• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

(breaking!!!) russia is first to register covid vaccine! fuck china fuck usa fuck europe! all useless! putin is the best!

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Russia becomes first country to approve a COVID-19 vaccine, says Putin

The vaccine was developed by Moscow's Gamaleya Institute, and has had less than two months of human testing.
The vaccine was developed by Moscow's Gamaleya Institute, and has had less than two months of human testing.PHOTO: BLOOMBERG
PUBLISHED
1 HOUR AGO
UPDATED
1 MIN AGO

MOSCOW (REUTERS, BLOOMBERG) - President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday (Aug 11) that Russia had become the first country in the world to grant regulatory approval to a Covid-19 vaccine after less than two months of human testing, a move hailed by Moscow as evidence of its scientific prowess.

The development paves the way for the mass inoculation of the Russian population, even as the final stage of clinical trials to test safety and efficacy continue.

The speed at which Russia is moving to roll out its vaccine highlights its determination to win the global race for an effective product, but has stirred concerns that it may be putting national prestige before sound science and safety.

Speaking at a government meeting on state television, Putin said the vaccine, developed by Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute, was safe and that it had even been administered to one of his daughters.

“I know that it works quite effectively, forms strong immunity, and I repeat, it has passed all the needed checks,” said Putin.

He said he hoped the country would soon start mass producing the vaccine.

His comments come as Russia registered 4,945 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Tuesday, pushing its national case tally to 897,599, the fourth largest in the world. The official death toll rose to 15,131 after authorities said in their daily coronavirus report that 130 people had died in the previous 24 hours.

The vaccine's approval by the health ministry foreshadows the start of a larger trial involving thousands of participants, commonly known as a Phase III trial. Such trials, which require a certain rate of participants catching the virus to observe the vaccine’s effect, are normally considered essential precursors for a vaccine to receive regulatory approval.

Regulators around the world have insisted that the rush to develop Covid-19 vaccines will not compromise safety. But recent surveys show growing public distrust in governments’ efforts to rapidly produce such a vaccine.

Russian health workers treating Covid-19 patients will be offered the chance of volunteering to be vaccinated soon after the vaccine’s approval, a source told Reuters last month.

More than 100 possible vaccines are being developed around the world to try to stop the Covid-19 pandemic. At least four are in final Phase III human trials, according to World Health Organization data.

Meanwhile, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte accepted Russia's offer of its coronavirus vaccine, volunteering to take the first shot as a gesture of trust and gratitude.

"When the vaccine arrives, I will have myself injected in public. Experiment on me first, that's fine with me," he said in a briefing on Monday night (Aug 10).

Mr Duterte - who has called President Putin his "idol" and who's seeking to boost ties with Russia - added that Manila can assist Moscow in clinical trials and local production.

Related Story
Coronavirus microsite: Get latest updates, videos and graphics

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Russia becomes first country to approve a COVID-19 vaccine, says Putin
The vaccine was developed by Moscow's Gamaleya Institute, and has had less than two months of human testing.'s Gamaleya Institute, and has had less than two months of human testing.
The vaccine was developed by Moscow's Gamaleya Institute, and has had less than two months of human testing.PHOTO: BLOOMBERG
PUBLISHED
1 HOUR AGO
UPDATED
1 MIN AGO

MOSCOW (REUTERS, BLOOMBERG) - President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday (Aug 11) that Russia had become the first country in the world to grant regulatory approval to a Covid-19 vaccine after less than two months of human testing, a move hailed by Moscow as evidence of its scientific prowess.

The development paves the way for the mass inoculation of the Russian population, even as the final stage of clinical trials to test safety and efficacy continue.

The speed at which Russia is moving to roll out its vaccine highlights its determination to win the global race for an effective product, but has stirred concerns that it may be putting national prestige before sound science and safety.

Speaking at a government meeting on state television, Putin said the vaccine, developed by Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute, was safe and that it had even been administered to one of his daughters.

“I know that it works quite effectively, forms strong immunity, and I repeat, it has passed all the needed checks,” said Putin.

He said he hoped the country would soon start mass producing the vaccine.

His comments come as Russia registered 4,945 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Tuesday, pushing its national case tally to 897,599, the fourth largest in the world. The official death toll rose to 15,131 after authorities said in their daily coronavirus report that 130 people had died in the previous 24 hours.

The vaccine's approval by the health ministry foreshadows the start of a larger trial involving thousands of participants, commonly known as a Phase III trial. Such trials, which require a certain rate of participants catching the virus to observe the vaccine’s effect, are normally considered essential precursors for a vaccine to receive regulatory approval.

Regulators around the world have insisted that the rush to develop Covid-19 vaccines will not compromise safety. But recent surveys show growing public distrust in governments’ efforts to rapidly produce such a vaccine.

Russian health workers treating Covid-19 patients will be offered the chance of volunteering to be vaccinated soon after the vaccine’s approval, a source told Reuters last month.

More than 100 possible vaccines are being developed around the world to try to stop the Covid-19 pandemic. At least four are in final Phase III human trials, according to World Health Organization data.

Meanwhile, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte accepted Russia's offer of its coronavirus vaccine, volunteering to take the first shot as a gesture of trust and gratitude.

"When the vaccine arrives, I will have myself injected in public. Experiment on me first, that's fine with me," he said in a briefing on Monday night (Aug 10).

Mr Duterte - who has called President Putin his "idol" and who's seeking to boost ties with Russia - added that Manila can assist Moscow in clinical trials and local production.

Related Story
Coronavirus microsite: Get latest updates, videos and graphics
The ruskies have always been good at producing clear potent liquids. Vodka comes to mind.

And this Duterte guy is ready to suck anyone's dick and be anyone's bitch. Embarrassing guy.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't trust the Ruskies... No way a vaccine can be invented so fast! There are still many trials n errors along the way n all these takes time.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Russians were the first to be in space. And the first to beat the hell out of hitler and Napoleon. Yet they are despised.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
what bullshit this vaccine is not even tested yet in clinical trials talk cock only

iran, china and russia is all bullshit liar morons