• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING - SINGAPORE CABINET RESHUFFLE! Kee qiu Chan promoted

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do all these ministers do???

Please explain to me what are the duties & responsibilities of the following:

Minister of State
Senior Minister of State

Parliamentary Secretary
Senior Parliamentary Secretary

Permanent Secretary
Senior Permanent Secretary

One minister per ministry not enough, still must create all these useless positions !@#$%^&*(

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: What do all these ministers do???

60%: None of my biz. What is your ulterior motive in wanting to know what they do?

40%: *shake head*

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Minister of State
Senior Minister of State

Parliamentary Secretary

Permanent Secretary

One minister per ministry not enough, still must create all these useless positions !@#$%^&*(

So that if sniper kills one there are many more to take their place.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Tharman cannot handle 3 jobs? Or is he too busy smooching Christine Lagarade

This bugger can even handle 10 jobs .... my appeal to him about RRA violations was handled by his deputy director MOM Lau without even him knowing of it! What fucking appeal to MOM Minister when it is paper shuffled by an overpaid clerk with prejudiced views.

Do I keep faith with MOM or its minister OR the gahmen? Guess which party will my entire family will be voting...

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Minister of State
Senior Minister of State

Parliamentary Secretary

Permanent Secretary

All others must cut costs n increase productivity except those in gahmen elites........... they simply do not know how to handle their jobs n try to make up the shortfall with quantity........... we pay their salaries too

jw5

Loyal
They need to upgrade too. Maybe to accommodate the need to move north, we will have, after MOS and SMOS these appointments - Deputy Asst Minister, Asst Minister, Senior Asst Minister, Deputy Minister, Senior Deputy Minister.

Senior Assistant Deputy Assistant Ministar
-- assistant to the ministar needs a deputy, but this fellow is not experienced enough, so he's an assistant, but he's also quite old, so senior.

Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

jw5

Loyal
Why can't Tan Chuna Jin get the higher post? What was wrong with him?

If he gets a higher post, he may not have enough time to see his children grow up. Boo hoohoo.......................

Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one considering political office."

=> Do you still remember who said these words? The pay increment from the promotion should be more than enough to offset the wayang pay cut, right?

jw5

Loyal
Is it simply re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic?

Mwahahahhahahahhahahaha!!!!!!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it simply re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic?

Mwahahahhahahahhahahaha!!!!!!

Afraid not! The cabinet is already bloated and costs tax payers hundreds of milions of dollars/fringe benefits and yet they still deem fit to carve out 3 ministries out of the existing MCYS and MICA. Really jaikliaobee. Creative re-shuffling?

jw5

Loyal
Afraid not! The cabinet is already bloated and costs tax payers hundreds of milions of dollars/fringe benefits and yet they still deem fit to carve out 3 ministries out of the existing MCYS and MICA. Really jaikliaobee. Creative re-shuffling?

Ministry of Social and Family Development. Perhaps more like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Love Boat.
I have already prepared my answer if any of them asks for suggestions to address the problem of declining population and birth-rates, without too many foreigners.
"In addition to being the owner of the restaurant, your grandson/granddaughter can also be the chef and the dish-washer.
That should solve the "problem"."

Mwahahahahhahahahahah!!!!!!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one considering political office."
=> Do you still remember who said these words? The pay increment from the promotion should be more than enough to offset the wayang pay cut, right?
If we abide by pappies credo, she can now:-
1. Meet Obama or any head of state, eye to eye without any hint of low esteem
2. Eat in restaurants instead of k/tiam or h/centre

Ah james fu's dotter never had it so good!

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Minsters, 2nd Ministers, Minister of States & Parliament Secretaries are Political Appointments - They have to be from a political party, voted into office by the people.

In terms of hierarchy, Minister -> Minister of State -> Parliament Secretary.

Permanent Secretaries are the top Civil Servants - who heads the Ministries and answer to political appointment holders. Below them are Deputy Secretaries. They are in charge of certain areas within the Ministries, so usually there are at least 2 Deputy Secretaries.

Minister of State
Senior Minister of State

Parliamentary Secretary

Permanent Secretary

Last edited:

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal

This signals the last term for Lui Tuck Yew and Yaacoob.

MOT is known to be the smallest Ministry in the Civil Service - now Lui has no secondary appointment. If he doesn't perform as Transport Minister, he should be out next.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition supporters are fucking ignoramuses.

CCS was Acting Minister but substantive MOS. He remains Acting Minister but has been promoted to substantive Senior MOS.

that is funny, Kee Chiu as I can recall was acting Minister for MCYS. Base on what criteria that he gets a double promotion to senior minister of state? Has his performance been spectacular at all especially when he is less than a year old experience? I smell fish.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apparently, those who screamed being underpaid like Grace Fu and Tan Chuan Jin during the salary review got promoted so "SUDDENTLY". LHL really don't want them to get short changed. What about private employer, do they have such "heart of gold"?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

This signals the last term for Lui Tuck Yew and Yaacoob.

MOT is known to be the smallest Ministry in the Civil Service - now Lui has no secondary appointment. If he doesn't perform as Transport Minister, he should be out next.

Lui failed in the RSN and in government. What's his next failure