictating what the WP should do is the PAP dictating what the WP should do. This is your idea of how competition always always benefits the consumers huh.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's really really petty and ugly. WP should be talking about fixing the PAP, not the SDP. And if they want to continue chatting, it's up to them.

There is a glaring absence in terms of the WP rank and file discussing national issues. Almost everything is local politics. It's almost as though only the leadership were dealing with the national issues, if at all. This is not how a democracy should work.

I think your conclusion and ideal remedy of things is rather absolute and black or white, it can only be this or that. I understand the gist of your message but I can count the number of disagreeing voices and one is even a SDP supporter. But we are all entitled to our views and vote choices.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why should you let your opponents know your battle plan? That rather silly.